What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

1599546673311.png

1599546761690.png

Why does it looks like that some of these birds are different in sensor setup especially?

Are these new Bs or they were part of already delivered 26 aricrafts? If these are new, then PAF is really pushing on with Bs at remarkable pace.

Are these new Bs or they were part of already delivered 26 aricrafts? If these are new, then PAF is really pushing on with Bs at remarkable pace.

Part of 26.

Schedule of Block-2B order for PAF:
2019: 8
2020: 14
2021: 4

Only 1 Block-2B has been delivered to Myanmar so far out of an order of 16 As and Bs order. Not information on how many Block-2Bs they've ordered.

It truly feels like CATIC outsourced the design for this.. to a 2nd tier team or another agency, to keep the costs low. Even their trainers are more cleanly designed. Heck, even our FT-7 does not have protruding hinges.

It is very bad design for sure. I really cannot understand why the designers thought it was appropriate in this day and age.

JF-17B, a 4th Generation plane is designed and built by the guys that as per some online top guns, forgot or ill designed or couldn't come up with a solution for those 3 visible hinges. So as per online standards, when we have no argument in regard to the plane, people really think to call them professional idiots for these hinges or at least keeps taking jibes. Well, don't mind me for saying as such but it's getting childish and most boring argument. Just get over it as those hinges are supposed to stay with the airframes in Current State or unless some other changes. While pretending to be self proclaimed experts, please come with ideas, design studies and academia papers to suggest so the novices and low IQ like me can also learn something. Mind you, don't forget to add points in regard to impact of these hinges over flight regime of Thunder Bravo or how merely odd yet ugly looking hinges are somehow positively impacting flight parameters viz a viz the alternate solution that those professionals totally forgot and came with product in hurry.

Regards,

I am sorry but i just shared my views

here is for reference drag because of side mirrors

The Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers, which is an alliance of automobile manufacturers, and Tesla petitioned the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration as far back as 2014 to allow cameras to replace mirrors. In its petition, the carmakers noted that side mirrors increase a vehicle's overall aerodynamic drag by 2 to 7 percent. And a 10 percent reduction in drag, said the automakers, would improve fuel economy by an estimated 3.2 percent.

Side mirrors of a car that might accelerate to 140 miles at max, is compared to 1.6 Mach machine with small hinges.

Thread bans will be issued for the sake of education, information and quality discussion where cars aren't compared to jets. Don't mind but we are merely making joke of ourselves.

Back
Top Bottom