What's new

JF-17B Model at display on IDEX2017 AVIC Stall

yes off course...goto j31 thread
fc-31v1-model-at-idex2017-jpg.378613

chek thunder is far behind in this pic
The model next to JF-17b in this image is K-8?

Found this model from Zhuhai and it seems as if indeed the tail was different already there .... but no-one noticed !??
The tail is different for a reason. the extended cockpit make the wind flow curve above the cabin retouch further down the jets length so it was better to make the tail more steep and extended back. This would make the tail lighter and extending it back would give the same maneuverability.

Rear cockpit is stepped up for better visibility and not like F16 at same level with repeater ;)

Rear cockpit is stepped up for better visibility and not like F16 at same level with repeater ;)

Know nothing about aeronautics. But, from the outset it looks sleek, simple and straightforward. We are believers in simplicity and straightforwardness, whereas Satan is all about complexity and convolution. KISS - keep it simple and stupid....

@Deino could u find pic with both models as both models have different tail design & it appear both are the model of JF-17
The one at Zhuhai and the one we saw a few days ago at IDEX BOTH have a similar slant tail as far as i can notice.

The one at Zhuhai and the one we saw a few days ago at IDEX BOTH have a similar slant tail as far as i can notice.

yes.... first we ignore it as mistake but Deino made a good point that a same mistake could not be repeat at two different occasions specially the first pic of Zuhai show two JF-17 (A & B) with two different Tail designs ...

Know nothing about aeronautics. But, from the outset it looks sleek, simple and straightforward. We are believers in simplicity and straightforwardness, whereas Satan is all about complexity and convolution. KISS - keep it simple and stupid....

All true things are simple.

A good design is also visibly beautiful. There is something in it which makes your ind say "yes, that's the way to go". I find JF-17 B has achieved it.

Back
Top Bottom