What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

And the engine . we will need a 20% increase in thrust.

Hi,

And why would you need that?

I mean to say---I won't mind a more powerful engine---but is a 20% more powerful engine needed for this aircraft in the first place?

forgive my cynicism but what was Pakistan's contribution to the development of the JF-17B? it was developed in chengdu china, it was flown by a chinese test pilot, it had a pakistan flag painted next to it beside the chinese one. so if someone could clear up my obvious misconception please feel free
kind regards.

Hi,

The product is ready---what difference does it make if there was pak contribution or not---.

What is the significance.

forgive my cynicism but what was Pakistan's contribution to the development of the JF-17B? it was developed in chengdu china, it was flown by a chinese test pilot, it had a pakistan flag painted next to it beside the chinese one. so if someone could clear up my obvious misconception please feel free
kind regards.

We own it. Is it enough for you?

calling it a product of pakistan and painting your flag next to it is a big deal, if someone manufactured a sports car, got one of there guys to try it on a race track, then a second team came along who sat there and watched your team build the vehicle and asked can you put our teams name on the car we'll manufacture it together and we'll split the profit 50:50 how would you're team feel, they made it and tested it in there own backyard then another group of people come take a picture next to it didn't do shit in the first place and want 50% of the profit in its manufacturing. from a priniciples point of view it is a big deal.

Hi,

Seemed like you missed it somewhere---supposedly Pakistan will get all the profit---.

calling it a product of pakistan and painting your flag next to it is a big deal, if someone manufactured a sports car, got one of there guys to try it on a race track, then a second team came along who sat there and watched your team build the vehicle and asked can you put our teams name on the car we'll manufacture it together and we'll split the profit 50:50 how would you're team feel, they made it and tested it in there own backyard then another group of people come take a picture next to it didn't do shit in the first place and want 50% of the profit in its manufacturing. from a priniciples point of view it is a big deal.
Why would a maker will add name of someone as a partner who is not involved in the making of the product?

And u missed the point that all these aircrafts except F-16 are dual engine aircrafts and have better engines then JF-17.Moreover u urself said TOP FIGHTERS IN THE WORLD and sorry to say JF-17 is not a top fighter and even CFTs on these A/Cs are under testing phase...
PEACE!

Seems like u forgot CFTs aren't empty they have fuel in them...they do increase load on the A/C and they still increase drag..
dude believe what you want, im not going to argue over something as like this. Btw if you have not heard China is working on a more powerful/efficent engine, which will be incorporated into future JF-17s including the two seater B and future Blocks. Again do some research dude

dude believe what you want, im not going to argue over something as like this. Btw if you have not heard China is working on a more powerful/efficent engine, which will be incorporated into future JF-17s including the two seater B and future Blocks. Again do some research dude
PAF is on record saying that it will persevere with RD series. Chinese have no doubt been improving leaps and bounds but the maturity of the RD series works to its advantage. So what you are proposing is unlikely to work in the near future.
As to doing some research when you "research " the rules it says you project your point of view with civility. This applies especially when you talk to aTTA or title holder. I am not making these rules up they are there. So please be civil in your arguments to another poster.
Regards.

With mou with French on engine related technology was not specifically for rd93 engine correct ?? It's can be applied to any engine hot section

F6 as well as ft5 and a5 had 100 hour mtbo for engine , f7s had 300 and paf had replaced a lot of stuff like fuel pumps filters etc on the engine to western OEM

No Chinese engine as far aa I know or have read has so far passed the 300 mark

Ws10 ?? Ws13 is still mystery

Rd93 has 600-800 hundred hour mtbo and perhaps with French technology it may further be refined

Last edited:
Yeah well I know now u aint got any point against my last message and U HEARD ABOUT THE NEW ENGINE,U HEARD ABOUT CFTs...bhaii bolne ko to jo merzi bol do..baaten bnana konsa mushkil kaam hy...
Ur research is based on I HEARD well this is not called research rather its called POINT OF VIEW or other people opinions..come with some facts and then critisize on others...
PEACE...!

Yeah well I know now u aint got any point against my last message and U HEARD ABOUT THE NEW ENGINE,U HEARD ABOUT CFTs...bhaii bolne ko to jo merzi bol do..baaten bnana konsa mushkil kaam hy...
Ur research is based on I HEARD well this is not called research rather its called POINT OF VIEW or other people opinions..come with some facts and then critisize on others...
PEACE...!
Dude whats your problem.... you are stating your point of view, and I am tell you mine, unfortunately there is no information yet on JF-17 CFTs, but there is on other aircraft. The J-10 for example little hard to see but they are there. If a single engine fighter like to J-10 can then so can we.
upload_2017-5-13_21-53-20.jpeg

upload_2017-5-13_21-53-39.jpeg

You brough up drag and weight here is an article that may help you better understand when and why CFTs are used. They are mission specific like I mentioned before.
http://defense-update.com/products/c/F-16-CFT.htm
It talks about the F-16 and how CFTs are used on it and why. If the F-16 can incorporate them then so can we. Thats all Im trying to say.

Next part I am not trying to disrespect you but I admire your stubbornness, cause it makes me want to dig for more information about the subject so I can present it to you. But now its time to get back on topic and end this minor argument. PEACE!

Dude whats your problem.... you are stating your point of view, and I am tell you mine, unfortunately there is no information yet on JF-17 CFTs, but there is on other aircraft. The J-10 for example little hard to see but they are there. If a single engine fighter like to J-10 can then so can we.
View attachment 396576
View attachment 396577

You brough up drag and weight here is an article that may help you better understand when and why CFTs are used. They are mission specific like I mentioned before.
It talks about the F-16 and how CFTs are used on it and why. If the F-16 can incorporate them then so can we. Thats all Im trying to say.

Next part I am not trying to disrespect you but I admire your stubbornness, cause it makes me want to dig for more information about the subject so I can present it to you. But now its time to get back on topic and end this minor argument. PEACE!
Thats what i am saying from the start that we both are giving our POVs but u are reacting like its not ur POV but ur Research which is wrong...and as u urself are saying that there is no information abt CFTs on JFT then why make arguments in its favor...jb koi lead mile to tb baat krna..
And why do u keep dragging F16 man...F16 is not a chinese A/C and is not new in the aviation world u cant compare it with JF17 especially in terms of UPGRADES..and btw again ur RESEARCH is based on internet articles and i am telling u information which i have got from PAF pilots with face to face discussion...

View attachment 396576
View attachment 396577

Hi,

Pakistanis still live under the illusion that pakistani servicemen know more than the civilians---.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom