What's new

JF-17 to participate in ADEX-2016 exhibition in Azerbaijan.

Does the Chengdu FC-1 Flown by any other air force except PAF as of yet ?an actual airframe?
there were lot of rumours of argentina buying them when their PM cristina kirchner visited china where china gave them a almost 61 billion $ economic package but they got ousted by AESA equipped Kfir block 60 since then i haven't heard much on this except US more specifically pentagon expressed concerns regarding AESA radars being exported with fear of AESA tech getting in hands of chinese due to strong chinese economic presence in argentina also the british were unhappy with it you know the whole falklands angle aahhh well lets hope the deal gets finalized those Kfir block 60s are true value for money and can kick serious Butt.

Does the Chengdu FC-1 Flown by any other air force except PAF as of yet ?an actual airframe?
there were lot of rumours of argentina buying them when their PM cristina kirchner visited china where china gave them a almost 61 billion $ economic package but they got ousted by AESA equipped Kfir block 60 since then i haven't heard much on this except US more specifically pentagon expressed concerns regarding AESA radars being exported with fear of AESA tech getting in hands of chinese due to strong chinese economic presence in argentina also the british were unhappy with it you know the whole falklands angle aahhh well lets hope the deal gets finalized those Kfir block 60s are true value for money and can kick serious Butt.

Argentina subject is not in interested list though first possible nation would be Nigeria as the budget allocation is shown by them for JF-17 purchase then Myanmar possibly and so on. For details you can visit JF-17 threads.

Argentina subject is not in interested list though first possible nation would be Nigeria as the budget allocation is shown by them for JF-17 purchase then Myanmar possibly and so on. For details you can visit JF-17 threads.
So it is inactive service with Nigerian AF or Myanmar AF cause i did go through the Threads i didnt seem to find any information of the service or even a tentative time period when it will be with them any information or schedule regarding this is appreciable:D

Yes There is just one mistake done by The designers and planners of this JET..
And that worst mistake is RD-93.

If in large number can destroy massive fleets of jets....Even something like MKI..
any alternative engine sahab jee which cost less than 3 million, as you cant pay 5-6 million or 10 million for an engine in 16-18 million jet

So it is inactive service with Nigerian AF or Myanmar AF cause i did go through the Threads i didnt seem to find any information of the service or even a tentative time period when it will be with them any information or schedule regarding this is appreciable:D
As of yet No. It is on order for the Nigerian air force and possibly Myanamar AF. Deliveries are due to commence 2017.
A

As of yet No. It is on order for the Nigerian air force and possibly Myanamar AF. Deliveries are due to commence 2017.
A
so which block have they ordered and how many jets are actually in the deal some are saying 6 some are saying 8 can you please give me a run down of exactly how many jets were ordered and how many of them are trainer variants and which block will they be right now block 2 is undergoing final testing and integration. as far as i read

Last edited:
Has not offered for its TEJAS
Because not compatible with Linux ;) Baby just start learning flying Let it grow up ,Till she can lay some eggs :)

TEJAS program for next couple of years only fulfill domestic needs.Pak Azer Turkey are joining hands so this is another reason
.it looks like Jf17 and TEJAS are on an agreement to not participate in same air show.Comming Big Airshows will clear this picture.

so which block have they ordered and how many jets are actually in the deal some are saying 6 some are saying 8 can you please give me a run down of exactly how many jets were ordered and how many of them are trainer variants and which block will they be right now block 2 is undergoing final testing and integration. as far as i read
Deliveries will be block 2. The numbers remain undeclared officially for reasons which are unclear. However 12 and 16 for Myanmar and Nigeria have been reported respectively.
A

Quite poor translation really. :(
Still one can get the basic idea,
  1. JF17 will be participating in the show
  2. The Azerbaijan Air Force is interested in the plane
  3. There were reports that negotiations were going on
  4. they are worried either with Russian engine or Chinese radar
  5. It mentions the possibility of JF17 with Thales radar (cant see how)
Regards
Russians might object to the sale of RD-39 engine and Azeri might not like untested Chinese AESA Radar?.

It would be Block 2, still the actual numbers have not been officially made public. Training variant JF-17 B (twin seat) is under development hence all training is being carried out on simulators. Most probably the First JF-17B would be handed over to PAF for testing later this year or early next year.

i think all of us will have to wait for blk 3 ........... as it will be a real thing and bkl 1 and 2 are just here to fill the gap ...... although blk 2 also is a great package with its price and capabilities

.it looks like Jf17 and TEJAS are on an agreement to not participate in same air show.Comming Big Airshows will clear this picture
tejas will participate when it will actually start to fly .....:D

Back
Top Bottom