What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

JFT B, Dual Seater looks fat, just like F7 Dual seater (no comparing both at all, as both are entirely different machines), i hope and wish that the looks of third block is more compact and good on eye for example looking at the evolution of F-16 Blockwise (although the era of the later spans more than 30 years as compared to the former),

JFT B, Dual Seater looks fat, just like F7 Dual seater (no comparing both at all, as both are entirely different machines), i hope and wish that the looks of third block is more compact and good on eye for example looking at the evolution of F-16 Blockwise (although the era of the later spans more than 30 years as compared to the former),
Hard to say as there are mixed inputs coming e.g. some say jf17b is basis for mk3 series; if so then it makes sense to have almost same assembly line. 17b looks very similar to Mirage 2k trainer if you check it out.

Hard to say as there are mixed inputs coming e.g. some say jf17b is basis for mk3 series; if so then it makes sense to have almost same assembly line. 17b looks very similar to Mirage 2k trainer if you check it out.
Clearly "fat" and "compact" are very astutely described requirements key to aircraft performance in combat.

Guess its fat free fuel for the Jf-17 from now on- low cholesterol since that gets the engine smoking.

The B may or may not be the basis for the mk-3 as any structural changes may not translate in this ezact manner.

Whether or not the raised spine is retained for fuel or additional avionics is moot, since any added weight will require additional thrust to compensate and I am not sure how much more can be dragged out of the Rd-93 @messiach

Last edited:
Nevermind, the wingtip mount is just a standard universal one that can house both SRAAM and MRAAM.

Sure, but the referred picture surely have something more than just a launch rail and its something new.
I tend to believe that's an integrated ECM.
I'm also surprised that it didn't attract the attention, it deserved!

Sure, but the referred picture surely have something more than just a launch rail and its something new.
I tend to believe that's an integrated ECM.
I'm also surprised that it didn't attract the attention, it deserved!
I echo all your above comments

JF 17B IN CHANIES ASSEMBLY LINE
18037330fedf1aa0b0ea29.jpg

18037330fedf1aa0b0ea26.jpg

18037330fedf1aa0b0ea27.jpg

18037330fedf1aa0b0e921.jpg

Thats a JL-9 trainer, not the jf-17 :coffee:

I thinks it's a electronic warfare pod which has also a missile railing launcher, View attachment 407650 built in for air to air missile. Seen it first time. Comment appreciated with which type of pod is it.

Hmm, interesting, i posted the pic but didnt notice the wingtip as i was too busy looking at the ammo loader :P

Yes, the wingtip is quit "fat" and almost seems to have another inner layer rail of some sort? The usual wingtip is quite slim, much like the one in the f-16.

JF-17-line-up.png

very interesting!

here is something similar, and interesting...

cp140_wingtip_esm.jpg

it is the wingtip of CP-140 Aurora. The wingtip ecm/ rwr caps can be clearly seen. Look below..

cp140_inflight_v2.jpg

Not suggesting that the jf-17 housing contains the same, but could be something similar?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom