What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Hi,

On the low side---it would be 12 mil---on the high side it would be 20 mil difference.

Hi,

So---what are your personal / professional considerations / opinions in the JF17 scenario where the life of the european engine maybe longer that that of the structural life of the aircraft in question?

Engines are not pegged to aircraft. Example is ATR9C. Engines are supposed to outlast the aircraft they operate on, unlike commercial aviation.

Hard to say as there are mixed inputs coming e.g. some say jf17b is basis for mk3 series; if so then it makes sense to have almost same assembly line. 17b looks very similar to Mirage 2k trainer if you check it out.

Hmmmm, close except for the delta wings on M2K

Dassault_Aviation_Mirage_2000N_(code_375)_of_the_French_Air_Force_arrives_Fairford_7Jul2016_arp.jpg
JF-17B-3.jpg

Clearly "fat" and "compact" are very astutely described requirements key to aircraft performance in combat.

Guess its fat free fuel for the Jf-17 from now on- low cholesterol since that gets the engine smoking.

The B may or may not be the basis for the mk-3 as any structural changes may not translate in this ezact manner.

Whether or not the raised spine is retained for fuel or additional avionics is moot, since any added weight will require additional thrust to compensate and I am not sure how much more can be dragged out of the Rd-93 @messiach
Indeed, i was a bit surprised as to how rounded jf-17b was now; understood that various requirements were at play. :) of course we need to be careful with too much cholestrol :)... diabetes and other issues manifest themselves.
I concur we have yet to see firm specs on mk3 at this stage - may be 2019. Rd-93 remains the achilles heal of this design - lets see if they come up with a better engine replacement.

If some body remember PAF gifted a Mirage to China. It was not to be placed on a round about some where china. It's internal design and outer design specs to be used in thunder B design.

@Windjammer Any idea when we would see the concept pictures I mean of JF-17 BLOCK III ??? The official final pictures

If some body remember PAF gifted a Mirage to China. It was not to be placed on a round about some where china. It's internal design and outer design specs to be used in thunder B design.

I have seen that in aviation museum
And Thunder isnt derived from mirage its from Israeli failed jet

Are u guys really naive or try to be ?

China has been making dual seat jets for decades and much modern ones. Why the hell they need a 40 year old jet to design now. Do u have any idea how many jets china has designed, copied and improved further.

I have seen that in aviation museum
And Thunder isnt derived from mirage its from Israeli failed jet
Loooo bhai, aik aur agayaa.

Yaar plz use google to first educate urself about the topic u need to discuss and then start posting.

Why are u confusing J10 design with Thunder ?

Go and check J10 vs Israeli Lavi design.

no..... please read various earlier threads you can find details of the history; definitely not mirage based.

I never said thunder is Mirage based, but it's my assumption that the gifted Mirage may have been used to make some commonality in B model design. Don't be offended with any bodies idea, as every body here have some how made some assumptions

RD93 is a work horse. The new engine is rated @ min 105 KN. Wait for official.

Clearly "fat" and "compact" are very astutely described requirements key to aircraft performance in combat.

Guess its fat free fuel for the Jf-17 from now on- low cholesterol since that gets the engine smoking.

The B may or may not be the basis for the mk-3 as any structural changes may not translate in this ezact manner.

Whether or not the raised spine is retained for fuel or additional avionics is moot, since any added weight will require additional thrust to compensate and I am not sure how much more can be dragged out of the Rd-93 @messiach

I never said thunder is Mirage based, but it's my assumption that the gifted Mirage may have been used to make some commonality in B model design. Don't be offended with any bodies idea, as every body here have some how made some assumptions
No, that is M2K; Pakistan had Mirage 5/3 which are completely different.

Back
Top Bottom