What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

cant match IAF in quantity, But till 2005, PAF always enjoyed quality edge over all IAF jets, as till 2005, F-16 was our main fighter jet, and Mig 29 for India. All knows F16 much better than Mig29.
But now Indian enjoyed advantage in both quality and quantity, which is not good for Pakistan
Yes we had quality but we had only 32 F16 block 15 without BVR capability (Sparrows were given but our f16 were never hardwired to fire them)..... IAF got that with Mig 23 in 80's..... plus Su27-30 started coming in plus they had mirages.....
what i believe is that PAF has done a commendable job in last 15 years to bridge the gap and improve..... i wont say we edge over IAF but we have parity with them now...... probably a 5th gen might give us an edge

Whatever the truth, it's making the news again.

I dont think we will get block 70's and that to with FMF or FMS...... US will always offer commercial channels

yes but JF-17 went as cover fighter for Mirage, all the ground bombing was done by Mirage
that's both correct AND incorrect. There were SD-10/PL-9 armed JF17s providing air cover AND there were PL-9/LS-6 armed JF17s that also did bombing runs. The Thunders providing air cover were providing air cover to both the Mirages & Thunders on the bombing runs.

Yes we had quality but we had only 32 F16 block 15 without BVR capability (Sparrows were given but our f16 were never hardwired to fire them)..... IAF got that with Mig 23 in 80's..... plus Su27-30 started coming in plus they had mirages.....
what i believe is that PAF has done a commendable job in last 15 years to bridge the gap and improve..... i wont say we edge over IAF but we have parity with them now...... probably a 5th gen might give us an edge

I dont think we will get block 70's and that to with FMF or FMS...... US will always offer commercial channels
But our F-16 still able to shoot at least 2 mig-23 during Afghan War. and Remember they were Russain original Mig-23 rather than export version of Mig23 which india had. F16 was the best fighter which south Asia had until 2005

My guess is this 24 Block-70/72 to PAF is a US ploy to woo India in purchasing these jets in MRCA 2.0 if Delhi does not want Uncle Sam to provide these jets to PAF. A classic pressure tactic and nothing more! This also explains why PAF is mum about this and is keenly focus on Block-III.

but the problem is that Mirage 3 and 5 have totally different role than JF-17, Even after 5 decade, Mirage can carry 4 times more pay load and with excellent speed. On the other hand PAF still purchasing old Mirage jets which show JF-17 cant replace them.
It is true that M3/5 Role in PAF is different however it does not mean that M3/5s are better than JFT. Your contention that M3/5s can carry 4 times more payload is incorrect.
In Modern day ACs speed does not matter as there are other factors to consider. F35 speed is 1.6 mach as well. Besides you cannot outrun/out maneouvre a modern day missile in its NEZ. So there are a lot more factors in assigning certain roles to certain ACs.
JFT for PAF is a crossroad of mammoth proportion. You would be very neglectful to underestimate the impact of this aircraft on pak Aviation industry and air force.
A

Last edited:
cant match IAF in quantity, But till 2005, PAF always enjoyed quality edge over all IAF jets, as till 2005, F-16 was our main fighter jet, and Mig 29 for India. All knows F16 much better than Mig29.
But now Indian enjoyed advantage in both quality and quantity, which is not good for Pakistan
Really
F6 was inferior to
but the problem is that Mirage 3 and 5 have totally different role than JF-17, Even after 5 decade, Mirage can carry 4 times more pay load and with excellent speed. On the other hand PAF still purchasing old Mirage jets which show JF-17 cant replace them.
so mirages can carry 16 tones ammunition
Wow news for me..where is that mirage
The mirage V we know carries more or less same as jf17

Really
F6 was inferior to

so mirages can carry 16 tones ammunition
Wow news for me..where is that mirage
The mirage V we know carries more or less same as jf17
well as ground attack fighter Mirage 3 can carry 4000 KG bombs, where as JF-17 main weaponry consists of Air to Air and Anti ship missiles , and the weight of ground attack weapons which JF-17 can carry are normally 250-500 KG for each hard point.

well as ground attack fighter Mirage 3 can carry 4000 KG bombs, where as JF-17 main weaponry consists of Air to Air and Anti ship missiles , and the weight of ground attack weapons which JF-17 can carry are normally 250-500 KG for each hard point.

Stop wasting people's time with off-topic postings with incorrect information. Go to air force questions thread.

off-course jf-17 is capable, but for proper and effective ground attack, its payload capacity is very small,
I think we are forgetting. It's our first fighter. Not indigenous and with each block mots getting better. We are running buts let's warm up before sprinting please. PAF pilots are happy with it so relax

75246769_2670096123028729_3513886510644461568_n.jpg

Block 3 is the future nothing on f-16 front unless someone else pays the bill or comes free perhaps just support existing fleet and extending life past 8000 hours which is not going to happen in near future [emoji6]

Block 3 is the future nothing on f-16 front unless someone else pays the bill or comes free perhaps just support existing fleet and extending life past 8000 hours which is not going to happen in near future [emoji6]
Yemen war was golden opportunity, but Pakistan mis the bus

Back
Top Bottom