What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
0213 is not a serial production aircraft
serial production numbers would read 213 - 2 for block 2 and 13 for number of a/c manufactured.
The 0 throws it off.

10356204_1070469509636824_121873012494188619_n.jpg

0213 is not a serial production aircraft
serial production numbers would read 213 - 2 for block 2 and 13 for number of a/c manufactured.
The 0 throws it off.

Not really sure about that, and that's in fact that strange thing: it has not a typical Kamra-serial but a typical CAC-serial, like I explained in post #1368.

Otherwise what else could it be ??
A refurbished older prototype ? ... but why then completely in a new primer ?
A new one off prototype to test or demonstrate something special ? Maybe indeed the WS-13 (but it looks exactly like a RD-93) or for new export customer ? (but why then a new bird) ??

Really strange.

Not really sure about that, and that's in fact that strange thing: it has not a typical Kamra-serial but a typical CAC-serial, like I explained in post #1368.

Otherwise what else could it be ??
A refurbished older prototype ? ... but why then completely in a new primer ?
A new one off prototype to test or demonstrate something special ? Maybe indeed the WS-13 (but it looks exactly like a RD-93) or for new export customer ? (but why then a new bird) ??

Really strange.
Hi,
It seems like
1. This JF-17 is more likely to be block 2 for a foreign (unknown) customer.
2. CAC maybe taking off pressure from PAC with its block 2 production lines for PAF...
3. WS-13 theory seems far fetched...I am more inclined towards point 2...

Latest news out of China is that FC-1 prototype #0213 is being tested with the WS13 engine.
Well are you sure I have a relative in China working on this jet will try to confirm

Some say, there are more than one foreign customers ready to sign deal for JF17. But the bird is not fully to its potential yet. Some weapons and systems are yet to be fully operational. Apparently Pakistan asked China to help in this regard and this bird may be part of that. I hope aircraft is ready in its final shape soon so that export can go ahead. If you ask me, I am more inclined to get Block 1 reach its full potential than seeing just half cooked Block2.

I an inclined towards a non-PAF (export) version. The 13 is confusing unless if they have already built 12.

Latest news out of China is that FC-1 prototype #0213 is being tested with the WS13 engine.

Hmmm ... sounds IMO too good to be true ! Years of nearly nothing and then suddenly a more or less RD-93-identical engine ! I'm still skeptical.

However Huitong's follows the WS-13 version of possible explanations !

The latest image (January 2015) suggested that one FC-1 prototype (#0213) might be used to test the indigenous WS-13 turbofan engine.

http://chinese-military-aviation.blogspot.de/p/fighters-ii.html#FC-1

Deino

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom