What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

I wonder sometimes ...

I know for a fact that beneath what's written here, we all have divergent views on most things, but when it comes to at least calling out the corruption and then demanding change in that specific area, we're in alignment.

It might not be enough for a political party, but seriously, how many good people would it take to at least make a serious dent in the narrative and trigger hard accountability? This is off-topic, so I'll just leave it as a question, but a serious one, because the answer might be one of a few plausible hopes we have (or not).

Young people like many on this forum will have to do this job. I am now 57 & there are others who are no more young. I have returned to UK but should be back home in due course. There is no place like home. There is none.

Madam, I don't hold much hope for young people. I apologize profusely for the sort of language used here, but if you could overlook that and have a read:

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/elec...es-pakistan-stand.596749/page-4#post-11123417

This nation is increasingly become subservient to Western interests. If measures are not taken by top leaders to instill nationhood, self-respect, and discipline, then the 'young people' will hand over the country to their foreign masters. Let's not forget, the old people of today were also young once.

Madam you are lucky. As someone slightly older than you and residing and working in UK for the last 30 yrs I often think it is time to move back and contribute to my country's progress and help my people rather than helping these ungrateful people and stop being treated as a second class citizen. You have the circumstances to be able to do that but for various reasons I dont. It is a pity but so it is and so it will be.

Araz Shaib you could still serve the country while staying in UK its not that I am opposing the idea of your return to Pakistan, I am just sharing my understanding that overseas Pakistani are already contributing in many ways but lacking in one sector that is the LOCAL POLITICS, though in UK Pakistani community has done great as compare to Pakistanis in other western countries, so UK could be a launch platform and could become an example of unofficial community base lobbying for Pakistan.

this could be a starting point not necessarily that you have to invest your own money or buy a school just try to engage community invest your extra time (which you are already doing), just gather people around you for a cause.

I can perfectly relate.. . I left recently after banging my head against countless hurdles, sekf proclaimed gods and unending roadblocks.
Not a day passes when i dont miss the warmth of my home or repent the state we are in.
If only i had the means or power to do something for my country and its people... who have been kind to me and given me everything that I have today.
Like many, I too do not want to die like an old bloke with nothing but regrets and unfulfilled dreams while seated in a comfortable place somewhere in the world.
Irony is like many i too am willing to go back in a heartbeat provided i am given a free hand with accountability and checks and balance but on one condition only. .. i.e. I wont do wrong (bribe, forgery, bluff) or let anyone do it too. But i guess that nowadays...thats too much to ask in Pakistan. PTI is probably our last hope.
Anyways i do not want to derail this further... Madam, have a safe trip back home and may God give you the strength to carry on and contibute to the rosy days ahead.
Ameen

Hi,

Oh my goodness---. You been hit hard---.

Noble but How?

Everyone (living inside country and living outside country) wish to do good for country but no one knows how? Maybe together we can ..........

Public vs Mafia.
I recently met two PTI 'leaders' - electables & neither wanted to even discuss change. They are everywhere all across the spectrum.

It might not be enough for a political party, but seriously, how many good people would it take to at least make a serious dent in the narrative and trigger hard accountability?

I wonder sometimes ...

I know for a fact that beneath what's written here, we all have divergent views on most things, but when it comes to at least calling out the corruption and then demanding change in that specific area, we're in alignment.

It might not be enough for a political party, but seriously, how many good people would it take to at least make a serious dent in the narrative and trigger hard accountability? This is off-topic, so I'll just leave it as a question, but a serious one, because the answer might be one of a few plausible hopes we have (or not).

There is only one weapon that we, the people who want to bring about meaningful change, have. Education. So far, it doesn't look like the PTI government is going to do much about education. We need to take the responsibility of providing educational to the youth, education that provides them the creativity to independently solve complex problems, as well as giving them a strong sense of identity and the spark to work for Pakistan and its interests.

replace 'You' with We.

Hi,

Yes---so true---.

If 3 or 4 major players would have sided with me from the early days of this forum---we would have been a force to be reckoned with---.

But some were cowards---some were 'too honest'---some had no grasp of the consequences---some got their egos hurt because they did not come up with the 'solutions' or did not see the problems---.

How would BVR engagements qualitatively differ under block 3?
The only plausible way it could is if the PAF gets a longer-ranged BVRAAM. I asked about whether the Block-III could get a new BVRAAM in front of the PAC pavilion at IDEAS, and the answer I got was, "we can do it" but they weren't going to commit to a hard answer in front of everyone. On the other hand, they didn't say, "ohh we're fine with SD-10" either, so ... maybe?

Most members talk about AESA Radar and FLIR on JF-17. There is another light/laser tech called LIDAR. The basics are in this video.

If LIDAR is used in conjunction with FLIR as a multi-sensor unit on a fighter, it could give following advantages:

1. Passive Listening for gathering intelligence on other radar and transmissions over a wide frequency band.
2. Passive detection for accurate determination of jammer bearings.
3. Laser obstacle avoidance and terrain following for covert operations.
4. Real time passive night vision.
5. An automatic target recognition (ATR) system for use in A2A homing missile that could recognize and track a target through fusing data from LIDAR and FLIR sensors.

Minutes of administration need prior permission but this much i csn tell you it involves turbines for hydroelektriks. This much is permissible. Nescom has turned into a den of thieves doesnt matter be it civilian or no civilians @Oscar
The same privea will be overseeing military and future airforce projects.

Spot on. Well said.

ACE is armed up with BULAVA, both are rival competitors teamed up with rival Chinese privea. Yet both are owned by the same groups who have vested interests under nescom besides owing up shares in hongkong energy sector. Who csn save the sheeples!!
Allah...

and I am last one to try to give that scriptic invocation but after experiencing it, Allah hi Pakistani ka Hafiz hai.

The change required to get us where it is needs Africa like drought and misery with children dying in the streets to awake the current generations busy on Tik Tok... this is the least emotional response I can give to this nation; because for all the whining and crying, their stomachs are FULL!

Being perhaps the youngest here ,
I'm saddened to say that many of my generation also have been raised in this culture of take what you can and corruption and these upper middle class young adults will in the future consistute the majority in such institutions and it's a shame , being honest lands you as unpopular ,
A miracle is needed,
Our nation is latoun ki bhoot,
A few dozen chopped hands would do wonders

When you cannot identify anything & your enemy cant see anything hitable - VLRAAM do or donot!

The only plausible way it could is if the PAF gets a longer-ranged BVRAAM. I asked about whether the Block-III could get a new BVRAAM in front of the PAC pavilion at IDEAS, and the answer I got was, "we can do it" but they weren't going to commit to a hard answer in front of everyone. On the other hand, they didn't say, "ohh we're fine with SD-10" either, so ... maybe?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom