What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

JF-17 is made up of metal and tejas is made up of carbon composite so who has stealth quality
Pakistani JF-17 THUNDER VS INDIAN TEJAS . TRUE COMPARISON.
ALL PRO AND CONES
Right! One flies and is actually inducted with new blocks on the horizon while the other still flies on a trailer. That would be a true comparison. By the lose the caps. We heard you the first time.

So how many JF-17s are planned till now? I think PAF isn't looking to add no more than 150 of them. And I think the over fleet might reduce from 450 to 300???

JF-17_3view.jpg

Right! One flies and is actually inducted with new blocks on the horizon while the other still flies on a trailer. That would be a true comparison. By the lose the caps. We heard you the first time.
i am new here well in from 2018 we will have 10 tejas per year. it just matter of time.

One very simple and nob question from all,
We are putting worlds most expensive eqm (avionics , radar , EW suits etc) on a Bird which have a short body or which we want to make as Cheap and cost effective ,
Where will be the benefit of cheap and cost effective after that expensive upgrade , Especially when This bird have a short legs ..................
Dear members, In current airframe we need hard points for targeting pods and some other stuff (Important) and it acutely need minimum 2 Full Tanks to do some area covering all the time.
So Y cant we use Block 1 , 2 as LIFT , and heavily upgrade the airframe of our Beauty and use more campsite materials and Bring it near F16 Block 60 , Which this Bird Spouse to be ,(Block 3 or 4 but up-coming one)............................
We have a great Blessing in shape of JF17 , I hope and Pray our Boys don't destroy it.
Thank u all

@MastanKhan , @Quwa , @Bilal Khan (Quwa) , @Windjammer

We are putting worlds most expensive eqm (avionics , radar , EW suits etc) on a Bird which have a short body or which we want to make as Cheap and cost effective ,
Where will be the benefit of cheap and cost effective after that expensive upgrade , Especially when This bird have a short legs ..................
Dear members, In current airframe we need hard points for targeting pods and some other stuff (Important) and it acutely need minimum 2 Full Tanks to do some area covering all the time.
So Y cant we use Block 1 , 2 as LIFT , and heavily upgrade the airframe of our Beauty and use more campsite materials and Bring it near F16 Block 60 , Which this Bird Spouse to be ,(Block 3 or 4 but up-coming one)............................
We have a great Blessing in shape of JF17 , I hope and Pray our Boys don't destroy it.
Thank u all

With the Block-I, II and III, I wouldn't worry about the cost of the individual sub-systems but the cost of the complete package. One of the advantages of having a cheap airframe is the vertical space it affords us in fitting it with modern subsystems, especially in terms of radar and EW/ECM. In other words, we could outfit it with expensive subsystems, but still come up with an affordable package. In turn, we have a fighter that can defend itself (via EW/ECM) and have a shot at inflicting a loss on the enemy.

Thank u all

Hi,

What you are mentioning is what I have mentioned and talked about many a times---. Make it 20---25% larger---.

Do you know that you can buy an inexpensive off the shelf .308 bolt action rifle here in the U S for around 500 dollars---put a good quality expensive scope on it and with a proper round---you can make a 800---1000 yards shot---.

This was unheard of 10-15 years ago.

So---an inexpensive frame is a perfect solution when you can add high quality EW suite and weapons to it---.

You did not make the aircraft cheap in the first place to install cheap EW suite and cheap weapons to begin with.

The plan from day one was to build and inexpensive aircraft and get the most advanced package available for it---.

The quality and price of the EW suite and weapons were never in question and the option of " cheap package " was never a choice from day one.

Guys, It is official: work has started on next generation stealth JF-17(or JF-17 with stealth features)

131536iim89zbp7c37c8nz.jpg

:enjoy::tup:

You mean MoU between China and Pakistan to develop stealthy (not stealth) JFT version is now materializing?

Hi,

What you are mentioning is what I have mentioned and talked about many a times---. Make it 20---25% larger---.

Do you know that you can buy an inexpensive off the shelf .308 bolt action rifle here in the U S for around 500 dollars---put a good quality expensive scope on it and with a proper round---you can make a 800---1000 yards shot---.

This was unheard of 10-15 years ago.

So---an inexpensive frame is a perfect solution when you can add high quality EW suite and weapons to it---.

You did not make the aircraft cheap in the first place to install cheap EW suite and cheap weapons to begin with.

The plan from day one was to build and inexpensive aircraft and get the most advanced package available for it---.

The quality and price of the EW suite and weapons were never in question and the option of " cheap package " was never a choice from day one.

Air Frame life will be extended in future blocks making it stronger and lighter. One option which PAF explored was to have mix of hi-lo JFTs in NCW environment and mixing them within squadron making PAF strong and a big surprise for enemy.

So if this version is developed then PAF is taking that path till 5th gen high end jet is available.

There will not be any change in design in the foreseeable future. Design phase DPI was frozen long ago. It is much more feasible to design a new jet instead. DPE and DPI are engineering intensive exercises. These news items should only be accepted when officially declared.

There will not be any change in design in the foreseeable future. Design phase DPI was frozen long ago. It is much more feasible to design a new jet instead. DPE and DPI are engineering intensive exercises. These news items should only be accepted when officially declared.

Hi,

I would say that the design is frozen for another 10 years at least---or possibly the life of the aircraft. Longevity creates stability and familiarity with the product---resulting in better operational capabilities and lower costs.

Hi,

I would say that the design is frozen for another 10 years at least---or possibly the life of the aircraft. Longevity creates stability and familiarity with the product---resulting in better operational capabilities and lower costs.

Dear MK,

First and far most, my sincere condolences for the loss of your dear brother. May you all and his ow family find strength and peace. Bless him.

Regarding temporal matters...did you notice something?

JF17 will keep going through improvements throughout the life cycle of fighter. Say 30 years... nothing surprising there.

What esacped...the most.. is the subtle announcement of JF18 aka NGF... all this stealthifying stuff is smokescreen.
After all your airforce would be needing to retire those venerable 16s one day. How many 16s Turkey has?

Looks like size increase is happening along with some design changes...you can say a new aircraft.

Shall we give it half a decade to emerge?

PAC will build it locally... JF17 will finance it. Mark my words!

Pure Stealth Aircraft is about 10yrs down the road with full induction.

Over to you to throw a curve ball.

Regards,

SPF

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom