What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

TOPIC IS JF-17

Stick to it!!!

Sir, we were discussing JF-17 numbers in relation to specific threats we face. In order to better understand the threats, we had to delve deep and analyse them from various angles. Apologies for derailing the thread.

@Chak Bamu after Salala the only rational conclusion we can make is the threat from Afghanistan exists, hanging like the Sword of Democles. Recent news about US plans for raising an airforce lend further credence to the threat. It may never materialize, but better prepared than caught off guard. But my sincere apologies for delving so far into theoreticals.

Sir, we were discussing JF-17 numbers in relation to specific threats we face. In order to better understand the threats, we had to delve deep and analyse them from various angles. Apologies for derailing the thread.

@Chak Bamu after Salala the only rational conclusion we can make is the threat from Afghanistan exists, hanging like the Sword of Democles. Recent news about US plans for raising an airforce lend further credence to the threat. It may never materialize, but better prepared than caught off guard. But my sincere apologies for delving so far into theoreticals.
Again it is a JFT thread. Keep to the topic at hand. The topic you want to discuss needs to be taken to a relevant section and discussed.
REgards

literally. Besides bypass makes turbines quieter.

whats the Q?

I mean is the noise reduction related to engine noise only or does it include aerodynamic structural changes which soften the noise generated by sonic boom? If engine related, which speed profile does it target? Supersonic? Transonic? Or subsonic?

Not assoc. with speed-in-air. Higher BPR translates to higher efficiency.
I mean is the noise reduction related to engine noise only or does it include aerodynamic structural changes which soften the noise generated by sonic boom? If engine related, which speed profile does it target? Supersonic? Transonic? Or subsonic?

IMG_1705.JPG

Clean jet departing Kamra AB.

Its very nice, its strange that some block2 jets are getting rusty (yellowish) even they are comparetively newer and this one looks very neat and clean although it was made in 2008 and the rusty one which i had seen in few days back in picture was of 2016 :undecided::undecided:
that's Block 1

Its very nice, its strange that some block2 jets are getting rusty (yellowish) even they are comparetively newer and this one looks very neat and clean although it was made in 2008 and the rusty one which i had seen in few days back in picture was of 2016 :undecided::undecided:

Rust isn't really tolerated on high-performance air-frames. What you saw were probably oil stains.

Back
Top Bottom