What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Jf17 has fuel limiting issues ..would be interesting to see if CFTs are feasible to get rid of the two fuel tanks it has to use.
Some say block 3 will have refined version of rd 93 and more fuel but that isnt confirmed

18mZXCz.jpg

LSo5JEQ.jpg

very big bomb and where is the video for this tour can you please post a link?

No, not possible due to costs, resources and time for development vs benefit. In addition, the aircraft doesn't have a powerful enough engine, which would be needed given that such a change will increase the weight.

What we can do is build an Azm which has that kind of engine if PAF so chose.
Everyone says the engine isnt powerful enough. Can you tell me why the engine isnt good enough?

Last edited:
Pardon to say so; indeed a naive question. Technically doable but it would result in a de facto new aircraft and as such much to expensive for thee PAF alone. Also the question remains, what type of powerplant will then be used since even an uprated RD-93MA - which is still not confirmed even for the Block 3 - would be too week for such a dramatically larger and heaver plane ... and even further any new different engine would result in even more changes away from the regular JF-17.

As such technically surely doable but at what cost? and who shall pay for it? ... surely not China since it would be a waste of resources.
Though still cheaper than buying a western plateform..
Rd93ma/ws 13 might do(seeing f16xl has the same engine)..but we dont know if rd93ma is available ..

Still wont happen as we barely have money to run the thunders and would probably just stick to it.

There isnt money for small things like research in CFTs /multiple racks etc

For some reason I always felt the JF-17 would look immensely more lethal with twin engines and twin tailfins similar to the design of the F-18 super hornet.

Block 3 with all the changes under the skin including strengthening and rewiring etc.. is it possible that we may see slightly bigger landing gear... something like 2 feet bigger landing gear can make a clearing difference required for carrying some arsenal including a multi-launcher which is a bit vertical than horizontal. any comments?

Block 3 with all the changes under the skin including strengthening and rewiring etc.. is it possible that we may see slightly bigger landing gear... something like 2 feet bigger landing gear can make a clearing difference required for carrying some arsenal including a multi-launcher which is a bit vertical than horizontal. any comments?
I heard that there was some ground clearance issues for some ammunition but works are expected to be done in BLK3 to counter all these issues with ease. I'm a little confused by bigger landing gear. You must have meant taller don't you? As far as multi launcher is concerned we have seen JF-17 carrying multiple launcher for bombs as well as missile. The thing here is that PAF didn't operationalize them so we don't we them ever. There is only one or two pictures of them known to me.

always increasing the weapons spectrum of the JF17

this is true meaning of home build fighter we can add and take off items as we wish
I would say it's half truth. Depends on the weapon's provider as well.
For example, we can't integrate AIM-C5 with JF-17s.

I heard that there was some ground clearance issues for some ammunition but works are expected to be done in BLK3 to counter all these issues with ease. I'm a little confused by bigger landing gear. You must have meant taller don't you? As far as multi launcher is concerned we have seen JF-17 carrying multiple launcher for bombs as well as missile. The thing here is that PAF didn't operationalize them so we don't we them ever. There is only one or two pictures of them known to me.
ive never seen a thunder carry missiles on a rack, mind sharing a photo?

Making the landing gear taller by a bit opens up lots of opportunities..
Bigger weapons, multi launchers and even mirage style ext fuel tanks with arsenal attached to the tanks. I hope tht they would have given it a thought.

ive never seen a thunder carry missiles on a rack, mind sharing a photo?
Would love to. But unfortunately I donot have access to my laptop. Would send you as soon as I get access to it.

Making the landing gear taller by a bit opens up lots of opportunities..
Bigger weapons, multi launchers and even mirage style ext fuel tanks with arsenal attached to the tanks. I hope tht they would have given it a thought.
Yup i understand it. Some sources says that it's been reworked. Making it a bit taller and stronger.

Back
Top Bottom