What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

In these images you can see Pakistani JF-17 fighters carrying live rounds of PL-12/SD-10 Alpha BVR Missiles. So no, they're not waiting for BVR capability. They're flying daily with these missiles. @sebastienroblin

EDWwGYgX4AMdZNh.jpg

EDWwH4wXkAAGw5I.jpg

Any news about klj7a radar's tr module type i.e are they GaA based or GaN?

And block iiis engin same Rd 93?

And is there any news about its jhmcs if any?

is built in irst part of block iii package?

@MastanKhan @Windjammer @Oscar

@FuturePAF @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Zarvan
Sir I have found on this forum that most of experts even either don't have correct info or they try to conceal sensitive details so after editing one may get such info i.e PAF has selected Russian engine (not type), the Chinese Radar selected ( which one you may not get the name till first Block III ). I wrote in near past on AK thread inquired about APS at which credible members denied any APS installation on AK. However it is quoted on net that soft kill APS is installed on Pak T80UD and AK. Even one member was declared Indian agent for asking similar question).
The crux of discussion is you shall not get what you want at least in case of Pak defense products.

Sir I have found on this forum that most of experts even either don't have correct info or they try to conceal sensitive details so after editing one may get such info i.e PAF has selected Russian engine (not type), the Chinese Radar selected ( which one you may not get the name till first Block III ). I wrote in near past on AK thread inquired about APS at which credible members denied any APS installation on AK. However it is quoted on net that soft kill APS is installed on Pak T80UD and AK. Even one member was declared Indian agent for asking similar question).
The crux of discussion is you shall not get what you want at least in case of Pak defense products.
Seriously they will think I am a spy just by asking these type of questions/ information which international aircraft Any news about klj7a radar's tr module type i.e are they GaA based or GaN?

People used to ask such questions on this
Forum they are general quarries which companies like lockheed martin sukhoi etc proudly display on their websites.
what's there to spy on.

Seriously they will think I am a spy just by asking these type of questions/ information which international aircraft Any news about klj7a radar's tr module type i.e are they GaA based or GaN?

Forum they are general quarries which companies like lockheed martin sukhoi etc proudly display on their websites.
what's there to spy on.

I have just quoted the limited thinking as a layman like me after studying so much details can guess that their is some sort of APS available on at least AK, yet pros here are denying it. Such info is not of sensitive nature just like AIM 120C if can target a jet at length of 120 Km away then suppose than suppose it's max range is quoted at 100 KM or 100KM+ is not a sensitive info.

It is known as calculated information control. A slip of the tongue online can have repercussions later.
Better to feign ignorance, or even if accurate information is released that gives a clearer insight into capabilities, the idea is to downplay it.

The same way the ex-PAF personnel claimed it was JF-17 that scored a kill initially to downplay the usage of the AMRAAM.

In Pakistan it's funny that in most of documentaries made on JF17 just include major theoretical detail and repetitions like, it is made by us with JV, by the grace of Allah it is a capable jet, it has radar on front, it has capability of A2A and A2G, it can compete with any jet etc. The real issues are not discussed which are quoted many times.

It is known as calculated information control. A slip of the tongue online can have repercussions later.
Better to feign ignorance, or even if accurate information is released that gives a clearer insight into capabilities, the idea is to downplay it.

The same way the ex-PAF personnel claimed it was JF-17 that scored a kill initially to downplay the usage of the AMRAAM.

Sir any one having knowledge or interest in military issues can easily judge the real picture however one may assume that still there is much gap between military and civilians in Pakistan result is our nation is still under prepared for war, meanwhile due to comprehensive programs like NCC in in India our adversaries are preparing in much planned way.

Though sensitive info should be kept secret but it's better to show off something for confidence of nation. When I was studying in PU in1999-2000 the Uni was open for all, people could clearly observe students and teachers there along with lush green lawns, whole atmosphere was so charming. Now you can observe a walled Uni where perhaps you should have to be screen out thoroughly before visiting any deptt. Recently I went to examination center of PU for a professional exam there were at least 5-6 armed Uni guards along with three to four Policemen there, even not allowing to use wash rooms before time situated outside the examination hall. Same is case with QAU and other Unis. How the hell we shall bring our nation forward.

In Pakistan it's funny that in most of documentaries made on JF17 just include major theoretical detail and repetitions like, it is made by us with JV, by the grace of Allah it is a capable jet, it has radar on front, it has capability of A2A and A2G, it can compete with any jet etc. The real issues are not discussed which are quoted many times.

Sir any one having knowledge or interest in military issues can easily judge the real picture however one may assume that still there is much gap between military and civilians in Pakistan result is our nation is still under prepared for war, meanwhile due to comprehensive programs like NCC in in India our adversaries are preparing in much planned way.

Though sensitive info should be kept secret but it's better to show off something for confidence of nation. When I was studying in PU in1999-2000 the Uni was open for all, people could clearly observe students and teachers there along with lush green lawns, whole atmosphere was so charming. Now you can observe a walled Uni where perhaps you should have to be screen out thoroughly before visiting any deptt. Recently I went to examination center of PU for a professional exam there were at least 5-6 armed Uni guards along with three to four Policemen there, even not allowing to use wash rooms before time situated outside the examination hall. Same is case with QAU and other Unis. How the hell we shall bring our nation forward.
The examination center situation has to do with our inherent national nature to find shortcuts by cheating and less to do with openness

Being able to judge the actual picture is something, but that is not related to a gap between civil and military but rather the military’s ages old false belief that no one from the civil sector can challenge them either intellectually or morally by their claim to be defenders of our borders. Hence they are hesitant to release information, and this mentality transcends into the entire security and R&D establishments where they suffer what I call the national “Aqal e kul” disease thinking they know it all.

Whereas in reality its quite the opposite. So in context to the topic, if there is something I don’t know about the JF-17 then I would stay silent rather than make up a story as some here do. Better to not feel stupid later, if only one is smart enough to feel stupid.

So if the question arises on the JF-17’s powerplant, then based on a mix of information I learnt some years ago and on reading between the lines on publicly available statements and images by PAF personal and others; we are working to maximize the output of the RD-93 to where it can provide us the output needed to get to a 1.15 clean TWR.

As for the Radar, the issue was/is cooling and one of the solution that was looked at is microcooling fins.
I mentioned dual phase cooling as another possibility. Whether the radar is GaN based or otherwise is beyond me since I no longer have old classmates or colleagues in Pakistani R&D; they have all moved onto greener pastures.

what's there to spy on.
I am only posting what @fatman17 stated in another thread regarding JF-17 AESA / PL15... https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/pakistan-air-force-news-discussions.8600/page-485#post-11744154
I've been able to confirm PAF interest in AESA/PL-15 integration for JF-17 Block-III. It will enable JF-17s to engage targets at extended BVR ranges, where the aircraft itself will not be visible on enemy's radar due to low RCS. We're talking 150+ km.

Due to the integration of AESA radar, the JF-17s will not only become resistant to enemy's jamming but will have on station jamming, EW capabilities of their own. This will be further enhanced by the integration of a modular plug & play EW pod, mounted on the chin hard point.
These are tweets of Shahid Reza

I am only posting what @fatman17 stated in another thread regarding JF-17 AESA / PL15... https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/pakistan-air-force-news-discussions.8600/page-485#post-11744154
I've been able to confirm PAF interest in AESA/PL-15 integration for JF-17 Block-III. It will enable JF-17s to engage targets at extended BVR ranges, where the aircraft itself will not be visible on enemy's radar due to low RCS. We're talking 150+ km.

Due to the integration of AESA radar, the JF-17s will not only become resistant to enemy's jamming but will have on station jamming, EW capabilities of their own. This will be further enhanced by the integration of a modular plug & play EW pod, mounted on the chin hard point.
These are tweets of Shahid Reza
Pakistan has invested heavily in the JFT program, and it is going to be the backbone of the PAF for years to come. The block III iteration of the Thunder is going to surprise many people with its technological advances learnt by the PAF pilots by participating in many top of the line air exercises like Red and Green Flag, Anatolian Eagle etc. Remember the PAF pilots recommended numerous changes during the prototype period of not only the Thunder but also the F7PG to make it a more effective fighter. obviously the wish list cannot be achieved 100%.

Pakistan has invested heavily in the JFT program, and it is going to be the backbone of the PAF for years to come. The block III iteration of the Thunder is going to surprise many people with its technological advances learnt by the PAF pilots by participating in many top of the line air exercises like Red and Green Flag, Anatolian Eagle etc. Remember the PAF pilots recommended numerous changes during the prototype period of not only the Thunder but also the F7PG to make it a more effective fighter. obviously the wish list cannot be achieved 100%.
In another thread read that PAF is working on new high speed fuel tank so that speed of JF-17 can be increased, just wondering if PAF would work on lines of Boeing to design not just drop tanks but something that can effectively increase stealthier JF-17 similar to the advanced super hornet F-18's Conformal Fuel Tank and Stealth Weapon Pod. No doubt PAF is going to be induction a new engine which would have a higher thrust to weight ratio as well as lower fuel consumption.

In another thread read that PAF is working on new high speed fuel tank so that speed of JF-17 can be increased, just wondering if PAF would work on lines of Boeing to design not just drop tanks but something that can effectively increase stealthier JF-17 similar to the advanced super hornet F-18's Conformal Fuel Tank and Stealth Weapon Pod. No doubt PAF is going to be induction a new engine which would have a higher thrust to weight ratio as well as lower fuel consumption.
CFT will add to the drag. Unless we get a more powerful engine i dont think CFT is an option

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom