What's new

JF-17 Thunder – Lightning Strikes Twice

Status
Not open for further replies.
WS 10 or WS 15
WS10 will not fit into the JFT. Even though news are out about WS15 being tried, I remain sceptical about its use FOR THE MOMENT. It will take at least 5 more years for the product to mature and the manufacturers to iron out any teething problems. Do we really want to risk our platform on an untried engine.
A

WS10 will not fit into the JFT. Even though news are out about WS15 being tried, I remain sceptical about its use FOR THE MOMENT. It will take at least 5 more years for the product to mature and the manufacturers to iron out any teething problems. Do we really want to risk our platform on an untried engine.
A

Must be a typo ... surely not the WS-15, You surely meant the WS-19?!

Must be a typo ... surely not the WS-15, You surely meant the WS-19?!
Deino.
Thanks for the correction. There really are so many WSs coming out of the Chinese aviation industry , you cannot blame an old man for getting confused. However, correction is duly appreciated.
Regards
A

Last edited:
A
Maybe a little bit smaller version of it

Yes for sure and aeronautical designing is just like installing a new App on the mobile!

I cant believe the look on Engineers face when someone say, hey this Engines doesn't fit my jet, make it smaller ..:lol:

Last edited:
A
no we dont want to risk it.
the new engine should go through all the trials of time ,testing and modifications before it is found compatible to JF-17 platform

Damn me bro, So there is not a slightest chance

Simply: NO ... if you do a bit homework and look how many engine projects CHina had in the last decades - especially medium sized ones - and how few were actually successful, You would know that it is plain impossible to assume there would be simply a smaller - even slightly smaller - version of the WS-10 or even WS-15 available for the JF-17.

Simply forget it. Either they take the proven RD-93, a development of it or the - IMO still mysterious WS-13 - or they leave it.

Simply: NO ... if you do a bit homework and look how many engine projects CHina had in the last decades - especially medium sized ones - and how few were actually successful, You would know that it is plain impossible to assume there would be simply a smaller - even slightly smaller - version of the WS-10 or even WS-15 available for the JF-17.

Simply forget it. Either they take the proven RD-93, a development of it or the - IMO still mysterious WS-13 - or they leave it.

I will take the still mysterious WS-13 :-)

Thanks for clarifying, i will just take my word back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom