What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

Flying was stolen from me as child- first by glasses, then by circumstance. Its battered my mind for so long that when eventually when I could, I ran up a debt just so I could fly- solo'ed in 10 hours, got my license soon after.

That little card means more to than my two degrees, my career, my possessions and everything else Ive achieved.
Luck is the intersection of hard work and opportunity....it doesn't exist without both of them being present.

A general question for all the Senior members where do they see JF 17 after 5 years and once block 3 has been built and matured ?
should we add another block with more mature Electronics and a new Engine ?
or start upgrading the older blocks to be same as block 3 ETC

A general question for all the Senior members where do they see JF 17 after 5 years and once block 3 has been built and matured ?
should we add another block with more mature Electronics and a new Engine ?
or start upgrading the older blocks to be same as block 3 ETC

Hi,

All the BLK2 standards---once the numbers of the BLK 3 are substantial---the BLK2's would be re-furbished and sold to other nations operating BLK2's.

In the future---there is no reason to believe that the BLK 3 would not be the baseline standard for the Paf within 7 years time period.

but the QUESTION still remains SIR what will be next for JF17 after 5 years ..yes export to other countries but what about for our own AIR FORCE after 5 years ....

but the QUESTION still remains SIR what will be next for JF17 after 5 years ..yes export to other countries but what about for our own AIR FORCE after 5 years ....
In my opinion at the rate it is progressing, it could end up being a possible contender for replacing older F-16 A/Bs. Block 3 may include IRST, AESA Radar, FLIR, Digital Fly By Wire (FBW) etc. I am really hoping to see 2 conformal fuel tanks tanks like the F-16 Block 52 and 60. It may include more hard points and use material that make it lighter yet strengthen the air-farm to carry extra ordinance

Hi,

That is the real problem over here---. We should have had another 75 aircraft of minimum capability of the F16BLK52.

The Paf is FAR FAR behind the curve. After 5 yers it would be the BLK 3---and then integration of BLK 3---another 10 years process---.

Tactically---we really are in deep sh-it.

What we need is a fully operational aircraft in our wings now.

Do the brand new fighters fly with the old engines when they fly for the first time?

Hi,

They fly with bench tested brand new engines designated for that aircraft---if that is what you wanted to know---.

Hi,

That is the real problem over here---. We should have had another 75 aircraft of minimum capability of the F16BLK52.

The Paf is FAR FAR behind the curve. After 5 yers it would be the BLK 3---and then integration of BLK 3---another 10 years process---.

Tactically---we really are in deep sh-it.

What we need is a fully operational aircraft in our wings now.

Hi,

They fly with bench tested brand new engines designated for that aircraft---if that is what you wanted to know---.
Sir most of realistic people on this forum know that we are in deep shit when it comes to AIR FORCE and NAVY and in some portion of ARMY as well . Few Years back in UK they conducted a study that AIR FORCE AND NAVY should be combined in order to save money and fulfil operational requirements MAY be its time we start thinking something like that too .
MY Naive opinion is we will go to war with India Sooner or Later over Water and we cant over rely on our bluff card of NUCLEAR BOMBS because reality is OUR ARMY GENERALS WONT have the balls to press the NUKE BUTTON if the INDIANS pushed us against the WALL. TWICE we got lucky when we were pushed around BY INDIANS but 3rd time lucky will be a very very BIG DAY DREAM

One has to first know exactly what the block-III standard is. Based on public knowledge, not different as such from the B model in terms avionics and other improvements.

That being said, block-III is happening more in Pakistan than in China.
The AESA solution has yet to be finalized, although it is likely that the KLJ derivitive will serve as the "stop-gap" standard
Do you think the PAF is aiming to localize the production of an AESA radar for the Block-III? I was wondering so because an AVIC official told Alan Warnes that the PAF would not likely get the SD-10's source codes if it selects the Vixen-1000E (and vice-versa). To be honest, that was quite alarming and a sign that perhaps the PAF will need to expedite an AESA radar of its own so that it could integrate its selection of weapons.

TTP in app loog just vanished after the NEWS of JET FALLEN DOWN A SOLDIER LAYED HIS LIFE to MIllitants must be machines their TOO plus they can not TARGET ANY 1 from 3-4 feet TRY GIVING THEM GUN AND CHECK THEIR TARGET HITTING ABILITY must something else HAVE HAPPENED MUST BE.same magnet ?? or FROM VERY NEAR MAYBE ??? LIGHT is TOO IMPORTANT CHAHAAY KHUD HI KHARAAB KAAR DAIN POORAY PAKISTAN KI AND NOTHING FOR GENS TOO ,REALLY SERIOUS THHEEK BHI KHUD HI KARNI HAI .

SIRS G PETRO: IS VANISHING FROM EVERY WHERE AND IN PAKISTAN ....every thing is going MORE FASTER . BECAUSE OF TTP inside . LIFE MUST BE SLOWED DOWN . TTP is having FUN PAKISTANI PAIDAAL BHI CHAAL LAIN GAAY EMERGENCY HAI .KAAL BHI TU HAI .ABHI TU BECAUSE OF TTP. bhi hai .

Hi,

Welcome to the forum---please respect the integrity of the forum---. We have worked really hard to maintain it over the years---.

Our spoken language is ENGLISH---we have a lots of foreign members over here---so please show your respect and post in a proper manner that everyone can read and understand.

Thank you.

Twin-seat JF-17B/FC-1B fighter makes first flight
Richard D Fisher Jr, Washington DC - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly
28 April 2017

The twin-seat Pakistan Aeronautical Complex/Chengdu Aircraft Industry Corporation (PAC/CAC) JF-17B Thunder/FC-1B Xiaolong combat aircraft has made its maiden flight, according to images posted on Chinese online forums on 27 April.

p1693113.jpg
Before its maiden flight the JF-17B/FC-1B was seen conducting taxiing tests at the CAC's airfield in Chengdu. (Via FYJS web page)

The new variant of the JF-17/FC-1 fighter is believed to have completed its first flight from the CAC's airfield in Chengdu, where just a few days before it had been photographed conducting taxiing tests since at least 24 April.

The recently posted images confirm that the fighter has a larger swept-back vertical stabiliser as seen in a model of the aircraft shown at Airshow China in November 2016. They also confirm that the variant has a deeper dorsal spine, which adds fuel capacity to compensate for the additional weight.

Specifications provided by the Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC) state the 'FC-1 Tandem Seat Trainer' has a larger wing span (9.465 m) than that of the single-seat variant (8.5 m) as well as a slightly modified nose section.

An AVIC official told Jane's at the 2017 IDEX show in Abu Dhabi that a new fly-by-wire system has helped reduce the weight of the new variant.

According to Jane's All the World's Aircraft: Development & Production , a Chinese display card emerged a few years ago quoting dimensions of the new variant that differed slightly from those of the single-seater, including height (4.6 m instead of 4.7 for the single seater) and length (14.5 m instead of 14.2 m).

A model of a tandem-seat FC-1 was first exhibited at the Paris Air Show in June 2013 by the China National Aero-Technology Import & Export Corporation (CATIC).

Chinese reports indicate the first prototype of the twin-seater was completed by late 2016.

http://www.janes.com/article/69915/twin-seat-jf-17b-fc-1b-fighter-makes-first-flight

In my opinion at the rate it is progressing, it could end up being a possible contender for replacing older F-16 A/Bs. Block 3 may include IRST, AESA Radar, FLIR, Digital Fly By Wire (FBW) etc. I am really hoping to see 2 conformal fuel tanks tanks like the F-16 Block 52 and 60. It may include more hard points and use material that make it lighter yet strengthen the air-farm to carry extra ordinance
JF17 is already way advanced then it was supposed to be initially...and no way its going to get conformal fuel tanks and its not here to replace the viper but to support it

JF17 is already way advanced then it was supposed to be initially...and no way its going to get conformal fuel tanks and its not here to replace the viper but to support it
OK, can you explain why it would not get conformal fuel tanks? Is it because of the size or shape of the aircraft that is preventing it? I am curious, because in the F-16 it freed up space for more ordinances to be carried. But if you know something I don't please share.

OK, can you explain why it would not get conformal fuel tanks? Is it because of the size or shape of the aircraft that is preventing it? I am curious, because in the F-16 it freed up space for more ordinances to be carried. But if you know something I don't please share.
Not every A/C is F16 and not every A/C is made by L.H Martin...do u think JF-17 will be able to do an effective dogfight with CFTs fitted to it...CFTs may have benefits but they hv limitations as well e.g g-load limitations and air drag and PAC even installed removable IFR probe just to reduce airdrag then why on Earth install CFTs..JF17 doesnt has a P&W engine like an F16..a lot of thrust diff b/w the two..and there are lot of other reasons like this...and why would it even need CFTs any major advantage?
PEACE!

Back
Top Bottom