What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Yea around in that range (4200-4500). Although irrelevant as it will never be equipped to teeth in any mission profile.
And I think Block 1s also went through wing roots strengthening after the first JFT crash. So i expect their payload to be in similar range.
What is your source about 4500 KG are you talking about JF-17blk-1 and 2 can carry 4200-4500 KG then answer is big NO JF-17 BlK-1 and 2 can carry 3600 to 3800-4000 KG respectively currently JF-17B's weapon payload carrying capability is 4500 Kg and upcoming blk-3 has similar weapon payloads of JF-17B @M.AsfandYar

What is your source about 4500 KG are you talking about JF-17blk-1 and 2 can carry 4200-4500 KG then answer is big NO JF-17 BlK-1 and 2 can carry 3600 to 3800-4000 KG respectively currently JF-17B's weapon payload carrying capability is 4500 Kg and upcoming blk-3 has similar weapon payloads of JF-17B @M.AsfandYar
Believe what you will mate.

So your source wiki, thats a very reliable source you have my boy search other than wiki my boy then you get the real result @M.AsfandYar :enjoy:
No Dear my source is not wiki. My source is an Air Commodore on LPR who also happens to be my professor for last 2 semesters. He worked on JFT prior to 2007.
Dont Quote me again.
AH.

No Dear my source is not wiki. My source is an Air Commodore on LPR who also happens to be my professor for last 2 semesters. He worked on JFT prior to 2007.
Dont Quote me again.
AH.
How is he a professor? I dont think air commodores get a PhD

How is he a professor? I dont think air commodores get a PhD
Well they teach and thats i meant. He isnt officially on the faculty roster.
He was in CAE before he came to IST. Dont know if he was sent here or something as i remember him telling us he hasnt retired yet.
Asst Proff.

Well they teach and thats i meant. He isnt officially on the faculty roster.
He was in CAE before he came to IST. Dont know if he was sent here or something as i remember him telling us he hasnt retired yet.
Asst Proff.
ok. Good to have someone who can assist with practical side of theory as well. Normally you cannot become asst Prof or Prof without PhD or Post Doc. It would be just then may be an hononary position; otherwise Senior lecturer.

ok. Good to have someone who can assist with practical side of theory as well.
Honestly that's the only thing that keeps us from falling asleep. Its not that he doesn't he isn't a good teacher. Its just he strictly sticks to study. He doesn't vary his tone or pitch. Doesn't even get angry. And its really really hard to get him talking on anything that's not on his lecture for the day.
He does connects theoretical concepts with practical examples extremely well.

Honestly that's the only thing that keeps us from falling asleep. Its not that he doesn't he isn't a good teacher. Its just he strictly sticks to study. He doesn't vary his tone or pitch. Doesn't even get angry. And its really really hard to get him talking on anything that's not on his lecture for the day.
He does connects theoretical concepts with practical examples extremely well.
Ah... that is where the issue is. Teaching is a calling; it is not for all.
When I used to teach undergrads and post grads it was a pleasure I varied my style and got them to think and engage in debate. It was a great working forum. When students left my class it was always with good energy. When I left due to an engagement with defence industry; I met a few of my students they were lamenting how the replacement prof did not teach as good.
My teacher used to say always - Teaching is a calling not a profession or art; it comes from the heart. I always remembered her words and guidance. It is superb to see when students graduate and make their mark in the world.
My suggestion to you; get more international journals and study your interest area and know it. It is a pity; because that is not right he cannot discuss anything outside; it means he does not know.

Ah... that is where the issue is. Teaching is a calling; it is not for all.
When I used to teach undergrads and post grads it was a pleasure I varied my style and got them to think and engage in debate. It was a great working forum. When students left my class it was always with good energy. When I left due to an engagement with defence industry; I met a few of my students they were lamenting how the replacement prof did not teach as good.
My teacher used to say always - Teaching is a calling not a profession or art; it comes from the heart. I always remembered her words and guidance. It is superb to see when students graduate and make their mark in the world.
My suggestion to you; get more international journals and study your interest area and know it. It is a pity; because that is not right he cannot discuss anything outside; it means he does not know.
Oh he does know. He does know a lot, that much is quite obvious. The problem is his teaching experience, or how he communicates his knowledge. That leaves a lot to be admired especially when we compare him to the others that came from similar backgrounds. Those set high standards maybe. I think this is his fourth year of teaching (not sure). Its as you say its a passion. He does not vary his style or even the pitch of his voice. Makes really hard to focus for an hour.

Oh he does know. He does know a lot, that much is quite obvious. The problem is his teaching experience, or how he communicates his knowledge. That leaves a lot to be admired especially when we compare him to the others that came from similar backgrounds. Those set high standards maybe. I think this is his fourth year of teaching (not sure). Its as you say its a passion. He does not vary his style or even the pitch of his voice. Makes really hard to focus for an hour.
May be age as well; here he wont last. I always teach students to put their questions and read ahead before next class. this way they wont fall apart and be ready to engage with good questions... also of key ... no questions are irrelevant, you need to make a student feel he/she has something to contribute and just as they learn, i also learn.
I was so fortunate, i had some of the best profs who were world authorities in their field. They encouraged us to go away from textbooks and explore on our own; yes it got us into such trouble for a particular work but we were able to justify it and we moved on.
Dont stop after your 4th year; get your MSc and go into the industry where you are working. Practise your skill and get more practical knowledge then go back and if you have an idea, make it your thesis and there will always be bumps, face them.
Dont stop learning is my guidance to you. Learning is a lifetime career. I see people stagnate once they stop learning. Another aspect - get to know,live and breath project management - Agile/scrum/different methodologies use them.
Between 12 major major projects in my life time, with already 1 PhD, i embarked on another PhD - busy with it.
++ Moderators - sorry i went off topic but as an researcher who loves teaching, if I can use this as an encouragement medium to uplift students.

Back
Top Bottom