What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Asked about 18 sqn conversion...was told as long F7s are active with CCS,No. 18 is gonna operate F7s..

Which sqn is converting next?

Ccs sqn in fact has a flight of 8-10 Ac used by ccs for f-7s and f-7s sqn Cmd er need to pass before taking over the Cmd of sqn , pg or p

Perhaps they will keep ccs f-7 till pg are also gone ?? anyway find out in next few months about next sqn converting to jf

Last edited:
24177000_1847196678643676_7625203448515961530_n.jpg
love this picture <3 it depicts that Thunder is not a blunder... :D

img_2633-jpg.430109

Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman has announced that Pakistan will be able to send astronauts into space with the collaboration of China in the next two years.

He was addressing the inauguration session of AirTech’17 conference, hosted by Air University in Islamabad on Thursday, according to a statement issued by Pakistan Air force (PAF).

AirTech’17 is the country’s largest technical and scientific Olympiad, being held at the main campus of Air University from December 7 to 10.

The air chief disclosed that Pakistan was currently working to manufacture next generation aircraft with the support of Chinese experts, adding that China was also providing technical support to Pakistan for launching the satellite programme.

PAF can shoot down any drone violating Pakistani airspace, says air chief

Pakistan annually manufactures 16 to 20 JF-17 aircraft, which are much better than F-16 planes in performance, said Aman.

Commenting over importance of national defence, he said Pakistan was on right track to curb terrorism and emphasised that security, stability and prosperity were interlinked in today’s world.

The air chief, in his keynote address on “Leadership, Education & Society Development”, said the purpose of an education system must be to introduce latest technologies and contribute something positive for the betterment of society as a whole.

He also urged the importance of industry-academia cooperation.

“No doubt, Pakistani students are talented, intelligent and hard-working but to achieve success in life goals, unconditional faith, firm commitment and tireless struggle are essential,” he emphasised.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1578535/1-pakistan-send-astronauts-space-two-years/

img_2633-jpg.430109

Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman has announced that Pakistan will be able to send astronauts into space with the collaboration of China in the next two years.

He was addressing the inauguration session of AirTech’17 conference, hosted by Air University in Islamabad on Thursday, according to a statement issued by Pakistan Air force (PAF).

AirTech’17 is the country’s largest technical and scientific Olympiad, being held at the main campus of Air University from December 7 to 10.

The air chief disclosed that Pakistan was currently working to manufacture next generation aircraft with the support of Chinese experts, adding that China was also providing technical support to Pakistan for launching the satellite programme.

PAF can shoot down any drone violating Pakistani airspace, says air chief

Pakistan annually manufactures 16 to 20 JF-17 aircraft, which are much better than F-16 planes in performance, said Aman.

Commenting over importance of national defence, he said Pakistan was on right track to curb terrorism and emphasised that security, stability and prosperity were interlinked in today’s world.

The air chief, in his keynote address on “Leadership, Education & Society Development”, said the purpose of an education system must be to introduce latest technologies and contribute something positive for the betterment of society as a whole.

He also urged the importance of industry-academia cooperation.

“No doubt, Pakistani students are talented, intelligent and hard-working but to achieve success in life goals, unconditional faith, firm commitment and tireless struggle are essential,” he emphasised.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1578535/1-pakistan-send-astronauts-space-two-years/
So the prospects of collaboration on TFX IS Zero. It makes sense to collaborate with a nation which has some experience in the feneration rather than Turkey much as we love it.
A

So the prospects of collaboration on TFX IS Zero. It makes sense to collaborate with a nation which has some experience in the feneration rather than Turkey much as we love it.
A
There are number of other avenues where we should co operate with them

Last edited:
There are number of other avenues where we should co operate with him
I agree. I think my comment was a bit ill thought out and I will probably edit it. You are right and there will be avenues but to what extent and which dorections things flow in remains to be seen. If Turkish Engine priject takes off and they make successes there this is going to be an avenue where there can be collaboration. I think though that forcthe 5th generation project PAF will carry on on the same principles it has adopted in JFT Project. On which subject I personally think we ahould continue our advancement and modifications of the JFT to a 4+generation platdorm. There are plenty of modifications that can be done ans newer technologies that can be incorporated. The block 3 will be a good indicator of things to come in my view so this would be the next litmus paper of the direction PAF will take.
Regards
A

I agree. I think my comment was a bit ill thought out and I will probably edit it. You are right and there will be avenues but to what extent and which dorections things flow in remains to be seen. If Turkish Engine priject takes off and they make successes there this is going to be an avenue where there can be collaboration. I think though that forcthe 5th generation project PAF will carry on on the same principles it has adopted in JFT Project. On which subject I personally think we ahould continue our advancement and modifications of the JFT to a 4+generation platdorm. There are plenty of modifications that can be done ans newer technologies that can be incorporated. The block 3 will be a good indicator of things to come in my view so this would be the next litmus paper of the direction PAF will take.
Regards
A

Here is the key thing. Turkey is in advanced stages of producing weapons for 5th gen F-35. Thus includes A2A missiles, recon pods etc. So for FGF, we can cooperate with China on airframe, and Turkey for weapons and avionics. Also, jumping on the engine bandwagon would be a crucial learning exercise and something we should try our hardest to achieve.

Here is the key thing. Turkey is in advanced stages of producing weapons for 5th gen F-35. Thus includes A2A missiles, recon pods etc. So for FGF, we can cooperate with China on airframe, and Turkey for weapons and avionics. Also, jumping on the engine bandwagon would be a crucial learning exercise and something we should try our hardest to achieve.
There could be issues with code sharing

Combustion chamber in a turbine doesn't need excess air. In fact there are systems in place to prevent exactly that. There are compressor bleed valves that dump air in low speeds as the LP compressor pumps in more air than the rest of the engine can handle. You can't just dump more air in the combustion chamber to improve or do "complete" combustion. Doesn't work that way.

The basic assumption was that the fuel wasn't burning completely,
and I was trying to explain to him that if the fuel does burn completely,
that would lead to higher temperature and pressure at the turbine stage.

AND I was trying to explain, that turbine blades are the primary constraint.
since there is a limit to the temperature and pressure they can withstand.

Do you have any pictures of turbine blades, meltdown only because more than normal fuel was pumped in ?

Failed turbine blades images:---

https://www.google.com/search?q=image+of+melted+turbine+blades&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS724US724&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=yRO9zw33W68jhM%3A%2Cl0-Q2hZzswuj7M%2C_&usg=__UP0Yhev1uE0r7x4GYIMtfaeDUcw=&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj5reS-i_vXAhVT52MKHTmJBwwQ9QEILzAC#imgrc=yRO9zw33W68jhM:

Hi,

Due to other issues---I forgot---.

You simply CANNOT ADD more oxygen to the combustion chamber of a piston engine for a cleaner burn----it does not work that way---.

What it will do is create a KNOCK---detonation---it will melt the pistons down---high compression would bend the connecting rods---the life span of the engine would decrease---.

Simply stated---only an optimal amount of air can be forced into the combustion chamber to burn---after that it becomes a liability and wastage---.

Here are pictures of melted and damaged pistons---due to various reasons---.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mel...AhVLyWMKHXQLBjEQ9QEIMzAE#imgrc=1T70ogZQ3ab7aM:

The latest news indicated that the JF-17B 02 prototype flew for the first time on December 7, 2017.
- Last Updated 12/8/17
View attachment 441700
is it safe to assume that the gray panels are composite materials? if so then we can expect JF17B and block 3 to be a lot lighter (and therefore faster and more agile) than both block 1 and 2, maybe even have 2 extra hard points.

is it safe to assume that the gray panels are composite materials? if so then we can expect JF17B and block 3 to be a lot lighter (and therefore faster and more agile) than both block 1 and 2, maybe even have 2 extra hard points.

yes it is composite materials yes it will be lighter and will have better engine too at least in block 3

Back
Top Bottom