What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Wing configuration would change, changing chordline/airstream angle - AoA. Jets like FC1 & F16 are already configured at low AoA. With lower speeds & maintained AoA, it would be impossible to prevent stall (rockfall effect).
Much appreciated.

So did anyone notice in 23rd March Parade today; the commentator while describing Raad ALCM said that it can be carried by all fighter aircraft in PAF inventory. The commentator speaking at the time was Farah Hussain(TV Anchor), so its unlikely she can say something of the sorts just on her own.

Does this mean RAAD has been integrated to JF-17?

@Windjammer @Bilal Khan 777

So did anyone notice in 23rd March Parade today; the commentator while describing Raad ALCM said that it can be carried by all fighter aircraft in PAF inventory. The commentator speaking at the time was Farah Hussain(TV Anchor), so its unlikely she can say something of the sorts just on her own.

Does this mean RAAD has been integrated to JF-17?

@Windjammer @Bilal Khan 777

Don't pay much heed to their words. Unless you see JF-17 physically firing Ra'ad. Check the size of Ra'ad. It can not be integrated with JF-17 in it's existing configuration

upload_2019-3-23_11-7-8-png.548565

and then go through this thread to know more

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/anatomy-of-the-hatf-viii-raad-air-launched-cruise-missile.436702/

Are all PAF JF 17 Block Is being upgraded to Block IIs??

Don't pay much heed to their words. Unless you see JF-17 physically firing Ra'ad. Check the size of Ra'ad. It can not be integrated with JF-17 in it's existing configuration

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/anatomy-of-the-hatf-viii-raad-air-launched-cruise-missile.436702/
Why they didn't showed Ra'ad II??

Pakistan is worst than third world on it's civilian outlook, but armed forces are of 1st world standard.
Compare Pakistani PM and General Asif Ghafoor, who seems to have more talent? not even close.
If today, AVM SL i smade president of Pakistan, our civilian side will go back to the horizons where we once were during Musharraf era.

Thats your biased and incorrect opinion ... military persons are good administrator and therefore they control corruption relatively however alot of mess we r in today is due to military ...

1. TTP is direct result of musharaf policy.
2.Shaukat tareen and zardari were nothing but musharaf's agent and were there as musharaf was not willing to give away his power.
3. 1971 was mistake of military. Military clearly sided away with bhutto rather than being neutral.
4. I dont want to go into afghan war as it has lotnof sensitive matters.
5. NS is gift of a general ... general zia ...
6. Destruction of politics by pushing back fatima jinnah and jamat.e.islami was military's mistake

In short the mess in politics is gift from armed forces ...

Wing configuration would change, changing chordline/airstream angle - AoA. Jets like FC1 & F16 are already configured at low AoA. With lower speeds & maintained AoA, it would be impossible to prevent stall (rockfall effect).

Why do we need higher AoA at lower speed? I see only one 'strategic' use for that, and if that is the reason then I am extremely happy.

What we do need is quick cycle time from top acceleration to low speed and back again to top speed. This would make it lethal in WVR.

@Oscar

Why do we need higher AoA at lower speed? I see only one 'strategic' use for that, and if that is the reason then I am extremely happy.

What we do need is quick cycle time from top acceleration to low speed and back again to top speed. This would make it lethal in WVR.

@Oscar
Both are somewhat unrelated. Being able to do higher AoA at lower speeds allows nose pointing ability at lower speeds too.

Yes, I am aware of of the issues discussed in the thread with regards to Integration of Raad onto JF-17. Hence the question, cause the remarks during parade came as a surprise. But you are right seeing is believing.

But hopefully PAF is able to find a solution in next few years. Cause its likely that by 2025 time frame, even the ROSE Mirages will start getting phased out.

Both are somewhat unrelated. Being able to do higher AoA at lower speeds allows nose pointing ability at lower speeds too.
but do we need nose pointing ability in future air to air combat.

Used for increased lift at slower speeds & helps with power climb. Relevant also at higher speed when pilot wants to stay aflot with greater wing flow. Both F16 & FC1 have lower AoA making them very unstable in air.
higher AoA at lower speeds allows nose pointing ability at lower speeds too.

but do we need nose pointing ability in future air to air combat.
We do to an extent, but a off boresight missile system is more paramount.
Used for increased lift at slower speeds & helps with power climb. Relevant also at higher speed when pilot wants to stay aflot with greater wing flow. Both F16 & FC1 have lower AoA making them very unstable in air.
I would focus more on additional BvR and EW capability instead of more maneuverability.

Both today’s and tomorrow’s fight is BVr to slash and dash in WVR.

I thought our Viper aces prefer the cut throttle, position, fire back approach? Higher AoA at slower speeds can make them subconsciously complacent, luring them into a sustained turn match with bandit on the six armed with 5th gen WVRs. Ouch!!!

I thought our Viper aces prefer the cut throttle, position, fire back approach? Higher AoA at slower speeds can make them subconsciously complacent, luring them into a sustained turn match with bandit on the six armed with 5th gen WVRs. Ouch!!!
A 5th gen wvr sir ?

pl 10 vs python 5

Back
Top Bottom