What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

May be age as well; here he wont last. I always teach students to put their questions and read ahead before next class. this way they wont fall apart and be ready to engage with good questions... also of key ... no questions are irrelevant, you need to make a student feel he/she has something to contribute and just as they learn, i also learn.
I was so fortunate, i had some of the best profs who were world authorities in their field. They encouraged us to go away from textbooks and explore on our own; yes it got us into such trouble for a particular work but we were able to justify it and we moved on.
Dont stop after your 4th year; get your MSc and go into the industry where you are working. Practise your skill and get more practical knowledge then go back and if you have an idea, make it your thesis and there will always be bumps, face them.
Dont stop learning is my guidance to you. Learning is a lifetime career. I see people stagnate once they stop learning. Another aspect - get to know,live and breath project management - Agile/scrum/different methodologies use them.
Between 12 major major projects in my life time, with already 1 PhD, i embarked on another PhD - busy with it.
++ Moderators - sorry i went off topic but as an researcher who loves teaching, if I can use this as an encouragement medium to uplift students.
Most scientists are pretty bad at teaching.
But there's a breed of students that enjoy the "no-nonsense" approach.

The knowledge just keeps flowing. If you did your homework, you'll gain a lot. Otherwise you're effed.

this is Photoshop but this is whats needed..
1.minimum structural change
2. IRST, AESA, CFT, 1 extra pod hardpoint
1488717292_3.jpg

1488717292_3.jpg
I agree that this PS in reality would be nice. However what load out would you send the JFT into battle determines how you load it. Inlet mounted POD is a necessity and should come in Bl.3. CFTs if they come would be handy and increase loitering time. I wonder whether it would be better on Bs and then used for Naval ops. The extra wing mounted hardpoint was initially tried and given up in favour of DERs. This would be a good solution without wasting too much time. 4+4+1(centre mounted Tank) plus a pod would give us a fantastic load out. However is this what the PAF plans or is the thinking different is something that needs to be seen.
A

Last edited:
1488717292_3.jpg

One of those pods is gonna get blown to smithereens once the canon lets off a volley. Not sure if theres enough room for the IRST but the antennas should definitely be recessed and should be doable.

One of those pods is gonna get blown to smithereens once the canon lets off a volley. Not sure if theres enough room for the IRST but the antennas should definitely be recessed and should be doable.
You are mistaken look at the picture its only one pod at the opposite side of the gun
Its 3+3+2 profile

I agree that this PS in reality would be nice. However what load out would you send the JFT into battle determines how you load it. Inlet mounted POD is a necessity nd should come in Bl.3. CFTs if they come would be handy and increase loitering time. I wonder whdther it would be better on Bs and then used for Naval ops. The extra wing mounted hardpoint was initially tried and given up in favour of DERs. This would be a good solution without wasting too much time. 4+4+1(centre mounted Tank) plus a pod would give us a fantastic load out. However is this what the PAF plans or is the thinking different is something that needs to be seen.
A
I think 3+3+2 under fuselage (pod opposite side of the gun) would make more sense for purpose of economics especially if they can add CFTs..

because thats like adding two hard points as in all practical mission profiles there are two fuel tanks

Look at j-10 pylons under intake or mirage 5 also has total 7 with one each under Wing fuselage joint which pad did not activate when mirage 5 were bought from France last time

Anyway there is no issue with cannon as it’s directly under the fuselage while pylons are
On the slide

Check kafir, mirages and j-10 for details all have under Wing cannon plus pylons ;)

https://www.dassault-aviation.com/en/passion/aircraft/military-dassault-aircraft/mirage-5/
Kafir

View attachment 473925

View attachment 473926

Last edited:
520??

20 for plane number 20
What does 5 stands for?? Block 5??

It doesn't follow PAF or prototype serial numbering formats.

The fact that the jet is in China means it could be for another customer.

Myanmar JF-17s had a different 4 digit numbering.
DIJvvVmUIAI4LDj.jpg

I suspect 520 could be destined for Nigeria as I searched up and it's similar to their AF running series.
3dc1d9928aff4b819d3c50fae9407135.jpg

Back
Top Bottom