What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

D&CM (design &concept modification) studies are all-together new projects and are rare in AS Engr. D&CM studies are usually emplyed as concept evolving studies. Even small changes are expensive. A leap from one block to another is infact a new aircraft. Single most important factor in FGF devel. is the availability of the fab-tech backbone. Pakistan is still a long way off but can work its way with chinese collaboration. Regarding FGF, to counter recent indian acquisitions, initial studies are in progress.

Hi,

I would say that the design is frozen for another 10 years at least---or possibly the life of the aircraft. Longevity creates stability and familiarity with the product---resulting in better operational capabilities and lower costs.

1479527805304.jpg
1479527818856.jpg
Look closely the location of the IFR has changed

Last edited:
D&CM (design &concept modification) studies are all-together new projects and are rare in AS Engr. D&CM studies are usually emplyed as concept evolving studies. Even small changes are expensive. A leap from one block to another is infact a new aircraft. Single most important factor in FGF devel. is the availability of the fab-tech backbone. Pakistan is still a long way off but can work its way with chinese collaboration. Regarding FGF, to counter recent indian acquisitions, initial studies are in progress.

Hi,

It is the same--but not he same---. Just like in our car models---. The name stays the same---but the inside---the frame---engine etc have changed---but the feel & the utility is the same---.

But thank you for saying so much and not saying anything.

Dear MK,

First and far most, my sincere condolences for the loss of your dear brother. May you all and his ow family find strength and peace. Bless him.

Regarding temporal matters...did you notice something?

JF17 will keep going through improvements throughout the life cycle of fighter. Say 30 years... nothing surprising there.

What esacped...the most.. is the subtle announcement of JF18 aka NGF... all this stealthifying stuff is smokescreen.
After all your airforce would be needing to retire those venerable 16s one day. How many 16s Turkey has?

Looks like size increase is happening along with some design changes...you can say a new aircraft.

Shall we give it half a decade to emerge?

PAC will build it locally... JF17 will finance it. Mark my words!

Pure Stealth Aircraft is about 10yrs down the road with full induction.

Over to you to throw a curve ball.

Regards,

SPF

Hi,

Thank you for the kind words----.

Our colleague @messiach has stated nothing but said a lot.

The 5th gen is a long ways away---the problem is about the NOW PROBLEM---. Pakistani military lost another battle with the enemy---when it let the enemy sub get away due to its military weakness.

This was the best time to avenge for the Atlantique disaster---. With no air force----and no allies to back it---pakistan's military had to back out.

Nations prepare for battle for what they have procured 5 and 10 years ago---. Pakistanis prepare for war with what they are going to get 10 years from now---.

Hi,

It is the same--but not he same---. Just like in our car models---. The name stays the same---but the inside---the frame---engine etc have changed---but the feel & the utility is the same---.

Hi,

The 5th gen is a long ways away---the problem is about the NOW PROBLEM---. Pakistani military lost another battle with the enemy---when it let the enemy sub get away due to its military weakness.

This was the best time to avenge for the Atlantique disaster---. With no air force----and no allies to back it---pakistan's military had to back out.

Nations prepare for battle for what they have procured 5 and 10 years ago---. Pakistanis prepare for war with what they are going to get 10 years from now---.

Sir, the IA has faced heavy losses during border skirmishes during last 5 to 6 months. There death toll is more than double. If the sub was near or have entered international waters then it was not wise to attack it. Further PN ASW assets are much modern and they have full capacity to locate and destroy enemy subs.

The only grey area in navy is lack of proper Medium/high altitude air defense. When Antlantique incident happened at that time PA and IA were on verge of war now situation id different as though there are mild chances of limited skirmishes on LOC , no chance of full fledged war.

PN or military lost no war they have forwarded a strong message to enemy in last few days.

The whole escalation and hostilities are due to Moodí's false promises with radicals during last elections to take revenge from Pak of Kargil. Now Moodi is has lost his credibility and political image. The radicals are pushing him to fulfill his past claims. Even Indian Military is not on same page with Moodi.

On the other hand in Pak the Mr NS attitude and absence of proper foreign minister are big question marks.

View attachment 353457 View attachment 353458 Look closely the location of the IFR has changed

I think this has been known for a while on this forum. The one below is the south african IFR, which was the first prototype for IFR. But later PAF ended up picking a Chinese IFR, which is what we see on a/c 229; I think 229 means block 2 #29 and matches with what PAF officials mentioned about when IFR would start to appear on JF17s, in an interview with a defence magazine ( AFM or Comabt AC?).

