What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Not yet. Sorry. :)

Completely understand bro! :)
Yaha baal sufaid hu gaye dhoond dhoond kar. Kuch maps sambhal kar rakhay hain ham ne bhi.

I will say not at all. Whether confidential or anyone told for personal interest, nothing as such should come to light unless Official release.

Oh... That visit to unknown boys HQ at first, on 27th Feb.

I agree. :)

Oh - 2019 seems like a long time. I cant share this kind of information - because of our developing relationship with Russia - but i believe it was shared with the russian ambassador in Isl. An Su30 was shot down and i have the precise co-ordinates of impact on ground.
I have been too busy elsewhere. i have no idea as to what is going on these days. Many new faces and most i dont even know.

Hi,

A lot has changed and not much has changed.

About time that the PAF acknowledged the secrecy to a project is important.

1626643428804.png

what is the utility of these underside wings? will someone with experience and expertise in the field of aeronautics throw some light upon these little wings under the back of the fuselage? what are these called in technical terms? does any other aircraft have something similar?
thanks.

Attachments

• jf-17-thunder-block-iii-2.jpg
    jf-17-thunder-block-iii-2.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 45
what is the utility of these underside wings? will someone with experience and expertise in the field of aeronautics throw some light upon these little wings under the back of the fuselage? what are these called in technical terms? does any other aircraft have something similar?
thanks.

called ventral fins - also seen on F-16s.

Anhedral ventral fins provide directional stability when the vertical stabilizer is masked during high angle-of-attack maneuvering.

thanks.

@SQ8 answered pretty well. F-16, Su-27 and other aircraft of the flanker series, and the J-10 also employ ventral strakes.

Very precise answer. Be more broad and keep the language easy for general population.

To make it simple - side force caused by sidestep angle [ angle formed by main airflow along the longitudinal axis of body and vertical dorsal stabiliser ] create torque moments about the CoG - which creates directional instability. Ventral fins is one mechanism to counter directional instability.

called ventral fins - also seen on F-16s.

Anhedral ventral fins provide directional stability when the vertical stabilizer is masked during high angle-of-attack maneuvering.

Back
Top Bottom