What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

CATIC officials told Alan Warnes that the PAF is unlikely to choose the Vixen 1000E AESA radar because both Leonardo and AVIC (SD-10) would be reluctant to share their respective source codes. However, the Turks are going to reveal their own BVRAAM in the BOZDOĞAN at IDEF. Would there be a problem with Leonardo and the Turks sharing their respective codes (for integrating the B-GAN to the Vixen)? @Tank131 @Bratva @cabatli_53

@Oscar I don't know about the PAF, but this would basically round out the Westernized JF-17 option for prospective export customers.

https://www.dailysabah.com/defense/...-to-air-missiles-to-be-showcased-at-idef-2017
it makes no sense to purchase a missile just so that theres a greater chance italy would share the source codes.
italy said not to sharing the source codes full stop even without requesting chinese missile integration(hypothetical and unlikely)

the Chinese option is the best option simply because its sanction free and they can integrate the Turkish missile in the event they decide to acquire it. also if purchased in the right numbers it can be built locally and the knowledge would go on to the ngf.

Pakistan Has its AAM program running and we tested indigenous IIR seeker last month which was success.
any source or something? :-/ coz if by any chance this is true then i would most probably call it a license manufacture of Denel BVRs in pakistan with own name just like raptor series we did....thas what i am guessing nowadays

Pakistan Has its AAM program running and we tested indigenous IIR seeker last month which was success.
A Marlin/B-Datar license production or a 100% home grown project? :)

There was some interest in the Denel program, and some reports of some work being done in AWC back in 2000s but nothing after that. If a seeker was tested in real it will be interesting to know which of the two lines is being followed now. a) the Denel project, or b) the home grown solution.

any source or something? :-/ coz if by any chance this is true then i would most probably call it a license manufacture of Denel BVRs in pakistan with own name just like raptor series we did....thas what i am guessing nowadays
what we need is fifth gen WVR and better BVR than SD-10

i dont think we have the expertise to get a fifth gen WVR, so it has to be either a JV with turkey or SA, and I think we missed both the opportunities

this would have been a good boast for exports

we also need a HMD for thunder

The most obvious choice of missile for Vixen 1000 would be Meteor.

what we need is fifth gen WVR and better BVR than SD-10

i dont think we have the expertise to get a fifth gen WVR, so it has to be either a JV with turkey or SA, and I think we missed both the opportunities

this would have been a good boast for exports

we also need a HMD for thunder
Dont get your hopes low. since china is yet to offer a worthy HMD , we cant integrate Chinese 5th Gen WVRs on foreign HMDs (if sought) which open the gates to other WVR markets including the highest candidate from denel . Lets wait and see now. By end of 2018 , everything will be clear

EgjnoZ.jpg

could this be considered for JF17? It can be used for F16 as well.

If you don't mind me asking, why would the Turks have to reveal it to the Chinese? I understand this would be the case in the use of the KLJ-7A, but would this really be necessary if the JF-17 (e.g. a prototype for export) is equipped with the Vixen 1000E?
The Vixen would be out because the Chinese wont support it. Not that they cannot, but they want to force us to spend only money on them. The source code is not the issue for us and we can(and have done it) on our own for the Jf for a while.

It has to do with the Chinese playing sour puss in future developments. We need their facilities for improving the fighter and testing it; and they have a stake in the program.

As they demonstrated with anger during the crash caused by us carrying out tests on some western equipment, they do not appreciate our independent decisions when it comes to joint projects.
Makes you think about CPEC

Interesting. Thats why i have talked about developing home-grown fab-tech backbone. Must for survive. You are right on CPeC, reminds me of Perkins 'confessions of an economic hitman'. There are HK based large scale industrial businesses who have played a critical role in mainland industrialization & are also heavily influenced by wall street bankers.

The Vixen would be out because the Chinese wont support it. Not that they cannot, but they want to force us to spend only money on them. The source code is not the issue for us and we can(and have done it) on our own for the Jf for a while.

It has to do with the Chinese playing sour puss in future developments. We need their facilities for improving the fighter and testing it; and they have a stake in the program.

As they demonstrated with anger during the crash caused by us carrying out tests on some western equipment, they do not appreciate our independent decisions when it comes to joint projects.

ever so reason why we need to get in JV with other countries as well, instead of buying everything of the shelf.
at-least the ones we have a large enough market for i.e, SAMs, helicopters, tanks, corvettes

turkey, Ukraine (recently sauids doing JV for transport ac) and SA have good avenues that we can explore.

CPEC is nothing but a brand name for investment, I am not sure about its utility as a corridor for land lock china

So just 400 kg weight gain for additional seat and fuel instead of say 800-1000kg rest addressed due to fly by wire and composites pretty good also max takeoff weight also gone up so looks like now it's 13 ton class vs 11 ton max takeoff

Just because it's being displayed does not mean it's available for sales never heard of first launch yet so may be still being developed trials and acceptance by taf first then there are chances of international sales depending upon trials first by buyer

Spada 2k was selected by paf because it had Italian af plus 5 other buyers and over 100 Missile fired for testing and customer trials over Swedish Sam which was at the time still in DEV per paf history

I am sure sd10 was also accepted after looking at plaaf trail and acceptance data plus in country trials

Back
Top Bottom