What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Additional power is for ew and radar system or does it change flight charactristict of fc-1

Hi,

If the bigger engine is heavier, it will change the flight characteristics.

If the bigger engine has more out put, the frame and the wings would be strengthened.

Just like in a car---you put a heavier engine---you have to upgrade the suspension---.

If it is amore powerful engine as well, then you add bigger brakes for better stopping power and wider performance rated tires for traction and handling.

Hi,

If the bigger engine is heavier, it will change the flight characteristics.

If the bigger engine has more out put, the frame and the wings would be strengthened.

Just like in a car---you put a heavier engine---you have to upgrade the suspension---.

If it is amore powerful engine as well, then you add bigger brakes for better stopping power and wider performance rated tires for traction and handling.
Hi, are there any advantages of the ws-13 engine ? Any comparisons between the latest ws-13 variant and rd-93MA ?

In my opinion jf17 with blk3 has or will peak it's performance. After that it will be just patch upgrades. And by end of the decade paf will moved on to 5.5 gen
Would be highly interesting if JF-17s are made into a loyal wingman like project for the 5th gen crafts. Maybe we could start with the F-7s we have ?

Well I am 2 years late but a Martin Baker ejection seats cost are not that high even 0-0 seats don't cost more than 200,000$.
I took the following excerpt from MB FAQ section:

Will they fit a 0-0 ejection seat in my sports car? I'd really like one in case I need to jettison. Just joking, you guys are getting too serious on ejection seats. Thought I'd lighten up the mood.

Would be highly interesting if JF-17s are made into a loyal wingman like project for the 5th gen crafts. Maybe we could start with the F-7s we have ?
F-7s are too short legged, 200 / 300 lb of more fuel ( in place of pilot and seat ) will still keep it short legged.

1629400275453.png

Hi, are there any advantages of the ws-13 engine ? Any comparisons between the latest ws-13 variant and rd-93MA ?

In addition to the question above, can anyone tell me if there are plans to introduce TW in JFT? Even a 2D TWC would help tremendously in going against the SU-30 and other aircraft with TVC. As long as you can turn the jet's nose with the other moving aircraft, you have higher chances of taking a close-air shot. After the merge, it takes much less for a TVC aircraft to turn than a non TVC aircraft.

In addition to the question above, can anyone tell me if there are plans to introduce TW in JFT? Even a 2D TWC would help tremendously in going against the SU-30 and other aircraft with TVC. As long as you can turn the jet's nose with the other moving aircraft, you have higher chances of taking a close-air shot. After the merge, it takes much less for a TVC aircraft to turn than a non TVC aircraft.
Please see performance parameters of current generation off boresight missiles such as Python-5 and Aim-9x. TVC is less and less relevant in those stages because the merge guarantees death for first shot. Here Pakistan lags severely behind and India has a generation or two lead with AA-11 on sukhoi, MICA on rafale, Python-5 on Tejas and even their flying locomotive trains the Jaguars carry ASRAAMs that can knock merging Pakistani interceptors down.

Please see performance parameters of current generation off boresight missiles such as Python-5 and Aim-9x. TVC is less and less relevant in those stages because the merge guarantees death for first shot. Here Pakistan lags severely behind and India has a generation or two lead with AA-11 on sukhoi, MICA on rafale, Python-5 on Tejas and even their flying locomotive trains the Jaguars carry ASRAAMs that can knock merging Pakistani interceptors down.

I am well aware of HOBS Missiles. But the post was relevant to the JFT as I don't think it has HOBS right now. TVC has it's place and used correctly, no matter who the opposing jet is, you can always keep it within your HMS or by pointing your nose to it.

I agree with you on India. Here's the latest from them:

So what use would they be ? Could their engines be salvaged for some other project ?
Like use in a Stealth Drone ? does PAC or any other entity ( PWC ( name ? ) or something similar ) has any project similar to Sharp Sword ?

Back
Top Bottom