What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

It truly feels like CATIC outsourced the design for this.. to a 2nd tier team or another agency, to keep the costs low. Even their trainers are more cleanly designed. Heck, even our FT-7 does not have protruding hinges.
Yes they do, and k8s do as well. Most side mounted canopies have hinges, many are visible. Ft7s are clearly visible

1599620353020.png

So according to program green color represent fuel cell coating of zinc etc so what around the cockpit ? Previously it was considered to be composite but now not sure

Green doesn't represent the composite particularly. Those are fuel cells. I don't think that 1.5x1sq/feet area of green composite around the cockpit on each side will ever makes such a difference for RCS. By the way, since there is a component that had to makes it way to the area under the cockpit of Thunder, this area will remain & utilized for fuel cell unless next adoptation and relocation of fuel cells. Open architecture & modular build-up are the keys.

Green doesn't represent the composite particularly. Those are fuel cells. I don't think that 1.5x1sq/feet area of green composite around the cockpit on each side will ever makes such a difference for RCS. By the way, since there is a component that had to makes it way to the area under the cockpit of Thunder, this area will remain & utilized for fuel cell unless next adoptation and relocation of fuel cells. Open architecture & modular build-up are the keys.
BTW, How much mass difference is between a sqft of composite as compared to regular metal used. Any idea ?

BTW, How much mass difference is between a sqft of composite as compared to regular metal used. Any idea ?

mass difference? We are looking at the area visible on air frame of Thunder under the Cockpit. Only a designer or engineer involved will disclose the volume that it can hold inside. Even I wouldn't tell if it is. My point is, only one particular area having green panel supposedly composite wouldn't make such a difference as compare to being applied to 3 areas at least. I wish I could calculate RCS and Radar band lengths that reflects after application of 1.5sq feet composites. Mind you, JF-17 Thunder is already a small AC having the lowest RCS given its size/Air-frame.

So according to program green color represent fuel cell coating of zinc etc so what around the cockpit ? Previously it was considered to be composite but now not sure
Green areas are fuel not composite..the program confirms this
I think we should not take that statement as a Blanket Statement for all the Green Areas on JF-17 fuselage, we must keep in mind the official was discussing the wing of JF-17 which was under construction in the facility ..... here we need to recall that the doors of main landing gears are also given green colour before to paint the jet in official livery

Secondly I find it very odd to even think that pilot would sit in such a cockpit which would be filled with jet fuel from all sides in result this arrangement would closed emergency escape of the pilot ....

Another thing is that we have seen under construction pics of cockpit and tail and both those areas don't show any facility for fuel storage.

Another thing is that we have seen under construction pics of cockpit and tail and both those areas don't show any facility for fuel storage.
It was very clear the officer was saying in the dual seat the vertical tail has a fuel tank.

All screenshots are from this decomentary.

There's a lot more detail that better eyesight can catch.

One of the engineers in the sheet metal parts factory mentions that they're capable of building sheet metal parts for the Next Generation Fighter (NGF). One wonders whether they're experimenting with the metals for Project Azm related aircraft already here.
One would hope the NGF doesnt use sheet metal for the skin.

I saw a good documentary showing how we are beginning to master the entire Value chain of parts , integration and block building of the JF-17

how much we have progressed in these 70 years

kv
The coolest thing here is that jf-17 b carries fuel in its tail

kv

Back
Top Bottom