What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Latest news over block 3,
I was suggested this news by Google chrome. (Today)

https://www.nextbigfuture.com/2018/...p-jets-with-anti-stealth-plane-radar.html/amp
This is more of a fan boy stuff ... at one para they are saying air cool radar whereas in another they are referring klj7A which is liquid cool ...

Furthermore IRST and hmd are not confirmed yet ..

Those all are the orginal specs required ... but how many sub systems are actually being incorporated are not yet disclosed ...

Block ll is same as block l there is no difference....
Block II introduced in-flight refueling capabilities, increased oxygen supply resulting in a longer operational time. Western avionics were also introduced in exchange of Chinese.

Block II introduced in-flight refueling capabilities, increased oxygen supply resulting in a longer operational time. Western avionics were also introduced in exchange of Chinese.
ARF probe..... Is a new one Sir but no structural changes
Westren avionics can also be used in block 1 i guess....

A dedicated EW variant, the jf-17E has been proposed.

Was this confirmed at IDEAS 2018? In any case, an awesome news. My own concept of EW is to put jamming on AEWACS like aircraft and use the Thunder for ELINT and spoofing.

I thought you just proposed it and then declared it lol

Anyways, most likely dead in the water proposal by the Chinese to get more money from Pakistan.

I thought you just proposed it and then declared it lol

Anyways, most likely dead in the water proposal by the Chinese to get more money from Pakistan.

Proposal came from PAF, not China.

DtIukU5WwAAentT.jpg:large

L-15B offered to PAF as an option for LIFT..

It is said RD-93 doesn't have enough power to power EW suite and ideally a 2 engine platform can do this job, which also have greater range and loitering time. On the surface this makes sense. What are your thoughts?

It is said RD-93 doesn't have enough power to power EW suite and ideally a 2 engine platform can do the job. What are your thoughts ?

It is a false assumption at best. The engine is modular and has seen modifications several times in its lifetime. No body knows the current output of RD-93 But PAF, Klimov and Catic.

It is a false assumption at best. The engine is modular and has seen modifications several times in its lifetime. No body knows the current output of RD-93 But PAF, Klimov and Catic.

@messiach can you shed some light on these modifications?

Here is a list of modern EW aircrafts

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic-warfare_aircraft

Every single one if them which can be classified as a 'fighter jet' is twin engine. The only single engine EW aicraft of credibility is the F-35 which has a dry thrust of 125 kN and wet thrust of above 190 kN. No matter how modular and how many modifications, you can't take a fighter with 85 kN of wet thrust and transform it into a P&W high performance engine. It defies logic to consider the use of Thunder in a purely EW role without backup from an AEWAC type aircraft.

@gambit

Back
Top Bottom