What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Oh sonny did I hurt you that bad ?

The point we are highlighting is bad decision made by men in blue and we propose that has a lot
to do with their intermediate background.

and Oh I have about 15 years of experience and counting dealing with intermediate personalities.

MK he was trying to defend honor ( albeit false )
Truth is bitter when doled out in the face.

First I am not your 'sonny'. I am actually on thresholds to cross from middle age to old age. My heart felt apologies but rather than giving any solid arguments, making blanket statements and mentioning stereotypes just shows your age, maturity and mental level.

I have already had arguments with MK and have a very good idea about his level of knowledge in regards to aerial warfare, technologies and BFM.

It is not about any bitter truth or mistakes or even blunders made by professionals. It is about having a private painting, not even placing it up for criticism, and some uninvited idiot trying to correct mistake without even knowing how to paint.

If thinking that makes you happy so be it.
Lets leave it at that; thousands other will come and read this forum and make out the truth themselves.
Yep, keep on trying to make out truth from a public forum about a platform whose actual specifications and associated doctrine, tactics are confidential. Keep trying..

I think that there is noting wrong in giving your opinions about any thing, a jet, or a doctrine or even tactics even if you do not know much about it. But it is not appropriate to start berating, belittling others based on information gathered from forums or other public sources. I have read other forums, US based and even indian in last few months but I have never seen this kind of behaviour any where else and I am honestly surprised at our own behaviours in this regard.

Last edited:
Last edited:
TO ALL MEMBERS I THINK ITS ENOUGH .... don't try to hijack this thread ....

JF-17 is capable of pulling +9g maneuvers - Air Marshal (R) Masood Akhtar.

So does this means that the platform has been cleared for +9g maneuvers?

@HRK @Bratva @Oscar @JamD @Windjammer

Also, According to him, Block 3 is likely to have CFTs like the BLK 52s (F-16). And @Bratva, It'll have a fully active AESA.
I would take what he says with a pinch of salt. He said some weird things like "exocet++ harpoon+ ...and of course this is Chinese". I'm sure he's alluding to Chines anti-ship missiles but he does not seem to be very technically informed. I would still trust the official statistics or an engineer directly involved with the program.

Also, According to him, Block 3 is likely to have CFTs like the BLK 52s (F-16). And @Bratva, It'll have a fully active AESA.

It was made to sustain 9g from the beginning, the 8-8.5g the cautious figure.
CFT is not a given but maybe possible with a powerful engine.

Aesa is almost a done deal, two units are being tested by lab 14 (Nriet) and 38th institute (Cetc) respectively. Italians are also pushing vixen series as a contender

Thanks for your post. I'll not say whether software-wise present JF-17 is programmed to pull +9G or not. But fact is that a jet should be able to handle well above 9G if you want to put a limit in software for upto 9G. Also gyros are not placed exactly at CG so when your HUD is showing 9G, it is possible that you are pulling a bit above it in terms of CG of air-frame. Also software based limits are related to how much stress you want to put on the air-frame in the long run.
I am very confident that CFTs will come sooner or later. CFTs provide too many benefits and our air-force already knows this very well. Range-wise they are much better than drop tanks as drop tanks add significant drag which results in reducing the actual benefit from that fuel to 60-65% compared to internal. Also positive impact on payload in some operational configurations.
But biggest impact will be much more freedom in planning operations whether in terms of air to air or air to ground.In dog fights, historically more than half of kills occur when one of the opponents tries to exit it because of lower fuel. With agile and energy conserving fighters like F-16 and CFTs this increases chances to have higher kill ratios. In CAP you can either loiter more or take up more weapons payload while CFTs do not stress your air-frames the way drop tanks do and neither inhibit acceleration or agility. In naval operation, you will have significant range and also combat radius advantage for fighters who will be tasked to provide air superiority role in the mixed sorties. In deep strikes, you can drop your tanks much deeper in enemy territory if needed and enter merges.

Thanks for your post. I'll not say whether software-wise present JF-17 is programmed to pull +9G or not. But fact is that a jet should be able to handle well above 9G if you want to put a limit in software for upto 9G. Also gyros are not placed exactly at CG so when your HUD is showing 9G, it is possible that you are pulling a bit above it in terms of CG of air-frame. Also software based limits are related to how much stress you want to put on the air-frame in the long run.
I am very confident that CFTs will come sooner or later. CFTs provide too many benefits and our air-force already knows this very well. Range-wise they are much better than drop tanks as drop tanks add significant drag which results in reducing the actual benefit from that fuel to 60-65% compared to internal. Also positive impact on payload in some operational configurations.
But biggest impact will be much more freedom in planning operations whether in terms of air to air or air to ground.In dog fights, historically more than half of kills occur when one of the opponents tries to exit it because of lower fuel. With agile and energy conserving fighters like F-16 and CFTs this increases chances to have higher kill ratios. In CAP you can either loiter more or take up more weapons payload while CFTs do not stress your air-frames the way drop tanks do and neither inhibit acceleration or agility. In naval operation, you will have significant range and also combat radius advantage for fighters who will be tasked to provide air superiority role in the mixed sorties. In deep strikes, you can drop your tanks much deeper in enemy territory if needed and enter merges.
Yes, I have been promoting CFTs for a couple of years now on this forum for all those reasons and also the reduced RCS that comes with them. So far, I haven't received any encouraging response except yours.

Fully Active AESA - :undecided: Before this can accepted I would like to hear that JF-17 is getting a different / better engine. All this is not possible with current engine.

Hi,

An aircraft that is limited to 8G's has a built in safety margin of +3---+4---+5 or way more

here is an interesting read from F16 dot net

http://www.f-16.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7061

Fully Active AESA - :undecided: Before this can accepted I would like to hear that JF-17 is getting a different / better engine. All this is not possible with current engine.

Hi,

And why would you want to do that----?

It is stressed to greater than 10Gs.. but it is limited to 8.5G to preserve airframe life.
As for the CFT bit, I am skeptical if the block-3 will come out with CFTs but since these are all fluid concepts; It is anyone's guess.

images

Back
Top Bottom