What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

IMO not, it is neither proven nor by most analyst doable due to ground clearance ... so IMO it is far from a fact.
Actually, ground clearance isn't the issue. @JamD determined that the Ra'ad's horizontal stabilizers would interfere with multiple parts of the JF-17 (e.g., landing gear). That's why it isn't doable.

So, in effect, the solution is making the Ra'ad more compact, which is a bit of work (basically a change in how the flight control system works), but not impossible. Alternatively, PAC can use its target drone experience and make a new ALCM from the ground-up at AvRID.

L-15_cockpit1.jpg

Hi,

Amazing isn't it---every illusion about the JF17 has become reality slowly but surely---.

Hatf V111 is around 15 years old initiative---. Which by default means that with access to newer technology and applications a smaller but equally destructive or more destructive ALCM is in the making or has already been built---.

At this time we have a perfect launch platform thru the Mirage aircraft---so in another 5 years time period or lesser or maybe now---we may have multiple smaller and deadlier ALCM's available to us in the future or now---.

But let me go back---we are about to integrate the BLK B's---. We definitely have a tactical weapon for that aircraft---. We just did not manufacture the BLK B for secondary rides to learner Pilots and dignitories---.

No it does not ... it is exactly the same same as all Thunders have, it looks only a bit flatter to to a slight distortion.

Guys ... don't get me wrong, you are too much overinterpreting each minor detail.
THANK YOU!!

I think 19/20-605 will be first one built at PAC.
2p 61 and 62 are single seaters if i remember correctly

Last edited:
Can PAF use JF17B for LIFT? What are pros and cons?
Hi I hope they can but what’s the point of using B as a lift as PAF already having jf17 pilots without needing B version the best bet for B version is to use it as a growler kind of thing if not perfectly like growler but kind of as @MK also mentioned in his post second pilot should be doing something. Better then the trainer
Just a thought
Thank you

Can PAF use JF17B for LIFT? What are pros and cons?

Hi,

It should be and must be used for any usage a 2 seater has---. Pilot training---strike missions----electronic jamming aircraft---giving Joy rides to Air chief marshall's---Commander in chiefs or other dignitories---and whatever purpose fits its form and function---it must be and should be used frequently and often---.

Hi,

It should be and must be used for any usage a 2 seater has---. Pilot training---strike missions----electronic jamming aircraft---giving Joy rides to Air chief marshall's---Commander in chiefs or other dignitories---and whatever purpose fits its form and function---it must be and should be used frequently and often---.
Hi @ Mk what’s your take on the present engine capacity can it be used as a growler kind of plane or to some extent will it live up to the expectations with the thrust jf17 is using at the moment though we shall keep in mind about the second pilot on the back seat offcourse with hanging out load also
Thank you

View attachment 598601

Does this means there was one facility for single seater and a separate for dual now added ?

The Dual Seat Thunders have a lot more into play as compare to what is known in public domain. In-fact such facility as it named "Dynamic Solution" beside "Integration" is whole some new ball game. In my opinion; pretty much validates self reliance towards more advance weapons being built in house and another step for indiginization of Next Gen Weapons/Avionics for NGF/Azm.

These birds will work like validation bed of new weapons & equipment through tests & integration so that the process for NGF will come eventually without any delay or loopholes at all. Similarly to what Block II lastly demonstrated through test of an unknown SOW test at weapon test range. Furthermore, this is a process to have several results at a time. For the reference, we can see how Block-III Thunder in-cooperates tech from J-20 as well as J-10C and more.

These facilities are not just limited to dual seat integration. Just saying.

One thing that bothers me is why are changes in Block 3 not incorporated into the Bs as well since they are being built more or less the same time frame. Perhaps there are technical bits that I am missing here. One step which could have been done was the shifting of the IR MAWS as in Block 3.
A

Back
Top Bottom