What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

With people's ego in their hands, and their head up their displays, can't really teach much to them, technology, tactics, history, strategy etc. Everyone with google seems to know more. Any statement is an insult to some civilian, or some nationality. What a depressive state of degeneration in this generation. At my time, I could disagree with my OC, and he appreciated it. Saved lives many times giving criticism over planned missions. We weren't trained to mince words. What someone find condescending is not intended. MK's words are deep, but will only be grasped by people with depth themselves. but then he is a comrade I have started to admire even more.

I got my PPL (it was APL then) when i was 15. Got a lot of crap in the academy for it.
The biggest issue is not google or the lack of it, its quoting the first result they see on it.
Today its trust rather than truth that matters. If someone trusts a less qualified person just based on what they liked once they end up believing and buying anything.

Something I oft repeat here is agree to disagree; if I have an opinion and you can convince me Im wrong through knowledgeable discussion then so be it- im here to learn as much as the other guy. But when you cannot convince me besides saying I know and you don't, Then what is the point.

The side is the ones engaging in loghorrea; throwing out irrelevant links and ideas by doing quick google searches to sound learnt and intelligent.
So sure, question- like einstien did his professors .. but only after he at the least had read through books of ideas and equations

There are very few who engage in such discussions anymore. Like the many new religious scholars that inspire people whose videos get passed around " unn ko suna hai aap ne? Bohat acha bolte hain"

What exactly did he say?
"I don't remember exactly, you should see the video I sent you- it was inspring"
How was it inspiring? And how come you don't remember much beyond tid bits if it was that good?

Hearsay, single source ideas especially in this age of fake experts and deception are folly, but that is trend and sort of the answer to @araz question on why it seems pointless.

Everyone claims to have a line, a source , an inside man they believe to be true- some might actually have one and don't say the whole story-

As an example, most should be aware by now as its 90's; a story I repeat is of a reduced rcs mirage we tested.Most know the how, but many can guess.
How do I know this, a certain former head of Kamra I know.
That is truth enough for me then, yet I verified it from another source in casual conversation. Now I have two sources: both actually in the profession, of the related service, of senior rank and both having been in those position.
I can't force you to believe me, but it's going to take a LOT of effort and proving on your part to convince me otherwise if you wish to make the effort..but..That has become the issue of generations almost. Globally perhaps.
No one prepared to admit " Im sorry, I don't know or I don't have the answer or lets agree to disagree"

A lot of good members have on occasion forgotten this(me included): there are no brownie points here, you can just as well assumed to be(or could be) an obese teenager on pdf in one window and instagram of scantily clad women in the other.

You can't have the respect of all and surely can't make everyone understand your point of view- leave aside the impossibility of making them all think you are right.

With people's ego in their hands, and their head up their displays, can't really teach much to them, technology, tactics, history, strategy etc. Everyone with google seems to know more. Any statement is an insult to some civilian, or some nationality. What a depressive state of degeneration in this generation. At my time, I could disagree with my OC, and he appreciated it. Saved lives many times giving criticism over planned missions. We weren't trained to mince words. What someone find condescending is not intended. MK's words are deep, but will only be grasped by people with depth themselves. but then he is a comrade I have started to admire even more.

I got my PPL (it was APL then) when i was 15. Got a lot of crap in the academy for it.

Well this generation is and will be suffering from the upper generation's mistakes. Maybe you lived in a fortunate time with an OC where he would appreciate your reasoning...most I believe are not that lucky. For example, my dad during his time as left wingman on Sherdils 1989 team asked the OC to expand the team and make it a full time organisation with PR relations for the air force, instead he was threatened for his direct approach of criticism.

As for PPL, you beat me....I got it at 17...a few years ago while in final year of high-school.

Flying was stolen from me as child- first by glasses, then by circumstance. Its battered my mind for so long that when eventually when I could, I ran up a debt just so I could fly- solo'ed in 10 hours, got my license soon after.

That little card means more to than my two degrees, my career, my possessions and everything else Ive achieved.

Would it be possible to upgrade JF-17B to block 3 standard after the induction of block3? This includes the integration of AESA radar.
@MastanKhan @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Bilal Khan 777
One has to first know exactly what the block-III standard is. Based on public knowledge, not different as such from the B model in terms avionics and other improvements.

That being said, block-III is happening more in Pakistan than in China.
The AESA solution has yet to be finalized, although it is likely that the KLJ derivitive will serve as the "stop-gap" standard

Hearsay, single source ideas especially in this age of fake experts and deception are folly, but that is trend and sort of the answer to @araz question on why it seems pointless.

I respect your decision & would not pursue you to change it or amend it .... & just because of this reason I didn't make any comment to this issue till now but before any goodbye would like to share
Shuja Khawar.png

Regards,
HRK

Do the brand new fighters fly with the old engines when they fly for the first time?

You got me wrong or perhaps i mingled it. The WS-13 is still being tested and has not entered service you know so equipping it on the jf-17B for for taxi and first flight would be absurd to begin with.

Last edited:
The biggest issue is not google or the lack of it, its quoting the first result they see on it.
Today its trust rather than truth that matters. If someone trusts a less qualified person just based on what they liked once they end up believing and buying anything.

Something I oft repeat here is agree to disagree; if I have an opinion and you can convince me Im wrong through knowledgeable discussion then so be it- im here to learn as much as the other guy. But when you cannot convince me besides saying I know and you don't, Then what is the point.

The side is the ones engaging in loghorrea; throwing out irrelevant links and ideas by doing quick google searches to sound learnt and intelligent.
So sure, question- like einstien did his professors .. but only after he at the least had read through books of ideas and equations

There are very few who engage in such discussions anymore. Like the many new religious scholars that inspire people whose videos get passed around " unn ko suna hai aap ne? Bohat acha bolte hain"

What exactly did he say?
"I don't remember exactly, you should see the video I sent you- it was inspring"
How was it inspiring? And how come you don't remember much beyond tid bits if it was that good?

Everyone claims to have a line, a source , an inside man they believe to be true- some might actually have one and don't say the whole story-

As an example, most should be aware by now as its 90's; a story I repeat is of a reduced rcs mirage we tested.Most know the how, but many can guess.
How do I know this, a certain former head of Kamra I know.
That is truth enough for me then, yet I verified it from another source in casual conversation. Now I have two sources: both actually in the profession, of the related service, of senior rank and both having been in those position.
I can't force you to believe me, but it's going to take a LOT of effort and proving on your part to convince me otherwise if you wish to make the effort..but..That has become the issue of generations almost. Globally perhaps.
No one prepared to admit " Im sorry, I don't know or I don't have the answer or lets agree to disagree"

A lot of good members have on occasion forgotten this(me included): there are no brownie points here, you can just as well assumed to be(or could be) an obese teenager on pdf in one window and instagram of scantily clad women in the other.

You can't have the respect of all and surely can't make everyone understand your point of view- leave aside the impossibility of making them all think you are right.

There in bold is the crux of the problem with the new generation of Pakistani defense enthusiast posters. Nobody is willing to engage in a civil discourse or better yet learn from the professionals or from senior peers who have gathered knowledge over the years. This why despite being extremely active at sister Pakistani & other forums a few years ago, I hardly post anymore anywhere now & rarely on matters relating to the military because some kid who joined up a week ago will either call my post bullshit or take extreme offense to a reply which was meant to put across my view on the subject. This malady (if I may call it that) isn't limited to kids/newbies alone. Sadly I sometimes see senior members (in terms of age & joining date rather than post numbers) including myself engage in this behavior. Taraqi e Maqoos all around if you ask me.

Thunder Vs Thunder, a pair of JF-17s engaged in ACT.

View attachment 393830
u sure its an ACT...quite strange for a pilot to let another jet come at its tail in modern BFMs...or he deliberately allowed him for the sake of practice?
p.s both are banking at same angle...the first one should be avoiding him if they are engaged

u sure its an ACT...quite strange for a pilot to let another jet come at its tail in modern BFMs...or he deliberately allowed him for the sake of practice?
p.s both are banking at same angle...the first one should be avoiding him if they are engaged
That is a formation shot- there are strict safety distances maintained in act.

Would it be possible to upgrade JF-17B to block 3 standard after the induction of block3? This includes the integration of AESA radar.
@MastanKhan @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Bilal Khan 777

Hi,

We might be seeing the first glimpses of the coming BLK3 aircraft in the form of the BLK B.

Some of the changes in the BLK B are the pre-cursor to what the BLK3 will have.

So---let us wait for the production version / package of the BLK B---.

Back
Top Bottom