What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

I can’t imagine PAC has much input on engine thermal management.

aside from the list you’ve left, we’re forgetting the main function of the jf-17, it’s a cheap and capable little plane to defend our airspace. It’s very clear what the PAF wants from azm, and what that is, is not what the jf17 offers, rather, tfx, or to a lesser extent some fc31 variant.

yes. This is not the final iteration of the jf-17 IMO either, but it’s not what you think, rather,a variant with greater domestic content, not ‘LO’ features.

having a pointy nose does not make an aircraft ‘LO’. Jamd’s Answer kinda also answers this, it’s not as simple as pointy nose+ ram - stealthy, and it doesn’t need to be anyway.

Wrt your point of pac not having experience, yeah, that’s why they’re explicitly asking for a partner
Would TFX be able to conduct strikes deep into the enemy's territory?

Would TFX be able to conduct strikes deep into the enemy's territory?

I see no reason why it couldn’t. Large bays, SoW integration from the factory, long fuel range, realistic objectives with regards to performance and very capable sensors (based off of what TAI has told us)

Pakistan needs more interactions

Nigerian ambassador meets Air Chief

https://nation.com.pk/NewsSource/web-desk
September 02, 2021

Ambassador of Nigeria H.E. Mr. Mohammed Bello Abioye met Air Chief Marshal Zaheer Ahmed Baber Sidhu, Chief of the Air Staff, Pakistan Air Force in his office today.

I can’t imagine PAC has much input on engine thermal management.

You haven't understood what I said. I didn't say engine thermal management, I said inlet thermal management. Two different things.

aside from the list you’ve left, we’re forgetting the main function of the jf-17, it’s a cheap and capable little plane to defend our airspace. It’s very clear what the PAF wants from azm, and what that is, is not what the jf17 offers, rather, tfx, or to a lesser extent some fc31 variant.

It is a cheap and capable fighter today. Would it remain so with an AESA radar that can stand its own against the Rafale, an HMD/S that enables HOBS, and an uprated engine? Highly unlikely.

You are also ill-informed about the nature of technology development. The DSI was first tried on JF-17, and then found its way on J-10 and J-20. Does this make JF-17 a fifth gen fighter? No. Is it an LO feature? Yes. You are extremely confused in this regards.

yes. This is not the final iteration of the jf-17 IMO either, but it’s not what you think, rather,a variant with greater domestic content, not ‘LO’ features.

The emboldened part is just your personal opinion. There is already an LO feature on JF-17. There is no reason why there can't be more.

having a pointy nose does not make an aircraft ‘LO’. Jamd’s Answer kinda also answers this, it’s not as simple as pointy nose+ ram - stealthy, and it doesn’t need to be anyway.

Any design innovation that leads to reducing the radar/heat signature is an LO feature. An LO nose would reduce the frontal radar signature and give it the edge during the initial merge. This is one of the key design features of your competition: Rafale. It employs a combination of composites and design that reduces the frontal radar signature drastically. And as you should realize, the 'pointy nose' as you call it isn't the only way to realize an LO design.

Wrt your point of pac not having experience, yeah, that’s why they’re explicitly asking for a partner

And you assumed that looking for a partner means they want to wholesale import the design instead of researching their own.

You haven't understood what I said. I didn't say engine thermal management, I said inlet thermal management. Two different things.

It is a cheap and capable fighter today. Would it remain so with an AESA radar that can stand its own against the Rafale, an HMD/S that enables HOBS, and an uprated engine? Highly unlikely.

You are also ill-informed about the nature of technology development. The DSI was first tried on JF-17, and then found its way on J-10 and J-20. Does this make JF-17 a fifth gen fighter? No. Is it an LO feature? Yes. You are extremely confused in this regards.

The emboldened part is just your personal opinion. There is already an LO feature on JF-17. There is no reason why there can't be more.

Any design innovation that leads to reducing the radar/heat signature is an LO feature. An LO nose would reduce the frontal radar signature and give it the edge during the initial merge. This is one of the key design features of your competition: Rafale. It employs a combination of composites and design that reduces the frontal radar signature drastically. And as you should realize, the 'pointy nose' as you call it isn't the only way to realize an LO design.

And you assumed that looking for a partner means they want to wholesale import the design instead of researching their own.

I can’t really be bothered, however, while a dsi may contribute to a reduced radar cross section, that’s not the intention on the jf-17, rather, it’s simpler(mechanically) and easier on the pockets with regards to the maintenance.

Myanmar Air Force JF-17M Thunder carrying 2x PL-12 or SD-10A BVR missiles

1630608598605.png

First let the TFX to fly ... and then discuss if it will be exported and then if is is "able to conduct strikes deep into the enemy's territory"!

We can make guesses by available details shared in public. Merely waiting for a platform to fly and then we will discuss, will make this place dull and even abandoned. :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom