What's new

JF-17 Thunder variant may be popular among developing nations

If you ask me... The block one is toothless. It was fine to get to know hot to produce it and shape it into block 2. I mean, it did not even had intelligent weapons or BVR... Block 2 is a nice plane for a perfect price for many many nations. If you have cash, boycott, manipulation issues ... There you can buy a superb alternative.

I think PAC has production line capacity of making 15-20 JF 17 a year
so will this affect PAF fleet replacement ?? :what:

PAF chief said it before, They're matching the induction with the retirement rate of the current aircraft.
There are probably 20 thunder sitting somewhere in the corner of Kamra waiting for their turn to get a squadron badge. But they have to wait.
Considering block 2 production just started, it would take PAC at least a year to pump out squadron strength numbers (16-18). That basically means first Block 2 squadron would be inducted next year. And that also means another squadron will retire their F-7s.

why you people not admitting lca better than jft because it costs double (global truth)
So you are saying that the things that cost more are superior to those that cost less?

I think PAC has production line capacity of making 15-20 JF 17 a year
so will this affect PAF fleet replacement ?? :what:
It is 25 planes per year

I used to listen from last 4-5 years...........

But, When somebody going to purchase JF-17 ?????

Again start assuming.................. Pls don't

Lca project takes too long time. I think india. Adjust the develop targets several time s .and they want to integrate so mu ch high tech into a light planeand also the first indigenous plane .but india indigenorous aeroplane industy and develop team are not qualified to support. So they need to buy tech. Hardware from EU. Us. Ru. The cost is higher is normal

I used to listen from last 4-5 years...........

But, When somebody going to purchase JF-17 ?????

Again start assuming.................. Pls don't

Because we were not ready to take orders and the Block-1 was under weapons testing and integration.

Customers want latest avionics,IFR, new weapons and other features. Block-2 meets the export requirements.

JF-17 is bound to become an export success with Block-2 meeting the needs outlined to us by the potential customers, during negotiations.

Lca project takes too long time. I think india. Adjust the develop targets several time s .and they want to integrate so mu ch high tech into a light planeand also the first indigenous plane .but india indigenorous aeroplane industy and develop team are not qualified to support. So they need to buy tech. Hardware from EU. Us. Ru. The cost is higher is normal

Yes I fully agreed with you, There is always two option...

1. Induct first and try to improve further........... best example JF - 17 (PAK).

2. Try to make best than Induct :- LCA (IAF),

These is depend on country requirement. LCA got delayed due to fulfill IAf requirement and JF-17 entered before because PAK didn't ask best for our force. They just wanted fighter planes as soon as possible. Now, they are trying to improve..

If you ask me... The block one is toothless. It was fine to get to know hot to produce it and shape it into block 2. I mean, it did not even had intelligent weapons or BVR... Block 2 is a nice plane for a perfect price for many many nations. If you have cash, boycott, manipulation issues ... There you can buy a superb alternative.

Is BLK 1 toothless if BVR missiles can be integrated with F-7PGs than BLK 1 is miles ahead. Up till now all tests integration of various weapons/systems were on BLK 1 no?

The problem is marketing team, the problem is how to conduct business gone are the days you wait for customer now you take your product to customer not just in air shows but you visit them and offer them. Last the problem is not Pakistan delivering it, Chinese can do it where as Pakistan can work on its own inventory development without thinking of exports for now. Even though we know fulcrum is a gas guzzler with many other problems the russians are taking them to customers egyptians are already in talks with them so is iraq.

Congratulations !

I wish Bro PK will make more and more JF-17, not just for the airfore fleet , but build up your own aeroplane industry and your Team !
STICK TO TOPIC, no LCA debate here !!

If we really want to win some foreign contracts then we need put Chine's engine in alternative to RD-93 because JF-17 will compete with Russian planes and there we can have problem if Russians not allow to export there engine.... What's your take on this???

Or we will have to say to our buyers that we can integrate Chine's engine in future if we have problem in future...

Is BLK 1 toothless if BVR missiles can be integrated with F-7PGs than BLK 1 is miles ahead. Up till now all tests integration of various weapons/systems were on BLK 1 no?

The problem is marketing team, the problem is how to conduct business gone are the days you wait for customer now you take your product to customer not just in air shows but you visit them and offer them. Last the problem is not Pakistan delivering it, Chinese can do it where as Pakistan can work on its own inventory development without thinking of exports for now. Even though we know fulcrum is a gas guzzler with many other problems the russians are taking them to customers egyptians are already in talks with them so is iraq.

Yes we are just sitting like sales man in general store and expecting that some people will come and say give us dozen JF-17 and we will pack them... We need to be proactive

PAF chief said it before, They're matching the induction with the retirement rate of the current aircraft.
There are probably 20 thunder sitting somewhere in the corner of Kamra waiting for their turn to get a squadron badge. But they have to wait.
Considering block 2 production just started, it would take PAC at least a year to pump out squadron strength numbers (16-18). That basically means first Block 2 squadron would be inducted next year. And that also means another squadron will retire their F-7s.

22 Actually ;)

Back
Top Bottom