What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

A personal question if you dont mind.
Do you check the age of every member before replying him?

So in your opnion only select few or chosen few should be allowd to play posty posty. Why don't you set up an entry test for posting privileges.

Anyways be happy.
Regards.

Hi,

Absolutely---every time---.

Age and type of job or background should be a must for introduction.

See---you have a hard time learning---it is not a matter of posty posty---it is a matter of giving some thought to what you are posting---have yu done your work before posting---.

I mean to ask---how out of touch a poster have to be on being on this board for awhile and then posting about getting multiple sqdrns of 5th Gen aircraft in 3-4 years time.

We work very hard to raise the standards of this board---it is a shame that posters try to protect those bringing the standards down---.

Last edited:
then it could be a total of 20 years before the Azm fighter is fielded in sizable numbers.
20 years is way too optimistic imo. If you look at JF-17, the concept of Super-7 started around mid to late 90's, initial JF-17 flight was around 2009. And now in 2018 we have six squadrons of the plane. If Project Azm is a new design, then i think it would easily be 30 years before we field any noticeable number of the planes. My own guess is that its going to be FC-31 or J-20 with a local brand name, just like with Burraq.

Designing and producing a fifth generation plane is way out of Pakistan's league. Best we can hope for is local license production of the Chinese planes with a local name.

I also don't see the need to design a fifth generation plane from the ground up. Why reinvent the wheel? Just buy a local license of a fifth generation plane, its cheaper and quicker.

I don't know if this has been posted before or not

cf24c53d34639dd7934bc9484f7050ce.jpg

Hi,

Around 10 years ago---when I stated on the board that the JF17 would be taking around 8-10 years for integration---

Now with the BLK3 coming in the next couple of years with aesa----you need another few years for integration of the new product---and then going onto the 5th gen---more headaches---.

So---Paf will not have a proven and tested system for a longtime to come---.

So---what that tells you BILAL---it tells you to go and buy proven weapons systems from a proven weapons manufacturer in a timely manner for your defense---and keep working on the ones that you want to build for yourself---to be self sufficient---.

We maybe in a deeper shi-t in the next 3 to 5 years---because we would be sending out our top tier pilots to the JF17 BLK3 aircraft---and less capable pilots would be flying the top tier operational aircraft that we have the JF 17 BLK2 and the F16's---.

The Paf's problems are not going to end for awhile---. The Rafale would have been the best purchase the Paf would have made---but alas---!!!

Hi,

This is not a social network site---or a lovey dovey gathering place.

The board is full of information and yet a 17 years old barges in with totally thoughtless post---on reprimand a 30 year old wants to come to the rescue of the 17 years old without understanding the significance of the location he is at.

This is weapons world---weapons kill and maim and destroy---they are ruthless brutal and unforgiving---.

Participation here deserves some understanding and respect for the site---posters---with their insight must raise the standards of the forum rather than bring it down---.
As I said before , if only you'd taught me I would have learnt.
A man cannot learn without asking questions.
Thanks

As I said before , if only you'd taught me I would have learnt.
A man cannot learn without asking questions.
Thanks

Hi,

What do you mean I have not taught "you"---. I have been writing for over 12 years on this board---the problem is not from my side---.

When you enter a room---it is your duty to be updated and knowledgeable on the discussion at hand---and carry the discussion from where it is at and not to satart from point zero for every new entry.

Hi,

What do you mean I have not taught "you"---. I have been writing for over 12 years on this board---the problem is not from my side---.

When you enter a room---it is your duty to be updated and knowledgeable on the discussion at hand---and carry the discussion from where it is at and not to satart from point zero for every new entry.
I'm sorry if it might have come across the wrong way,
I do read your posts Alot and I quite like them. I was simply referring to the question I asked quwa, you could have answered it and not bashed.
Thanks.

Anyone know why the PAF chooses to leave the metal bare on part of the fuselage right before the engine while the Burmese examples have them painted. The JF-17B version in China has that section painted in gray too. Any particular reason besides aesthetics?

Anyone know why the PAF chooses to leave the metal bare on part of the fuselage right before the engine while the Burmese examples have them painted. The JF-17B version in China has that section painted in gray too. Any particular reason besides aesthetics?
You can see the antennas under the fuselage. Can anyone match those to the FC-1?

First photo of a release or firing test of the CM-400AKG ASM. It is unknown which aircraft dropped it, but it is possibly the Thunder given its much-anticipated ability to carry the weapon.

View attachment 454931
View attachment 454932

It is being fired from the jf-17, notice the long slanted front under fuselage mounted comm antenna coupled with few small ones..

for reference..

JF-17-45-692x360.png

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom