What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Based on what @messiach had hinted, the Project Azm FGF is a new design, but is conceptually close in scope to the JF-17. So we're probably looking at a unique approach, i.e. emphasis on optimizing cost, time to delivery and reducing complexity where doable. But it's premature to put an image on Azm.

Strengthen wing and add new pylon for SD-10 so outer pylons plus wingtip are dedicated aam pylons and rest for air to ground

So std load 2 x sd-10 and 2 x short range aam

Add one or two under intake for ldp and jammer

This should be block 3

View attachment 503779

How you guessed that those are hardpoints?
The smaller circle could be a condute holder for cabling.
Larger circle is just an interface point between the stronger and lighter frame.

Going into serial production with added hard point, without thorough flight testing is can't be a routine practice. If it happens, it would be case in its own @MastanKhan

Last edited:
How you guessed that those are hardpoints?
The smaller circle could be a condute holder for cabling.
Larger circle is just an interface point between the stronger and lighter frame.

Going into serial production with added hard point, without thorough flight testing is can't be a routine practice. If it happens, it would be case in its own @MastanKhan

Hi,

@gambit had explained it very well about adding hard points---.

And as for me---I don't think they are necessary---. I would rather have a dedicated IRST like the one on the J10's---.

Based on what @messiach had hinted, the Project Azm FGF is a new design, but is conceptually close in scope to the JF-17. So we're probably looking at a unique approach, i.e. emphasis on optimizing cost, time to delivery and reducing complexity where doable. But it's premature to put an image on Azm.

I agree with you, the J-31 which is our closest expectation of the Azm is rumored to be expected to be equipped with the KLJ-7A radar and RD-93MA/WS-19 power plant, two components it will share with the JF-17 Block-3. Several other sub systems might end up being common for eg HMS, next gen cockpit interface etc. In fact JF-17 Block-3 is being held up because of sub system development.
As for design besides the DSI intakes, any other design similarities are unlikely, since AZM being stealth or low observable will need a different design approach.
One possible cost reduction and range enhancement approach by making more space for fuel could be instead of a internal weapons bay like J-31 and JSF, PAF could opt for recessed missile hardpoints like the Korean K-FX.
JKX3ZN5DURGJPBHMUW2VN4G7TE.jpg

Last edited:
Let’s be honest other than J31 was is Pakistanis 5th generation prospect?

@All
Our problems with next generation fighter stem from our inability to produce a reliable turbofan. That's why we are dependant on x,y & z. In 1960s if we had started a turbine programme, by 20y - mid 1980s, we would have produced a decent turbofan for our needs. This is just criminal negligence. The SG&D cadre involved with water&power should be investigated by a GIT for criminal conduct and subsequent public flogging. I myself presented a PC1 and one of the federal secretaries jamaat shah, an extremely low IQ - 100++% duffer, stood-up and inquired the relevance of turbines for pakistan's current needs. We all looked at each other in complete amazement. All night we kept on narrating arabian-nights & the next morning this duffer stood up asking whether Laila was a man or a women.
This is the status of this duffer, inept & 100% incompetent administration. These ba$tard$ should be brought back and subjected to GIT investigation under the SC. This bully cat needs to be belled.

@All
Our problems with next generation fighter stem from our inability to produce a reliable turbofan. That's why we are dependant on x,y & z. In 1960s if we had started a turbine programme, by 20y - mid 1980s, we would have produced a decent turbofan for our needs. This is just criminal negligence. The SG&D cadre involved with water&power should be investigated by a GIT for criminal conduct and subsequent public flogging. I myself presented a PC1 and one of the federal secretaries jamaat shah, an extremely low IQ - 100++% duffer, stood-up and inquired the relevance of turbines for pakistan's current needs. We all looked at each other in complete amazement. All night we kept on narrating arabian-nights & the next morning this duffer stood up asking whether Laila was a man or a women.
This is the status of this duffer, inept & 100% incompetent administration. These ba$tard$ should be brought back and subjected to GIT investigation under the SC. This bully cat needs to be belled.

Means except engine rest is under control regarding Azm projects :whistle:

@All

Ive stood next to secretary of aviation during PPP govt as he boldly declared that he will make sure A380’s land at Hyderabad and Sukkur, heard lead engineers shoot down any need for faraday caged in any of our mechanized divisions because India is not doing it.

Criminal Negligence or plain criminality is Pakistan’s middle name.

Back
Top Bottom