What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

One would hope the NGF doesnt use sheet metal for the skin.

First of all it's not NGF discussion thread. However in regard to point you made; I can't imagine a plain sheet metal for NGF at all. There are obvious & understood rules for NGF in this particular area. Composites & then RAM coating plays major role. Now we can see how the designer will play along in frame work.

2P-84

vlcsnap-2020-09-09-19h20m12s314.png

Is there any evidence of different wing structure? Additional hard points/ strengthened stations? Block-III is supposedly based on the Bravo in some ways and we expect 4 BVRs on Block-III.
@khanasifm I think you have looked at wing structure in detail previously.

Is this even a Bravo to begin with, since some people are of the opinion there are still a few Block-IIs from the additional order of 12 remaining? @Pakistan Space Agency

Is there any evidence of different wing structure? Additional hard points/ strengthened stations? Block-III is supposedly based on the Bravo in some ways and we expect 4 BVRs on Block-III.
@khanasifm I think you have looked at wing structure in detail previously.

Is this even a Bravo to begin with, since some people are of the opinion there are still a few Block-IIs from the additional order of 12 remaining? @Pakistan Space Agency

Yes, there are 3 remaining out of total of 62 Block-2 single seaters.

2P-60, 2P-61 and 2P-62 are now NAF-720, NAF-721 and NAF-722.

It's not confirmed but it looks like 2P-81, 2P-82 and 2P-83 (or possibly 2P-84 instead of 2P-81) are the single seaters for PAF.

Yes, there are 3 remaining out of total of 62 Block-2 single seaters.

2P-60, 2P-61 and 2P-62 are now NAF-720, NAF-721 and NAF-722.

It's not confirmed but it looks like 2P-81, 2P-82 and 2P-83 (or possibly 2P-84 instead of 2P-81) are the single seaters for PAF.
2P-82 is definitely Bravo. Swept vertical tail with fuel tank it it:
2P-82 Bravo.jpg

It seems PAC / CAC chose the team that designed the JL-9 canopy vs the team that designed JL-10 / L-15. JL-9 hinges on the outside, JL-10 / L-15 inside. Oh well, PAF / PAF Fans will just have to live with it.

It seems PAC / CAC chose the team that designed the JL-9 canopy vs the team that designed JL-10 / L-15. JL-9 hinges on the outside, JL-10 / L-15 inside. Oh well, PAF / PAF Fans will just have to live with it.
Let's hope there's no one the AZM team going, "wait till you see the hinges on the NGFA..."

CAC also has the team that designed the J-10S's canopy without such hinges.
View attachment 668448View attachment 668449
This is not a side opening canopy.
A cursory look on the matter suggest there are at least two jets with side opening canopies none of them have hinges on the outside. The hawk hinge is visible in this screen shot:

I wrote something but then it was not worth it.

Back
Top Bottom