What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE: The first two SBP JF-17 Block 2s are now under flight trails with T&E unit at PAF base Kamra-Minhas. The unit is also flying 8 Block 1s comprising the first two Block 1 SBP and last 6 Block 1 serial production aircraft. The unit will receive three more jets from the advanced block in a couple of months.
what are possible spec

KLJ7 v2 ..RD93 MA ..IFR probe

IRST ??? HMD???

I was talking about the availability of the current version and expressed hope that for future, we should have something more powerful. But unlike you, I would like a better engine with modified frame for substantial payload and room for future upgrades, not just mach 2 for racing purpose.

Let that technology demonstrator without any technology right now, give time for development and then we'll see

We had 50 inducted and another 100 of same standards are being procured. Was not the total order of PAF as per ACM as 150 for all 3 blocks? Are we going to in reasese them to 250 with last 100 as upgraded version?
So far we dont have any foreign customer where w can utilize these 100s
I think if availability issue is not any more with MAs then should be given focus
By the way MAs will not only help in race but also in carrying extra load if additional hp is added will help in aesa that require lots of powet from engine
Are we putting thee 100 in block 2 only?
i understand ur point but have some cofusion about how engine subject was discussed at different pages

Keeping my fingers crossed for a hard point opposite the gun for mounting a pod. Seems pretty do able.

We had 50 inducted and another 100 of same standards are being procured. Was not the total order of PAF as per ACM as 150 for all 3 blocks? Are we going to in reasese them to 250 with last 100 as upgraded version?
So far we dont have any foreign customer where w can utilize these 100s
I think if availability issue is not any more with MAs then should be given focus
By the way MAs will not only help in race but also in carrying extra load if additional hp is added will help in aesa that require lots of powet from engine
Are we putting thee 100 in block 2 only?
i understand ur point but have some cofusion about how engine subject was discussed at different pages
Keep up with the official version of events and you wont get confused. It takes time to make changes and try it out before inducting. Financial worries are another factor as inspite of all the floss and dross the finances remain a major worry.
Araz

The bad news is that it means China is facing issues with the development of the WS13 engine, even though a production line for the manufacture of the WS13 has been set up at Guizong.
Definitely wrong

On a side note the RD93 engine will also be used as a test-bed for the J31 program until the WS15 engine is ready around 2020.
FC-31 can not use WS-15

As more and more new gen of planes are inducted, I think more frequent PAF-PLAAN joint training/exercise (see pic) is needed especially in subjects like air-land warfare. Battle-hardened PAF may share useful experience with PLAAN.
upload_2015-1-17_20-13-48.jpeg

Keep up with the official version of events and you wont get confused. It takes time to make changes and try it out before inducting. Financial worries are another factor as inspite of all the floss and dross the finances remain a major worry.
Araz
Thanks for the direction sir

UPDATE: The first two SBP JF-17 Block 2s are now under flight trails with T&E unit at PAF base Kamra-Minhas. The unit is also flying 8 Block 1s comprising the first two Block 1 SBP and last 6 Block 1 serial production aircraft. The unit will receive three more jets from the advanced block in a couple of months.
so all this fake news about PAF getting 5 block 2's by the end of last december was a pile of BS like everything that comes out of there mouth, i won't be surprised if there isn't a block 2 squadron operational by the end of 2015.

so all this fake news about PAF getting 5 block 2's by the end of last december was a pile of BS like everything that comes out of there mouth, i won't be surprised if there isn't a block 2 squadron operational by the end of 2015.

awwwwww, then get ready to be surprised FGT..

Via A.Man (SDF) ...
Strange :blink: ... it looks at least without the IFR-probe like a standard Block I aircraft but its serial is a bit off ! ... and I can't think that there are already 13 Block II aircraft build, especially since they have the serials "2Pxx" ... and even more this image is taken at CAC and not at Kamra, so a special CAC-test-bird ???

Deino

JF-17 no. 0213 - 18.1.15.jpg

PS... I'm just spinning my mind a bit: Could it be indeed a special CAC-build test-aircraft ?? ... maybe the second one powered by the WS-13 engine ??? hence the "0213" serial ??

Via A.Man (SDF) ...
Strange :blink: ... it looks at least without the IFR-probe like a standard Block I aircraft but its serial is a bit off ! ... and I can't think that there are already 13 Block II aircraft build, especially since they have the serials "2Pxx" ... and even more this image is taken at CAC and not at Kamra, so a special CAC-test-bird ???

Deino

View attachment 184646

PS... I'm just spinning my mind a bit: Could it be indeed a special CAC-build test-aircraft ?? ... maybe the second one powered by the WS-13 engine ??? hence the "0213" serial ??

IFR will be retrofitted in 2016-2017. They are not introducing it during manufacturing.

IFR will be retrofitted in 2016-2017. They are not introducing it during manufacturing.

But as far as I know the first Block II aircraft are build at Kamra and have different serials .... this one has a different one and was spotted at Chengdu.

Last edited:
Via A.Man (SDF) ...

Deino

View attachment 184646

what does this pic indicate ?

As per the previously available information in public domain we know

- Production of Blk -2 started in September or in October 2014 in PAC
- PAC produced at least 4-5 copies till December 2014
- As per one of the 'speculation / leak' all 4-5 are currently under testing by PAF testing & evaluation team at PAC

And now this pic of Blk-2 (0213) in CAC could be interpreted as

- We at least have 17-18 Blk-2 available (under testing) which is almost equivalent to the squadron strength of PAF
- 'Currently' two production lines are active
- And we know that till to date we have not succeed to secure any export order for JF-17
- So IMHO it is just an effort to speed up the production to cope up the lost time (In 2014 not a single JF-17 inducted in PAF)
- Further its a practical example & indication that without investing further for any new production line anywhere in the world this pretty little bird can be delivered to the export customer as per agreed schedule
- & its a pure speculation from my side that PAF is going to induct all China made first squadron of JF-17 blk-2 in first quarter of 2015....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom