What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is strange about this piece of JF-17?

To admit IMO it is simply strange to see a new FC-1 / JF-17 build at CAC after all these years. As far as I'm correct, the last "CAC-build and flown in Chengdu" aircraft was pt. 06 + the first PAF-serials already a few years ago.

All other manufactured aircraft were delivered in kits to Kamra ...

Therefore alone it is remarkable. Even more its serial is a typical CAC-style serial similar to the J-7 and J-10 series here denoting (possibly !) "Block 2 - 13 aircraft" = 0213 and since all Kamra-build aircraft have a different serial system - namely "2Pxx" it is another strange thing. I must admit I don't know if the CAC pre-manufactured birds all have a similar CAC-serial only to get a Kamra-style serial in Pakistan. However eve if it is that way it gives a hint that this could already be the 13. aircraft.

Therefore ... a lot mysteries around this bird.

Deino

I can't find any difference in this bird and black1 designe and apperance seems exactly same, offcourse internal changes as avionics etc can not be viewed
I would like to see complete block2 in paf colors

everybody is waiting to see JF-17 Block-II in PAF color for long.

To admit IMO it is simply strange to see a new FC-1 / JF-17 build at CAC after all these years. As far as I'm correct, the last "CAC-build and flown in Chengdu" aircraft was pt. 06 + the first PAF-serials already a few years ago.

All other manufactured aircraft were delivered in kits to Kamra ...

Therefore alone it is remarkable. Even more its serial is a typical CAC-style serial similar to the J-7 and J-10 series here denoting (possibly !) "Block 2 - 13 aircraft" = 0213 and since all Kamra-build aircraft have a different serial system - namely "2Pxx" it is another strange thing. I must admit I don't know if the CAC pre-manufactured birds all have a similar CAC-serial only to get a Kamra-style serial in Pakistan. However eve if it is that way it gives a hint that this could already be the 13. aircraft.

Therefore ... a lot mysteries around this bird.

Deino

What are the possibilities of it being built for PLAAF?a more customized version?

Maybe it is for export to 3rd nation ...(recently PAF stated that deal with middle eastern nation is almost done)

Would love it to be for export, but it's a few weeks ago when the deal was "close ". Very unlikely that it closed and we already see a plane for the said deal taxing.

RD-33 aka RD 93 is an engine well suited for twin configuration in this configuration it is making a machine which has TW of 0.95, this factor also limits the use of more powerful radar an up to date AESA uses peak power of 6 to 10 kw for best operation.

what is strange about this piece of JF-17?
The number 0213 is strange. 02 means Block II? Then what dose 13 mean? The 13rd one? But in CAC this is the only new one for many years.

The number 0213 is strange. 02 means Block II? Then what dose 13 mean? The 13rd one? But in CAC this is the only new one for many years.

Hi,

0213 is the luck number 6 ---- so there is something interesting coming up.

Hi,

There were news of 50 JF-17s from China. Maybe, at-least some of the Blk-2 (or is this Blk-2 real at all for one cant trust anything that comes out from PAF officials) were to be manufactured in China and this is one of them.

Hi,

See my post on #1354 . This will not be the only one and more will appear in CAC. So either PAF has ordered so many numbers at at time that PAC can not fulfill its requirement or something else has happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom