What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

The bird clearly seems to be from,No. 16 Squadron 'Black Panthers' , currently based in Peshawar.Must have been dispatched for this Job or Equipping Samungli with JFT'S is underway.May be 23 or 17 is getting a conversion.
I believe the aircraft that shot down the UAV belonged to No2 unit, this may just be part of the rotation as there are no immediate plans to replace the 7PGs in near future.

Hi don't you think that the reason of failed procurement in the past is our low defence budget and a failing economy and double that with the increasing prices of defence equipment around the world especially aviation related equipment.
the key word is fail
not just thew economy but the failure in decision making too

Hi don't you think that the reason of failed procurement in the past is our low defence budget and a failing economy and double that with the increasing prices of defence equipment around the world especially aviation related equipment.

Hi,

Young man---welcome to the forum---.

I have been beating this board for the last 11 + years that out of sheer negligence and treason the Paf has not procured aircraft in a timely manner---and then you come in and write a comment like as if the world has not moved anywhere since the last decade---.

I am very disappointed at the level of understanding of the young pakistanis---truly disappointed.

The flying distance from khr to panjgur is much less compared to sending a jet from quetta. Below pic can give an idea. The jf17 did fly from khr.

View attachment 411809

Speculations, speculations speculation move on just one question where can one find high resolution pic trying to check the wingtip launchers looks like jas39 JD has some kind of receivers / transmitter at the front and tail of it but need a high def to confirm this picture also provide some clue or may be need eye sight checked

A few weeks back when a JF-17 shot down an intruding UAV, some of you guys were wondering how the JF-17 which are based in Karachi or Peshawar managed to carry out an i interception in Baluchistan instead of the home based F-7PGs....well there just happens to be JF-17 deployment at Samungli Base in Baluchistan .
But The Whole episode was carried out from masroor. My source is the cockpit of that JF17 and it's based at Karachi.

View attachment 411801

@Oscar @Irfan Baloch @DESERT FIGHTER @HRK @TaimiKhan @Taimoor Khan @TOPGUN

Hi

" He then went on to touch on the new OODA 2.0 concept proposed by Lockheed Martin’s Tod Schuck and the Air Force Research Lab’s Erik Blasch. Speed and maneuverability is outdated, according to him. Information is key to winning future fights. He agreed that the parameters proposed in OODA 2.0: communication channel capacity, information entropy, amount of messages sent, and the velocity of those messages are important factors and should be research upon ".
Speed & twr important , but maneuverability is not if detection/engagement range 200/100 nm or more using awacs, ground based radars and network centric systems.
I think stealth can also be defeated by spreading smart dust or nanobots in the air.

Usman S. from Pakdef

I had an informal visit to PAC about a week ago. Got a chance to visit MRF, AMF & had the opportunity to use JF-17 simulator. It's one of the three simulators (this one used for testing/development) in Pakistan. The other two (with even better specs) are based in Peshawar and Karachi. It's made in partnership with Spanish firm Indra (mostly hardware). These are fully functional, high fidelity replicas of all controls, instruments, displays & interior. Uses electric actuators and a COTS based PC computer system. The pilot can simulate everything that's possible in the actual aircraft including datalinks, BVR, IFR etc. He can also fly sorties against multiple aircraft (those are fed based on known specs) and can also fly with other pilots connected with other simulators. I flew a sortie and asked them to set me up from Masroor (instead of Kamra), which they did within 20 seconds. The scenery was exact match of Karachi/Masroor and you could easily ID all the landmarks. It was also a bit disorienting due to actuators when you roll and pitch. All in all a very impressive setup. I managed to takeoff and land successfully and did a few rolls and loops - very easy to fly.

At MRF there were multiple aircraft going through their routine inspection - a well known operation so nothing to add here. At JF-17 factory saw a few birds. Serial 229 was used for IFR tests and is also used as test aircraft for some other changes. The parts for Burma aircraft were supplied from Kamra. There might be an additional 10 aircraft in Block-II. The B variants are arriving in perhaps a month's time. Block-III will have structural changes including the addition of two intake/chin hard points. CFT's are not certain. AESA/avionics are gonna be most likely Chinese as European's are not willing to share codes due to China factor. The Turks were very happy to share and work with PAF so that's why their pods are now integrated.

Usman S. from Pakdef

I had an informal visit to PAC about a week ago. Got a chance to visit MRF, AMF & had the opportunity to use JF-17 simulator. It's one of the three simulators (this one used for testing/development) in Pakistan. The other two (with even better specs) are based in Peshawar and Karachi. It's made in partnership with Spanish firm Indra (mostly hardware). These are fully functional, high fidelity replicas of all controls, instruments, displays & interior. Uses electric actuators and a COTS based PC computer system. The pilot can simulate everything that's possible in the actual aircraft including datalinks, BVR, IFR etc. He can also fly sorties against multiple aircraft (those are fed based on known specs) and can also fly with other pilots connected with other simulators. I flew a sortie and asked them to set me up from Masroor (instead of Kamra), which they did within 20 seconds. The scenery was exact match of Karachi/Masroor and you could easily ID all the landmarks. It was also a bit disorienting due to actuators when you roll and pitch. All in all a very impressive setup. I managed to takeoff and land successfully and did a few rolls and loops - very easy to fly.

At MRF there were multiple aircraft going through their routine inspection - a well known operation so nothing to add here. At JF-17 factory saw a few birds. Serial 229 was used for IFR tests and is also used as test aircraft for some other changes. The parts for Burma aircraft were supplied from Kamra. There might be an additional 10 aircraft in Block-II. The B variants are arriving in perhaps a month's time. Block-III will have structural changes including the addition of two intake/chin hard points. CFT's are not certain. AESA/avionics are gonna be most likely Chinese as European's are not willing to share codes due to China factor. The Turks were very happy to share and work with PAF so that's why their pods are now integrated.

I have used K-8 and F-7 PG simulators and they have the same specs u described so nothing special in this case..
P.S i couldnt land K8 but had success with PG :yahoo:. I too have photos but wont post them

The bird clearly seems to be from,No. 16 Squadron 'Black Panthers' , currently based in Peshawar.Must have been dispatched for this Job or Equipping Samungli with JFT'S is underway.May be 23 or 17 is getting a conversion.

A few weeks back when a JF-17 shot down an intruding UAV, some of you guys were wondering how the JF-17 which are based in Karachi or Peshawar managed to carry out an i interception in Baluchistan instead of the home based F-7PGs....well there just happens to be JF-17 deployment at Samungli Base in Baluchistan .

View attachment 411801

@Oscar @Irfan Baloch @DESERT FIGHTER @HRK @TaimiKhan @Taimoor Khan
The flying distance from khr to panjgur is much less compared to sending a jet from quetta. Below pic can give an idea. The jf17 did fly from khr.

View attachment 411809
@TOPGUN

View attachment 411809
The JET is currently deployed at Samungli for few years but the one that downed iranian UAV flew from Masroor..confirmed from a Samungli based source.

Usman S. from Pakdef

Have you seen any thunder with pods attached on Blk 2, if yes got any pics, or if not attached have any info when they will reveille it

Usman S. from Pakdef

The simulator was having issues also found on the aircraft due to some software causing the screen to flicker. But the jet itself is pretty easy to fly.

jf-17.jpg

View attachment 411801

@Oscar @Irfan Baloch @DESERT FIGHTER @HRK @TaimiKhan @Taimoor Khan @TOPGUN
by deploying thunders in baluchistan
paf make fool iranians
just want to say to iranians
mauka mauka mauka mauka

Back
Top Bottom