What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

@wiseone2 was hoping someone will post a list of all ongoing deals for JF-17. Fortunately, no one around here has that kind of information. It'll be like digging for gold in an oil well :D
Deals
16 ac Myanmar $500m. Additional order under process.
3 ac Nigeria. Follow on order 7 ac in 2018 budget.
Azerbaijan, Zimbabwe, Sri Lanka interested in JFT. not a bad start for a new supplier.

@wiseone2 was hoping someone will post a list of all ongoing deals for JF-17. Fortunately, no one around here has that kind of information. It'll be like digging for gold in an oil well :D

I am aware of the deals with nigeria and myanmar
i am aware of the failed attempts to sell to a lot of countries

Deals
Azerbaijan, Zimbabwe, Sri Lanka interested in JFT. not a bad start for a new supplier.
isn't it 17 aircraft with myanmar ?

isn't it 17 aircraft with myanmar ?

actually you are right it is 16

negotiation are still going on JF-17.Most of the country are waiting for block 3 air craft with new engine.

Deals

Per info 560 million and follow on order being negotiated AFM August 2017

Nigeria 2018 budget is out?? They have a sqn of f7s and another alpha jet for ground attack but number of Ac available may be few so 10-20 in the long run. Till jf in Nigerian color is seen flying its all hoo haA

Rest who knows Ac procurement is lengthy and expensive process

Per info 560 million and follow on order being negotiated AFM August 2017

Nigeria 2018 budget is out?? They have a sqn of f7s and another alpha jet for ground attack but number of Ac available may be few so 10-20 in the long run. Till jf in Nigerian color is seen flying its all hoo haA

Rest who knows Ac procurement is lengthy and expensive process

When it shows up on the country's budget and then is confirmed by their Air Chief, it's anything but 'hoo haa'.

Well done, Congratulations on the sucess of jf 17, it looks pretty neat in configurations. For export i still belive money rather than technology will be the factor in coming years for jf 17 as it packs quite a punch at slightly higher cost than that of an advance trainer.
I also saw some movements wd tejas wd twin seator variant already out and ifr integrated. Hopefully in 2-3 years world can really compair tejas anf jf 17 in terms of operational effectiveness as well. As of now apart from technology only thing i see missing in tejas is combat ready squadrn.

Per paf history 1999-2013 total goal for jf program when it started in 1990s was 150 to be ordered by paf and 100 by plaaf total 250 due to delays a decade was lost (western avionics requirement by paf and non availability ) when program wss started in early 2000 paf went ahead and plaaf ?? But paf knew actual requirement was 200 plus as a5s, f7s and some mirages so now Catac/pac focused on foreign sales plus paf getting 200 - 250 , I think it safe to assume they will sell app 100 plus to foreign buyers plus

This is my guess plaaf also have to replace a large no of f7s, f8s and a5s so who know like k8p they may orde r some later when ws-13 is available

if there is 200 or 250 planes to be replaced i think there would JF-17 block 4 and block-5 that make more sense it would be a bigger variant of JF-17 like gripen NG and in 10 year 5th generation planes are coming in the PAF

http://www.janes360.com/images/assets/740/63740/AAD-2016-Day-3.pdf

At a media briefing at AAD2016 hosted by both the China National Aero-Technology Import and Export Corporation (CATIC)and the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC), the focus wason the co-operation betweenthe two groups in the designand development of the JF-17 Thunder over a long period of time. Co-operation in the marketing of the jet fighter was also highlighted. It was stressed that it was an ongoing

The designation “JF-17” by Pakistan is short for “Joint Fighter – 1”. The Chinese designation is “FC-1 Xiaolong”, which means “Fighter China – 1 Fierce Dragon”. A detailed description of developmentsover a number of years – fromthe 1990s – and ongoing was provided and a JF-17 test pilot spoke about the capabilities ofthe aircraft. It is described as a new-generation multirole light combat aircraft, designed to meet the demands of current and future threat scenarios. The aircraft hasAn earlier example of the collaboration between PAC and CATIC is the K-8 trainer, which is built in Pakistan as the Karakoram. These two examples from Zimbabwe are participating in AADformidable air combat capability and comprehensive surfaceattack capability combined with excellent manoeuvrability. A variety of weaponry can be carried and it has an advanced integrated avionic system as well as a digital glass cockpit. This is topped off by an advanced integrated logistic support system.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom