What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Good...Share them. If you are honest about your sources, and if they are not paywalled, then there should be no problems telling us where you got your info.
Don't waste ur time Gambit. U r a knowledgeable member here and ur contributions are welcome...don't waste what little time u spend here engaging this guy. He is beyond gone in the head. I have tried discussing various topics with him(where he has made outlandish claims)...I even bothered to include research papers to back up what I said(I hardly ever spoon feed anyone here) and he kept going on and on with mere claims as counter to actual research papers I provided. He is the type who is convinced that he is right and is not open to new information that goes against his predetermined results...with these types any argument/discussion is a waste of time.

Yes, sufficient technical details are available for those who can look at the right places.

The Rafale's EW suite is so advanced that you cannot even think about comparing it with the F-22's or F-35's suites.

Even the USAF has admitted that the US is backward compared to other countries. In fact, this new US Navy jammer called NGJ, to become operational after 2020, is something the French had already accomplished back in 1990.

You forgot to mention, French borrowed all those technologies from vedic India.

*Ahem* it would be disingenuous to disregard the threat that Rafael DOES present. Thirty six planes for 8 billion dollars makes it a VERY expensive plane. Now, we either accuse the Indians of being more foolish than folly itself, or we accept that this is an act of malicious vengeance. India seeks to utterly destroy its enemies - crush them like mud sculptures on a beach. Mad fury lies behind this purchase, and the likes of France, America, and Britain will only egg them on and support them. The Indian Rafaels should NOT be disregarded.

As to the prowess of the French, Australian friends who visited France in the 80s describe being amazed at their technological advancement. Long before there was the internet, the French had an internet like service. Lookup Minitel on Wikipedia. Do NOT take the French lightly.

Yes, sufficient technical details are available for those who can look at the right places.

The Rafale's EW suite is so advanced that you cannot even think about comparing it with the F-22's or F-35's suites.

Even the USAF has admitted that the US is backward compared to other countries. In fact, this new US Navy jammer called NGJ, to become operational after 2020, is something the French had already accomplished back in 1990.
All:
My 2 cents. US deployed and got their backsides kicked in iraq with humvees and flatbed trucks. They would not admit that mine proof vehicles were a simple matter of engineering. When casualties were mounting to 2/day then it became politically unviable and GM and its cronies brought over armscor design engineers to design oshkosh series which are nothing more than carry overs from Casspir.
The notion that US knows all is a fallacy.
In the field of EW which was my life's work, noone is allowed to give out any information on systems, techniques, active/passive counter measures; what is put out is mediocre and just trivial stuff from which nothing can be deduced. If you really want good EW, look towards Saab is all i can suggest.
Tnxs.

*Ahem* it would be disingenuous to disregard the threat that Rafael DOES present. Thirty six planes for 8 billion dollars makes it a VERY expensive plane. Now, we either accuse the Indians of being more foolish than folly itself, or we accept that this is an act of malicious vengeance. India seeks to utterly destroy its enemies - crush them like mud sculptures on a beach. Mad fury lies behind this purchase, and the likes of France, America, and Britain will only egg them on and support them. The Indian Rafaels should NOT be disregarded.

As to the prowess of the French, Australian friends who visited France in the 80s describe being amazed at their technological advancement. Long before there was the internet, the French had an internet like service. Lookup Minitel on Wikipedia. Do NOT take the French lightly.
Yes, they have had really good innovations. We were using a version of their mintel here back in the 80's aka beltel.

Now we have about 100 thunders, so how much it costs totally without weapons. My guess is 1.5 B$.

http://www.indiandefencereview.com/...-the-world-air-chief-marshal-denis-mercier-2/
Air Force Chief of Staff (CEMAA) General Denis Mercier:
I am personally convinced that the Rafale is the best fighter plane in the world.

I am always backed up by Generals.
You are right and similarly US claim their plane best and your former love Russian also claim that. So to me all are correct under their domain.

Now we have about 100 thunders, so how much it costs totally without weapons. My guess is 1.5 B$.
We have more then 100+. We acheived that target on Feb this year
https://timesofislamabad.com/03-Feb...0-jf-17-fighter-jets-become-operational-fully

If my memory serves me right the first contract for 50 thunders was 700 million. I dont recall reading any price for the contract for second 50 thunders.
A
$800 million loan from China for 10-15 year tenure at interest rate of 0%-5%

Block-II funds were allocated by Government of Pakistan

All:
My 2 cents. US deployed and got their backsides kicked in iraq with humvees and flatbed trucks. They would not admit that mine proof vehicles were a simple matter of engineering. When casualties were mounting to 2/day then it became politically unviable and GM and its cronies brought over armscor design engineers to design oshkosh series which are nothing more than carry overs from Casspir.
In the field of EW which was my life's work, noone is allowed to give out any information on systems, techniques, active/passive counter measures; what is put out is mediocre and just trivial stuff from which nothing can be deduced. If you really want good EW, look towards Saab is all i can suggest.
Tnxs.

Yes, they have had really good innovations. We were using a version of their mintel here back in the 80's aka beltel.

Thank you for that. Very informative.

Good...Share them. If you are honest about your sources, and if they are not paywalled, then there should be no problems telling us where you got your info.

Rafale:
Two sources have already been presented many times.

One is the VP of Dassault who said the frontal RCS of the Rafale is 0.0001m2 class (sparrow).

Another is a person who has worked on French surveillance aircraft, nukes and developed weapons that carry nukes (ASMP) etc. So he has the necessary expertise to comment on this subject.

Both have said the Rafales are VLO.

The second person has explained that the 0.0001m2 RCS increases to 0.001m2 to 0.01m2 depending on the weapons carried. And this is for the currently operational F3R version. The new F4 that will become operational by 2024 will better it. Plus, that this is not just restricted to X band, but all relevant bands, if you are willing to pay for the integration of the antennas, which the IAF has agreed to. So we are talking about VLO from "low band", all the way to 40GHz. It's currently operational from 0.5GHz to 18GHz.

And even an IAF Air Marshal has pointed out that the Rafales are stealth jets.

So the Rafales have all the advantages of 4th gen aircraft, high endurance, large payload etc, and capable of achieving supercruise, 11G performance, while also being VLO and possess sensor fusion to boot.

As for the F-22 and F-35: Neither jet has been built with EA in mind. The F-35's radar is capable of EA in the X band and pretty soon the F-22 will be able to do the same. But that's about it. The second person has also said that the kind of EA that the F-35 does, they could do it back in the 90s (with AESA antennas) and is no longer necessary (in fact pointless) and that EA has advanced beyond high power brute force attacks.

French Carbonne demonstrator.
spectra-tesbed1.jpg

USAF officials have openly said that the upcoming jets will be built with EA in mind.

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/th...at-comes-after-the-f-22-raptor-f-18081?page=2
Stealth will almost certainly play a role in a future PCA—should the Air Force analysis show that a requirement for such an aircraft exists. But the service is also likely to heavily invest in electronic warfare capabilities for the next-generation air superiority fighter. The Air Force sees electronic attack as one of many potential requirements for survival in the 2030 plus timeframe, Coglitore said. The PCA will likely use a combination of stealth, electronic attack and other factors such as speed to survive. “There is a balance out there,” Coglitore said. “There are many ways to achieve survivability.”

All:
Tnxs.

Even Saab is way behind the French.

The Gripen's non-existent EW technology on a non-existent aircraft scored behind operational French technologies and aircraft during Swiss evaluations.
20hzbm.png

A non-existent Gripen E should be able to match the Rafale F3R in a few years.

The problem for the Swedes is they don't have nearly as much money as the French. The Spectra's software upgrade budget itself is as much as the cost of the entire Gripen E program.

Its highly classified systems those are just raw release by US government and US show only one EW item we don't know how many EW items in F-22 and F-35, you're realy a retard @randomradio

So you're saying a USAF General has openly lied to the US Congress? 20 year jail sentence right there. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom