What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

The Mirage one is better since the pilot spends less time looking down the nose of the aircraft during BFM or target runs plus if you notice the stem of the IFR is slimmest from the pilots perspective in the Mirage cockpit . The JF-17 arrangement blocks the pilot vision from 2 o' clock -4 o' clock since the broadest part of the IFR is level with the pilots eye line. It will be interesting to get feedback on this from your friends at PAF.

you are right that thing is Massive and catches the eye frequently.
Only the privileged like this JF-17 Jockey can enjoy such a Sunset.

View attachment 676048
Thats a F-5

This makes me happy
IMG_0272.jpg

please do explain
DAXSAB it is the DTC - data cartridge that I made but when I loaded the cartridge my name came up thus it made me happy.

The DTC was for a customized counter measure program and the program computes the counter measures to be released there are up to 4 customizable program for sequencing chaff and flare and/or chaff+flares.

other than EFTs, is there enough space for the fuels.. uhmm like when i see JFT17 its wings looks so tiny. :D

I was just stating for fighter aircraft in general. For small fighters like the Jf-17 there is limited internal fuel capacity, hence the need to carry external fuel tanks for range.

So, bit of a news.. PAF is now testing rocket boosted REK kits (FT-12), for JF-17 program. That'd push the range of their 500KG munition to 150KM or more.
1603119698760.jpeg

IDEX 2017: China's FT-12 glide bomb gets rocket booster
Richard D Fisher Jr, Abu Dhabi - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly
23 February 2017
The ALIT official said this is the more accurate of the two images of the FT-12 used on the promotional leaflet for the weapon. Source: ALIT

China's rocket-boosted precision-guided glide bomb, the Fei Teng FT-12, was revealed at the IDEX show in Abu Dhabi by China Aerospace Long-March International Trade Co, Ltd (ALIT), the marketing arm of the China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation (CASC).

While the existence of an FT-12 glide bomb has been previously reported, this is the first time that it has been clearly stated that it is rocket-boosted.

An ALIT official told Jane's at IDEX said this latest FT-12 variant was completed about one year ago and that a "Chinese customer" has only purchased a small quantity.

Looking to add value to their precision-guided bomb series, designers from the China Academy of Launch Technology added a "5-10 kg" rocket motor to the FT-12, according to an ALIT official.

An ALIT brochure states that a release velocity of 600-1,000 km/h, which gives the 700 kg FT-12 a maximum range of 150 km. This figure, however, would depend on the size of the rocket booster and launch altitude.

ALIT states that the FT-12 can attack fixed targets with a circular error probability (CEP) of 20 m using a GPS/INS guidance system.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom