What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

The smoke is enhanced due to color correction and other filters applied during editing of the actual picture.
This much smoke is only possible if the airplane runs on diesel
You mean maulana Diesel?
A

Image resolution and zoom in, is too high hence, more dark smoke is visible. Might be one of those few without recent tweaks (awaiting in line to be done by an overhaul) showing smoke but still, doesn't matter much while mostly we see Thunders having clean flight without any smoke trail.

Please give some room for a known fact of RD93 smoke trail while accelerating/pushing throttle with AB.
No Honestly I asked the question as I thought the issue had been resolved with change in fuel mixture and newer LPT installed. If not this might be an old Block 1 awaiting changes. Just inquisitive rather than critical. Thanks to one and all for explaining the high resolution picture on the camera which I did not know about.
A

Would it even matter how much smoke comes out of engine since technology such as IRST is taking over visual sight?

Would it even matter how much smoke comes out of engine since technology such as IRST is taking over visual sight?
No it wouldnt. IRST would see the aircraft regardless of the smoke. As the jet travels through the air, its skin gets hot due to friction and the IRST would see what.

Last edited:
Vortices and what else.!!

75241268_3140010849358633_3565302453203107840_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom