What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

The communication antenna under nose is same in these two photos. I can say with certainty that these photos are of the same aircraft. O1/601 and 03/603 have different antenna under the nose that is typical to PAF JF-17s.

Sorry 03/602. Correction.

A nice looking line up.
80836357_2433171030143914_3758065052213575680_n.jpg

Hi,

Isn't this weapon inferior to Hatf V111---?

We already have a more capable weapon---.
IMO a different use case. Ra'ad/Ra'ad II is primarily for delivering nuclear warheads, while the SOM is a long-range conventional weapon.

But with a warhead weight of 230 kg, the SOM's primary benefit is range (250+ km).

I would much rather develop a new Ra'ad that fits on the JF-17 but carries a 500+ kg warhead, so long-range and heavy. Perhaps something along the lines of the Raptor 3 by Denel Dynamics (which seems to retain the Raptor I/II or H2/H4's 600 kg warhead, while also incorporating an air-breathing engine for cruising).

In fact, I like this Raptor 3 design a lot, seems the folding wings give it a very sleek or thin profile, which means it should theoretically fit under the JF-17's wings.

Plus, besides using our own LACM seeker tech, we can retain the EO/TV seeker of the H-2/H-4 for very precise terminal-stage guidance.

Long-range-Raptor-III-goes-on-display-_AAD143_.jpg

upload_2019-12-31_20-48-2.png

@Gryphon

Last edited:
IMO a different use case. Ra'ad/Ra'ad II is primarily for delivering nuclear warheads, while the SOM is a long-range conventional weapon.

But with a warhead weight of 230 kg, the SOM's primary benefit is range (250+ km).

I would much rather develop a new Ra'ad that fits on the JF-17 but carries a 500+ kg warhead, so long-range and heavy. Perhaps something along the lines of the Raptor 3 by Denel Dynamics (which seems to retain the Raptor I/II or H2/H4's 600 kg warhead, while also incorporating an air-breathing engine for cruising).

In fact, I like this Raptor 3 design a lot, seems the folding wings give it a very sleek or thin profile, which means it should theoretically fit under the JF-17's wings.

Plus, besides using our own LACM seeker tech, we can retain the EO/TV seeker of the H-2/H-4 for very precise terminal-stage guidance.

View attachment 597138

@Gryphon
Agreed !!! We need a lighter version of RAAD for conventional role

View attachment 597138

@Gryphon

Hi,

It is in the plans---. The Paf has learnt that it can do these things pretty good---. If europeans / america has it---Paf will build it---not as good immediately but eventually---.

If you may remember---many a years ago I stated as long as your primary weapons stays within 90/95% of enemy's capabilities---you will have some kind of grip over things---.

But the 27th has proved otherwise---technically and tactically the enemy's superiority has been matched---.

That in itself is an aphrodisiac---. Nothing like success and victory to clear the cobwebs in your brain---. Just look at the production of the BLK B's in a short time---.

What I would really like to know is how they maintain their quality control---and what is the quality control regime like.

Hi,

With what I am reading on the web---the fighter aircraft community is totally intrigued by the JF17 specially after the feb27th episode---.

It something new and unique for them---. The officianados of the gaming world and hobbyists are looking deeper into this aircraft and its capabilities---.

More people are doing search and research on this aircraft than ever before and looking the purpose of the build of this machine---what this machine stands for---and how and air force was able to pull thru a miracle with a funding of $500 million----. And this last part makes them wonder with an exclamation of wow---.

Once they look at the cost factor of building this machine and the ability of this air craft---they are looking less at the finesse of this aircraft as compared to the Grippen---but they are now looking at what this aircraft can do and at what cost---.

Well the real surprise coming would be the induction of the BLK 3 and the capabilities of that aircraft when unveiled---.

Blk 3 has some nice nice goodies coming with---just remember the 95% capability to the enemy's best---the other 5% would be covered by your pilot training and pilot's mind---.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom