What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

I think delay is not necessarily due to a lack of experience or incompetence, like in Tejas case.
It must be a major refinement due to new technologies available and might also be due to some coming orders in pipe line for domestic or foreign.

I think delay is not necessarily due to a lack of experience or incompetence, like in Tejas case.
It must be a major refinement due to new technologies available and might also be due to some coming orders in pipe line for domestic or foreign.

Hahahahaaaaa ..... Dil ke behlane ko Ghalib yeh khayal achcha hai ...... :whistle:

005WE4COgy1fxnid9to4qj31q615gh4x.jpg
005WE4COgy1fxnidnkeboj32x51y4e82.jpg
005WE4COgy1fxnidzf2qcj33a526s4qr.jpg

we built 12 x JF17 II this year to fill the gap prior to B3

now what does PAC do in 2020 if B3 is coming in 2021

why the delay in radar, they have been selecting and unselecting ASEA radars for JF17 for the last 5 years

who is responsible for the failure of this task?

why the delay in radar, they have been selecting and unselecting ASEA radars for JF17 for the last 5 years

Two possibilities come in mind.
1) PAF has decided to Procure JF-17B.
2) Gap is filled by Export orders.

I think jf 17b will be produced and the delay in radar might be due tona better ootion becoming available

It clearly states right there that production will start in last quarter of 2019. So that is what they will be doing in 2020

In the interim, the radar will probably be going through user acceptance trials as well as formalizing procedures and training materials for the pilots to learn how to use this new technology most effectively. And most like the radars, or at least portions of them would be built at Karma, means training techs and engineers as well as setting up facilities etc. All this doesn't happen over night. In fact from the tweet it is clear that PAF has not made a decision on which radar to use and will be putting the competitors through their paces.

If the government funds for additional JF-17s to be procured in the interim, great, but it makes less economic sense if those new jets coming off the line have to be equipped with radars and other electronic equipment that we are going to be replacing. Those things are not cheap. PAC might also be starting to get the first batches of JF-17s through the overhaul process as they have been in service for over a decade now.

I think PAF calls a fighter 'operationalized' when a squadron has been raised. Hence the timeframe of 2021. This is possible if serial production starts end of 2019. Insha Allah, looking forward to prototype sometime in mid 2019 if everything goes according to plan.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom