What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

I am a straight person, for you to be interested in other dude's panties, you are on a wrong forum join BHARAT SHITFUCK

On this forum, what you observed and what you stated is meaningless especially when judging someone else before establishing your own credentials? For you to judge others to be bad, first you have to establish your own credibility, and what is your credibility in the field of science and engineering? hence the question, did you invent the time machine? Did you fail to understand the question? or did you took the question in its literal meaning?
Dude why are you getting so worked up over this? I want to see Pakistan get stronger and technologically advanced too and the first step to do so is to accept our weaknesses and work towards rectifying them. Staying in state of denial is not the way to go.

Hi,

Thank you for he post---.
Tell that to the guy who has his 'panties in a bunch' over a harmless observation .

It’s a pretty small sample to generalize.

When NUST was in its infancy or probably on the drawing board, CAE was head and shoulders above other engineering schools in the country. The faculty comprised of young PhDs brimming with ideas and desire to make a difference. Every semester or other the whole curriculum was revised to keep pace with the cutting edge developments in the field. e.g. when Pentium chips were just introduced, undergrad students were learning machine programming 486s. The school was a cut above the rest because the graduation criteria was to successfully complete an individual project; with many a projects coming straight from the service’s own real-world requirement. This was a make or break requirement as all your academics stood for nought if you were not successful in the project. Even those academics were based on grading curve so you essentially had an up or out weeding out happening throughout the years with 20 to even 50 percent attrition not unheard of.

Compared to other schools in the country, you had access to better resources and it showed. Undergrad students projects included working prototypes of Airborne Infrared Search and Track Systems, missile guidance, neural networks (at undergrad level at a time very few had even heard of the AI/ML). Similarly doing finite element analysis and wind tunnel testing of various conformal fuel tank configurations were also undergraduate projects.

Obviously you have a continuum of performance among the graduates but the best could compete with the very best in the world. With a very small size, the ratio of graduates ending up at every top school (your MITs, Stanfords and the like) is fairly high. There are challenges certainly but many of those are systemic and endemic to our secondary school education system and service careers and hierarchy; Yet to summarily dismiss an institution, that is a national treasure in my view, based on a small sample size is too harsh a judgement.
I agree. My sample size is very small and extremely biased. I also agree that the better ones would most certainly not do their post-grad from Pakistan and do it from abroad. I had two professors who were from CAE and who got their post-grad degrees from the US. One of them was also the Vice-Principle. Extra-ordinary guy. Really knew his stuff.

The point I am trying to raise is that if we want to achieve the goal that we are hashing out for ourselves, we need to be able to attract and retain the top graduates from undergraduate courses.

You are the one who's calling names and arguing over unsubstantiated claims?

Dude why are you getting so worked up over this? I want to see Pakistan get stronger and technologically advanced too and the first step to do so is to accept our weaknesses and work towards rectifying them. Staying in state of denial is not the way to go.

Tell that to the guy who has his 'panties in a bunch' over a harmless observation .

I agree. My sample size is very small and extremely biased. I also agree that the better ones would most certainly not do their post-grad from Pakistan and do it from abroad. I had two professors who were from CAE and who got their post-grad degrees from the US. One of them was also the Vice-Principle. Extra-ordinary guy. Really knew his stuff.

The point I am trying to raise is that if we want to achieve the goal that we are hashing out for ourselves, we need to be able to attract and retain the top graduates from undergraduate courses.

JF-17B Thunder Bravo with air to air refueling probe.

1612275133640.png

The image (above), Serial No. 19-609 belongs to Squadron No. 18 (Sharp Shooters).

Anyone got a full image of it?

EqexGwEWMAAaPA4.jpg

People at Kamra or any other PSU can't produce shit without the TOT they get from designers. Basically, they neither have the culture nor people with the right kind of mind at the helm of affairs to innovating anything. For AZM, I only have hopes in the nascent private entities who despite their meager R&D budgets are doing some good work.

Beautiful plane, no ugly hinges, but who won the contest? That is what counts.

View attachment 713095

In an all out war what do you think will happen? PAF is half the size of IAF and the majority of the PAF fleet is F-7 aka flying trash cans, while the IAF fleet is 400+ BVR fighters, of which 200+ are Su-30mki. We CANNOT afford to lose even ONE extra plane for something as stupid as hignes screaming into enemy sensors.

In skirmishes, we can outnumber them in a small sector. But in war, they are absolutely a huge threat. Moreover, the IAF has learned a lot of lessons from Feb 27th, and it's good that the PAF showed restraint, only shot down 2 planes, and didn't follow fanboy's advice and reveal even more of their tactics.

Back
Top Bottom