Regards

Location and type of IFR.

Sir, IMO, first picture of JF-17 229 is approved design as the second picture is of JF-17 109 which was installed with SA IFR Prob back then and picture is almost from 2013 I think but was not finalized. The installed IFR Prob shown on the bird 229 would be carried on as final.

@fatman17

JF-17 109 with SA IFR.jpg

Dear MK,

First and far most, my sincere condolences for the loss of your dear brother. May you all and his ow family find strength and peace. Bless him.

Regarding temporal matters...did you notice something?

JF17 will keep going through improvements throughout the life cycle of fighter. Say 30 years... nothing surprising there.

What esacped...the most.. is the subtle announcement of JF18 aka NGF... all this stealthifying stuff is smokescreen.
After all your airforce would be needing to retire those venerable 16s one day. How many 16s Turkey has?

Looks like size increase is happening along with some design changes...you can say a new aircraft.

Shall we give it half a decade to emerge?

PAC will build it locally... JF17 will finance it. Mark my words!

Pure Stealth Aircraft is about 10yrs down the road with full induction.

Over to you to throw a curve ball.

Regards,

SPF
Dear SPF
Allow me to disagree with you. What you are suggesting requires a research infrastructure the size of the Chinese aviation industry. PAF does not have the resources. If a need for a mid sized single engined aircraft would be felt it would be a lot cheaper to induct the later iterations of J10. I gather a newer updated version with CFTs and other goodies is on the cards.
I suspect the next product out of PAC would be a stealth fighter either a single engined one (unlikely) or a twin engined one with local assembly and partial manufacturing and possibly joint sales.
My own assessment is that the current manpower does not allow a new 4th generation fighter out of PAC even if the target of 200units sale is achieved. It will however poach a design probably from the Chinese for local manufacturing of the next generation fighter.
A

Hi,

Hi,

If my understanding is correct the sub was detected in international waters 40 miles from Karachi. Destroying enemy platform without provocation in international water is an act of aggression. It could not have been justified especially in the current climate.
The most important aspect which people have missed out on is the fact that inspite of the Arabian sea being a difficult environment to detect sub surface platform it was detected and we ensured they surfaced as the sub had exhaustex its battery life and they knew they had been detected. They were pushed back and I think a firm meesage has been sent across. It is strategically an equally important victory which should not be downgraded.
A

Dear SPF
Allow me to disagree with you. What you are suggesting requires a research infrastructure the size of the Chinese aviation industry. PAF does not have the resources. If a need for a mid sized single engined aircraft would be felt it would be a lot cheaper to induct the later iterations of J10. I gather a newer updated version with CFTs and other goodies is on the cards.
I suspect the next product out of PAC would be a stealth fighter either a single engined one (unlikely) or a twin engined one with local assembly and partial manufacturing and possibly joint sales.
My own assessment is that the current manpower does not allow a new 4th generation fighter out of PAC even if the target of 200units sale is achieved. It will however poach a design probably from the Chinese for local manufacturing of the next generation fighter.
A

If my understanding is correct the sub was detected in international waters 40 miles from Karachi. Destroying enemy platform without provocation in international water is an act of aggression. It could not have been justified especially in the current climate.
The most important aspect which people have missed out on is the fact that inspite of the Arabian sea being a difficult environment to detect sub surface platform it was detected and we ensured they surfaced as the sub had exhaustex its battery life and they knew they had been detected. They were pushed back and I think a firm meesage has been sent across. It is strategically an equally important victory which should not be downgraded.
A

Dear Araz,

I am not oblivious to the facts you highlight...however, voices in the wilderness are necessary sometimes.

What I, as nobody, would like to see is that PAC becomes the sole producer of PAF needs. It is part of overall comprehensive national power.

My friend, remember the eating grass business? I just wish to see the same zeal for the overall comprehesive national power that your great country needs.

I do agree that J10 is/will be the replacement for 16s... but why waste money...when you can locally build 200 NGFs?

Do enjoy my respect for you total sense of practicality... I just want to inject imagination and looking at the Heavens...

Together, these two perspective can pull PAC to greater heights...

The winter is coming!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom