What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

The delivery of the first batch (1701-1704) could start in late 2017.
JF-17_1704.jpeg

Myanmar

Per paf history 1999-2013 total goal for jf program when it started in 1990s was 150 to be ordered by paf and 100 by plaaf total 250 due to delays a decade was lost (western avionics requirement by paf and non availability ) when program wss started in early 2000 paf went ahead and plaaf ?? But paf knew actual requirement was 200 plus as a5s, f7s and some mirages so now Catac/pac focused on foreign sales plus paf getting 200 - 250 , I think it safe to assume they will sell app 100 plus to foreign buyers plus

This is my guess plaaf also have to replace a large no of f7s, f8s and a5s so who know like k8p they may orde r some later when ws-13 is available
PLAAF is using J16 to replace J7. Q5 are retired without replacement

Thought about six months ago we saw JF-17 with smokewinders .. ??? ... whatever happened to them.

The green panelling under the cockpit is reminiscent of B but the canopy is too small for a two seater. Also, the B has a join in the canopy just above the HUD area. This aircraft also has a pitot tube so this cannot be a production version. Don't tell me this is Block 3?????

upload_2017-8-29_22-39-6.png

Last edited:
@CriticalThought Definitely a two seater but Is that protrusion covered in yellow to the front startboard side...irst ???

Yes, it does look different like one whole bubble with out the front separate glass part.

Well now that you pointed out, I took a closer look and I think I see those dreadful hinges of the two seater. But, there is no join above the first hinge, so I don't see how it opens up? The canopy looks too small. The front covered panel can very well be the place for IRST. Good catch.

Well now that you pointed out, I took a closer look and I think I see those dreadful hinges of the two seater. But, there is no join above the first hinge, so I don't see how it opens up? The canopy looks too small. The front covered panel can very well be the place for IRST. Good catch.

Yeah, the dreadful hinges is the clear give away and also the reinforcing middle bar between front and back seats on the canopy. Found this pic posted on Twitter from May.

Back
Top Bottom