What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

JF-17B
img-b2ffc15e757c15119a4493ca83d55745.jpg
img-c006e0f0c6f46aae3efa8d77377a3580.jpg
img-01301164a76b4fae7739aa5617cf7c58.jpg
img-c01b2f3ebbe320296cf02072456909a2.jpg

A-A missiles can be seen mounted...all friendly daily missions of whatever nature are classified as Training missions by PAF.
You should know that JF-17B is not in mass-production yet.

You should know that JF-17B is not in mass-production yet.
Oh thanks..me bacha hon mjhe ni pta tha...
B is currently in Kamra and there is a whole fighter sqdrn of JF17 also posted there so yeah they do fly BFM missions daily.

If its not in mass production doesnt mean they wont fly regular missions in it... what's it there for then...showcasing?

What PL15 has to do with S400? It is completely different weapon system design to engage big targets such as AWACs ... for S400 we need long range stealthy anti radiation missile ...

It will allow PAF to engage enemy from far distance making engagement bit safer and also IAF will need to pull back its AWACS due to massive range of PL-15.

I hope we get 12 odd Block 2 Thunders and 6 dual seaters by the year end to reequip Sharpshooters. Their F7Ps caused the death of their OC a while back.

It has not yet gotten FOC, so no question of missions. All flights would be regarded as test flights testing one thing or another

Oh thanks..me bacha hon mjhe ni pta tha...
B is currently in Kamra and there is a whole fighter sqdrn of JF17 also posted there so yeah they do fly BFM missions daily.

If its not in mass production doesnt mean they wont fly regular missions in it... what's it there for then...showcasing?

I hope we get 12 odd Block 2 Thunders and 6 dual seaters by the year end to reequip Sharpshooters. Their F7Ps caused the death of their OC a while back.

It’s was introduced as temporary sqn so would go away eventually when no f-7s with remaining life is left in a few years ??

Curious it being stated that jf-17 can carry either Gsh-30 or Gsh-23

I though it because GSh-30 weighs more so that’s why paf opted for 23 mm but both Weigh same and even ammo weight almost same diff been 23 mm carry 180-200 rounds while 30 mm will carry almost half

46 kg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gryazev-Shipunov_GSh-30-1

~50 kg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gryazev-Shipunov_GSh-23

But the twin barrel weighs twice as in a pod not sure in the case will jf be able to carry just single barrel ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gryazev-Shipunov_GSh-30-2

Last edited:
Their F7Ps caused the death of their OC a while back.
When?
I hope you are not confusing crash of Cheetahs OC.

It has not yet gotten FOC, so no question of missions. All flights would be regarded as test flights testing one thing or another
PAF would still call it a mission as per my experience with them...dont take the term MISSION as an air raid against india or taliban...mission doesn't necessarily mean only that.All their day to day flights no matter of what nature are classified as a mission.

This is my last reply regarding this useless discussion.

I hope you are not confusing crash of Cheetahs OC.
Are you talking about the one displayed on a location in Gilgit.
Always wondered how did it end up on our side.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom