What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Usman S. from Pakdef

I had an informal visit to PAC about a week ago. Got a chance to visit MRF, AMF & had the opportunity to use JF-17 simulator. It's one of the three simulators (this one used for testing/development) in Pakistan. The other two (with even better specs) are based in Peshawar and Karachi. It's made in partnership with Spanish firm Indra (mostly hardware). These are fully functional, high fidelity replicas of all controls, instruments, displays & interior. Uses electric actuators and a COTS based PC computer system. The pilot can simulate everything that's possible in the actual aircraft including datalinks, BVR, IFR etc. He can also fly sorties against multiple aircraft (those are fed based on known specs) and can also fly with other pilots connected with other simulators. I flew a sortie and asked them to set me up from Masroor (instead of Kamra), which they did within 20 seconds. The scenery was exact match of Karachi/Masroor and you could easily ID all the landmarks. It was also a bit disorienting due to actuators when you roll and pitch. All in all a very impressive setup. I managed to takeoff and land successfully and did a few rolls and loops - very easy to fly.

At MRF there were multiple aircraft going through their routine inspection - a well known operation so nothing to add here. At JF-17 factory saw a few birds. Serial 229 was used for IFR tests and is also used as test aircraft for some other changes. The parts for Burma aircraft were supplied from Kamra. There might be an additional 10 aircraft in Block-II. The B variants are arriving in perhaps a month's time. Block-III will have structural changes including the addition of two intake/chin hard points. CFT's are not certain. AESA/avionics are gonna be most likely Chinese as European's are not willing to share codes due to China factor. The Turks were very happy to share and work with PAF so that's why their pods are now integrated.

Hi 2P34 any IFR probe on the other side ? Should have cleaned the spillage from the area
Slipping and tripping hazards
Thx

Actuator relay&loops decisively critical components were developed @ Chengdu -2004-05.
CFTs are delayed but onboard .

Usman S. from Pakdef

It was also a bit disorienting due to actuators when you roll and pitch.

The B variants are arriving in perhaps a month's time. Block-III will have structural changes including the addition of two intake/chin hard points. CFT's are not certain.

A few weeks back when a JF-17 shot down an intruding UAV, some of you guys were wondering how the JF-17 which are based in Karachi or Peshawar managed to carry out an i interception in Baluchistan instead of the home based F-7PGs....well there just happens to be JF-17 deployment at Samungli Base in Baluchistan .

View attachment 411801

@Oscar @Irfan Baloch @DESERT FIGHTER @HRK @TaimiKhan @Taimoor Khan @TOPGUN
@Oscar Whats are these at Samguli Base

upload_2017-7-20_2-17-39.png

upload_2017-7-20_2-18-8.png

Usman S. from Pakdef

I had an informal visit to PAC about a week ago. Got a chance to visit MRF, AMF & had the opportunity to use JF-17 simulator. It's one of the three simulators (this one used for testing/development) in Pakistan. The other two (with even better specs) are based in Peshawar and Karachi. It's made in partnership with Spanish firm Indra (mostly hardware). These are fully functional, high fidelity replicas of all controls, instruments, displays & interior. Uses electric actuators and a COTS based PC computer system. The pilot can simulate everything that's possible in the actual aircraft including datalinks, BVR, IFR etc. He can also fly sorties against multiple aircraft (those are fed based on known specs) and can also fly with other pilots connected with other simulators. I flew a sortie and asked them to set me up from Masroor (instead of Kamra), which they did within 20 seconds. The scenery was exact match of Karachi/Masroor and you could easily ID all the landmarks. It was also a bit disorienting due to actuators when you roll and pitch. All in all a very impressive setup. I managed to takeoff and land successfully and did a few rolls and loops - very easy to fly.

At MRF there were multiple aircraft going through their routine inspection - a well known operation so nothing to add here. At JF-17 factory saw a few birds. Serial 229 was used for IFR tests and is also used as test aircraft for some other changes. The parts for Burma aircraft were supplied from Kamra. There might be an additional 10 aircraft in Block-II. The B variants are arriving in perhaps a month's time. Block-III will have structural changes including the addition of two intake/chin hard points. CFT's are not certain. AESA/avionics are gonna be most likely Chinese as European's are not willing to share codes due to China factor. The Turks were very happy to share and work with PAF so that's why their pods are now integrated.

if the news is true than two additonal hard points is game changer and really would solve thunder ammuntion/hard point issue, i think even single hard point would have been a great addition, as these days nearly all sort of sorties require a jammer/targeting pod

i think whats missing now are helmet mounted display, a fifth gen WVR missle( this is important in WVR engament espe in pak -indai close proximity scenrios) and if possible a inbuilt IRST

if the news is true than two additonal hard points is game changer and really would solve thunder ammuntion/hard point issue, i think even single hard point would have been a great addition, as these days nearly all sort of sorties require a jammer/targeting pod

i think whats missing now are helmet mounted display, a fifth gen WVR missle( this is important in WVR engament espe in pak -indai close proximity scenrios) and if possible a inbuilt IRST
After this development can we say that now JF17 is at par with J10?
Was it the reason why PAF decling J10 for so long?
Is it still worth buying J10? What's the gap between the two left now?

After this development can we say that now JF17 is at par with J10?
Was it the reason why PAF decling J10 for so long?
Is it still worth buying J10? What's the gap between the two left now?
Major gap is engine power and weapon load carrying capacity. More fuel thus longer flight duration. And j10 has 11 hardpoints as per pics available.

Jf17 and J10 can never be at par except for something in avionics.

Major gap is engine power and weapon load carrying capacity. More fuel thus longer flight duration. And j10 has 11 hardpoints as per pics available.

Jf17 and J10 can never be at par except for something in avionics.
Yes, but having avionics from same source has risk of its own ... Weaknesses of avionics can be exploited by the enemy on all the aircraft ... Although the risk of the same s slightly lower with AESA radar ...

Back
Top Bottom