What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Every block is a new jet on its own. Copyrighted by CAC.

Air Forces Monthly claims that the JF-17B will be able to accommodate many of the subsystems found on the Block III, such as an AESA radar, and that the "B" variant is in essence a stepping stone to the Block III. Can you confirm this?

Can someone summarize the difference between this model and actual prototype for layman like me. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

A simple explanation is that a miniature model shows what the appearance of the aircraft in question going to be when it is produced---.

A prototype is the actual working model on a full scale of that concept.

Does that explanation help---. Others---please jump in with a better description.

I have answered this before. Many subsystems will be carried forward, not just AESA. Aerodynamic profile would remain the same.
Air Forces Monthly claims that the JF-17B will be able to accommodate many of the subsystems found on the Block III, such as an AESA radar, and that the "B" variant is in essence a stepping stone to the Block III. Can you confirm this?

Design? - aerodynamic profile - No.
If you don't mind, could you please unequivocally confirm or deny the report that design of Block B was fine tuned at AMF?

The design of B was refined and tweaked by PAF engineers at AMF facility. The original CAC designed B model attached below

7uoemcH.jpg

Dude.. this is not design. This is a miniature model of real product, which was perhaps produced before the product was produced. So there was bound to be slight differences.

Still I trust, design was tweaked by PAF because design means many details, which may not always reflect on layout of the product.

Last edited:
I have answered this before. Many subsystems will be carried forward, not just AESA. Aerodynamic profile would remain the same.

Were any tweaks performed at AMF at all? Or is it purely designed and developed at CAC with Pakistani engineers working alongside their Chinese counterparts? Many apologies for my persistence just trying to understand what was the involvement from our side.

Tweak is a wild and wide term. It is entirely CAC. PAC representatives are still involved but mostly with work related to block-3. Take care & good luck everyone.
Were any tweaks performed at AMF at all? Or is it purely designed and developed at CAC with Pakistani engineers working alongside their Chinese counterparts? Many apologies for my persistence just trying to understand what was the involvement from our side.

Tweak is a wild and wide term. It is entirely CAC. PAC representatives are still involved but mostly with work related to block-3. Take care & good luck everyone.
2019 should be exciting ... the CAS said the MALE UAV will enter production in 18 months and the JF-17 Block-III is scheduled to enter production in 2019-2020 as well.

For the Block-III single-seat, I wonder if they'll retain the JF-17B design as-is and replace the rear seat with an extension of the spine.

See below for what the Russians did with the MiG-29KUB, -29M2 and -35.

1635724.jpg

I really wish to know what happened between Thunder and Flanker in Shaheen VI
Sorry, I don't know the result
China send 3 type of fighters: J11BS to simulate 30MKI,J8F to simulate mirage 2000H,Jh7A to simulate mig27L and jaguar
The purpose is help Pakistan find a way to defeat your enemy
The value is not about result, is about what you have learned
PAF have flied J11BS

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom