What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Are these the Drop tanks of JF-17? If so does it mean JF-17 made a emergency landing for unknown reasons?

Incorrect conclusions by Jana but these could be the JF tanks. The Mirage-IIIs tanks are similar but the scheme resembles those of JF.
Punching tanks lightens the aircraft so could be an emergency and isn’t some rare occurrence(should see the number scattered across US military training grounds) although most are picked up and like these will be end up recycled - at the end they are sheet aluminum gasbags and nothing more.
No evidence or otherwise of manufacturing issues for or against.

Another reason for punching tanks could be by mistake - that does happen with folks

Always encourage folks to actually look at airplanes.. or fly em like me. I accidentally pressed a bit of skin once on a warrior II I was taking up and lo and behold it went in. Thankfully, the instructor just pushed it back.

1652531500724.png

Always encourage folks to actually look at airplanes.. or fly em like me. I accidentally pressed a bit of skin once on a warrior II I was taking up and lo and behold it went in. Thankfully, the instructor just pushed it back.
:lol:

bourgeoisie naiveté? No, something similar, but distinct.

Back
Top Bottom