What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Rust isn't really tolerated on high-performance air-frames. What you saw were probably oil stains.

yeah may be u r right because it was on the back side of the air frame, and beneath the fuselage,next to exhaust so it can be oil stains, may be caused by engine.

Its very nice, its strange that some block2 jets are getting rusty (yellowish) even they are comparetively newer and this one looks very neat and clean although it was made in 2008 and the rusty one which i had seen in few days back in picture was of 2016 :undecided::undecided:

Planes are not made with steel that it will rust. They are made from aluminum alloy which if corrodes will leave a whitish residue. Aircrafts are subject to intense and continued inspection for corrosion and metal fatigue. A plane with even little signs of corrosion will not be flying.

yeah may be u r right because it was on the back side of the air frame, and beneath the fuselage,next to exhaust so it can be oil stains, may be caused by engine.
I suggest that you read the relevant threads before posting your opinions. These issues have been discussed at length on this and other JF-17 threads.

Jf-17 has a hydraulic oil spill point beneath the engine. It's been discussed many times when it first appeared on Dubai Air show. No big problem as it doesn't secrete regularly but during maintenance or oil change it leaves it's stain which should be cleaned or removed.

All fighters and beyond almost all machines leak oil.
Ever rubbed your pant leg on a bicycle chain?

Here's a pic of the belly of Rafale M36 as it came out
of the paint shop prior to NTM2017 :

TigeRaf-PDF-oilstains.png

As you can see, there already are yellowish spots.
How do we now it's not rust ?? Those panels are made from carbon composites! 8-)

So please, hold no worry about the Thunder on account of grease stains.

And have a great day, Tay.

P.S. Overall bonus shot of the white tiger :
19120588_698495603674161_5585915060791803904_n.jpg

Last edited:
All fighters and beyond almost all machines leak oil.
Ever rubbed your pant leg on a bicycle chain?

Here's pic of the belly of Rafale M36 as it came out
of the paint shop prior to NTM2017 :

As you can see, there already are yellowish spots.
How do we now it's not rust ?? Those panels are made from carbon composites! 8-)

So please, hold no worry about the Thunder on account of grease stains.

And have a great day, Tay.

P.S. Overall bonus shot of the white tiger :
HiTay.
THAT SHOT MADE MY DAY. a BEAUTIFUL PLANE.
Thank you

No, its just a humid day.

Sir the temperature difference resulting from pressure drop needs to be there for the ice crystals to form. The length of the contrail shows the temperature is quite low, meaning a large pressure difference, indicating a high speed.

Interestingly enough, the aircraft could be flying in any direction for all we know. Except the completely neutral position of ailerons, horizontal stabilizers and rudder suggests no roll or yaw. If it was completely horizontal, we would see wingtip vortices as well.

The aircraft is flying vertically, with air pressure dropping by the time it reaches the wingtips.

The only thing which puts question marks around my deductions is the trail immediately behind the engine. Is that the after burner? Or is that the contrail on the other side?

I see vortices being generated despite a clear blue sky.
images
Sir the temperature difference resulting from pressure drop needs to be there for the ice crystals to form. The length of the contrail shows the temperature is quite low, meaning a large pressure difference, indicating a high speed.

Interestingly enough, the aircraft could be flying in any direction for all we know. Except the completely neutral position of ailerons, horizontal stabilizers and rudder suggests no roll or yaw. If it was completely horizontal, we would see wingtip vortices as well.

The aircraft is flying vertically, with air pressure dropping by the time it reaches the wingtips.

The only thing which puts question marks around my deductions is the trail immediately behind the engine. Is that the after burner? Or is that the contrail on the other side?
Clear days aren't an exact indicator of humidity.

From wikipedia

The cores of the vortices are sometimes visible because water present in them condenses from gas (vapor) to liquid, and sometimes even freezes, forming ice particles.

Condensation of water vapor in wing tip vortices is most common on aircraft flying at high angles of attack, such as fighter aircraft in high g maneuvers, or airliners taking off and landing on humid days.

So in case the same maneuvers were conducted at a very dry area such as sibi, you may not see much.

Its very nice, its strange that some block2 jets are getting rusty (yellowish) even they are comparetively newer and this one looks very neat and clean although it was made in 2008 and the rusty one which i had seen in few days back in picture was of 2016 :undecided::undecided:
Actually, he meant with out weapon load when he said "clean"
Am i right @Knuckles ?

Back
Top Bottom