What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Aoa. My question to all senior members are that I am worried about jf-17 engine .is it good option for paf to have ws 13e or ej-200 to replace rd 93.these engines have newer technologies plus more thrust.
And if we increase the wingsize of jf-17 could it be more maneuverable and have more lift?

Hi,

I am surprised at your worries----for what reason.

There is nothing wrong with the JF17 structure / size and its RD93 engine---. Both are a match FOR EACH OTHER.

The aircraft meets all the criteria of engine power, strike capability, air to air role or an electronic counter measure package role for its size.

It is a successful design with around 80 + aircraft in service.

Why are we stuck here? Why not we want to have better technology? We are satisfied with 3.5 generation jf-17. No body wants to have a better engine, better ew suit, better hmds .we are just satisfied with older technology.everyone is saying jf-17 is the best aircraft in the world. No it is not. Why we cannot add systems which are above 4th genereation to our aircraft.everything we buy is older technology.we are not producing better things the things about we can say these are worlds best.

Why are we stuck here? Why not we want to have better technology? We are satisfied with 3.5 generation jf-17. No body wants to have a better engine, better ew suit, better hmds .we are just satisfied with older technology.everyone is saying jf-17 is the best aircraft in the world. No it is not. Why we cannot add systems which are above 4th genereation to our aircraft.everything we buy is older technology.we are not producing better things the things about we can say these are worlds best.
Brother you are terribly missinformed
first of all thunder is 4th generation by all means ..
Secondly it is planned to have latest tech in block 3 i.e AESA hobs hmds and probably irst as well
when we see thunder is best then it is refernce to its role ... thunders job is to fill the numbers gap with affordable cost which is capable to face high end fighters on its own ... it was never designed to be air superiority, deep strike or lead fighter ... in this role thunder is a huge success ..you cannot expect more from a light weight fighter ... for deep strike and superiorty we are planning for other aircraft ... it could be off the shelf purchase if 5th generation is taking time otherwise we are going into 5th generation within next 5 years

Hi,

First of all---welcome to the forum---.

BETTER is a relative term---. Each machine, a system, an equipment has its function and utility---the JF17 in its current form meets that function and utility at 110%.

When you starT in the search of BETTER --- the world gets to be a lot confusing. A good example is an air craft from our neighbor---they have been trying to make it better for the last 30 years and I don't need to harp on it.

I think that you need to learn and understand the function and utility of a major weapons system---. It is simply not what you want to build---it is what the other in power want you to have---.

The primary goal is to get to the start line---there are a lots of compromises made to get to the START line---once you get there---other options become available---.

Those on the fringe---are now ready to help you---because they see their own interest in it---.

To break into the FIGHTER Aircraft industry is a massive achievement for the PAF---and many a pakistani posters have no clue to what has been gained---.

And to top it off---getting sales for the aircraft has broken the glass ceiling.

In its
category utility & total overall package---the JF17 is the best available aircraft in the world for its size and overall operating cost.

But---in itself---is it the right aircraft for the PAF? That is the question that needs to be addressed---.

Last edited:
We have been planning for more than a decade to buy a heavy weight fighter jet but we have not bought a single one. All the money allocated to buy off the shelf fighter gone where?? On jf-17 only? Yes I know we are doing better than past but still we are far far behind from other countries. Pakistan is country upon which all of the muslim world have eyes. That means we have great responsibility. We are first wall agaist the forces which are anti-muslims.we have to be stronger and equipped with modern technology that matches america , israel etc. Unfortunately there is very less work done on r &d which is critical for advancement in technology.

We have been planning for more than a decade to buy a heavy weight fighter jet but we have not bought a single one. All the money allocated to buy off the shelf fighter gone where?? On jf-17 only? Yes I know we are doing better than past but still we are far far behind from other countries. Pakistan is country upon which all of the muslim world have eyes. That means we have great responsibility. We are first wall agaist the forces which are anti-muslims.we have to be stronger and equipped with modern technology that matches america , israel etc. Unfortunately there is very less work done on r &d which is critical for advancement in technology.
If an when Pakistanis start paying their fair share of taxes and politicians stop plundering the exchequer, we will be able to buy everything on your wish list!

Brother, we procure 18 blk 52 which is our front line fighter furthermore, we invested heavily in Command and control system, data link capability upgradation of old blocks to blk 52 standards ...

I would request you to get some knowledge of the capabilities achieved within this decade ...

Furthermore, enough with this bull shit of Islamic nation ... I am a conservative Muslim myself but we are nowhere near to be a leader of the Islamic nation and on the other hand, there is nothing Islamic in Muslims ... Arabs proud themselves more to be an Arab rather than Muslims, same is tha case with egyptians and persians ... Turks are bit islamic under rule of Erdogan, but for how long ? Far east asia do not even matter in international politics of religious struggle ...

KSA stance on Jerusalem was as weak as Banana republic ... Turkey and other Islamic countries did not do a dime other than giving a useless non-binding UN resolution on Jerusalem ...

So rather than eyeing at the bigger role we should address our own issues first ... Gher tu thek ker lo phir bahar walon ki responsibility ly lena shok sy ... Hamara finance minister is Ishtihari in money laundering ... Our ex PM and leader of the largest political party is facing serious charges, and his second in command is facing criminal charges of murder ...

Your Ex-PM was involved in conspiracy of lowering down Khatam-e-Risalat law ... In short first make Pakistan a Islamic and then we can talk about leadership of Islamic country (if we could find any Islamic country) ...

Awesome post, May ask what car you drive?

Hi,

Young pakistani posters should avoid " feel good " comments about something that happened over 40 years ago---.

The supposed opponent has progressed in leaps and bounds---while pakistan has stagnated.

Please think before posting silly comments.

Hi,

Young pakistani posters should avoid " feel good " comments about something that happened over 40 years ago---.

The supposed opponent has progressed in leaps and bounds---while pakistan has stagnated.

Please think before posting silly comments.
I partially agree ... Agree on the part that we should not feel good about things happened 4 decades ago and it is fact that things has changed drastically to our disadvantage; however, sometimes you have slap others just to give a shutup call for useless trolling ... trolls cannot be reasoned with and can be countered by trolling only ...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom